Author Topic: US and Blzortung  (Read 2405 times)

Offline txweather.org

• Forecaster
    • Texas Weather
US and Blzortung
« on: April 03, 2019, 09:56:47 AM »
For a while I been seen alot of negative numbers on my station and those around me... Also last week the whole map was off and no reports were showing on lightningmaps.... This week things seem "ok" but very little activity been picked up with lots of negative numbers around my station.

I been disconnected from the scene so I am not to in too was going on but now that I have the time I am trying to get everything back the way it was :)

So is this normal or is there a problem??? Or am I the problem? LOL!

TIA!
« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 11:12:51 AM by txweather.org »

----
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus +FARS|Meteobridge Nano SD|Meteohub|Meteobridge MR-3020|WU KTXSPRIN75/PWS JRARGWX75/CWOP EW2972/WBB TXWDVUE75/Blitzortung ID: 1142|AWEKAS: 12095
Donations are welcome: https://paypal.me/ffuentesb

Offline Cutty Sark Sailor

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
    • Frankfort Weather - TwinHollies WeatherCenter
Re: US and Blzortung
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2019, 11:00:58 AM »
No, "Your're not the problem"...
the issue you seem to be addressing is Lightningmaps data versus Blitzortung Data.... there are 'anomolies' and some 'thoughts' being collected and 'formulated' for presentation to the developers.. some of these should be obvious, but others are 'subtle', intermittent, and not necessarily 'obvious... especially when you have two completely different 'data' presentation approaches... LMO and Blitzortung.. for two different reasons... LMO being more directed with 'hardcore' analysis and experimentation, and Blitzortung' presenting more 'general' data... currently the two 'systems' are not speaking well to each other and Tobi (LMO) has been extremely diverted from the project because of 'vocational' and 'personal' demands for some time...  as an 'experimental' and 'hobby' project concept, as defined, the data available is certainly not exploited to the depths possible, and there  is a very small group of us experimenting with ways to suggest a "level Two / Three"  :roll: shift 'upward' if you will,,,, after all, that's part of the 'experimental' approach...Let me attach a simple teaser   "derived presentation' using a different 'processing' concept' just a hint...that might blow your mind.. but it's well down the road, currently,...  and I won't discuss further in this public forum.. except to say the attached are very simple, derived illustrative purpose and nothing to do with what will be actually available, probably on a very restricted, operator's only option ... hopefully... but it may be time to begin to 'come out of the closet' somewhat, and take this excellent project concept to the next levels..
NOTE:  must be 'logged in" to see the attachments,... :twisted:
« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 11:11:28 AM by Cutty Sark Sailor »

Offline txweather.org

• Forecaster
    • Texas Weather
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2019, 11:26:36 AM »
Curtty, As allways thank you for this insight information. WoW I am awed and I agree, This project has amazing potential. I am about to install my E-Field antenna so I hope your experiments kick off and we see some reliable data!

Thanks again!

----
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus +FARS|Meteobridge Nano SD|Meteohub|Meteobridge MR-3020|WU KTXSPRIN75/PWS JRARGWX75/CWOP EW2972/WBB TXWDVUE75/Blitzortung ID: 1142|AWEKAS: 12095

Offline dupreezd

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2019, 06:09:57 PM »
txweather, I am just up the road from you (about 7-8) miles if you want to compare signals.

Station 2100

Davis VP2 6163 | WiFi Logger
CWOP - FW0717
Blitzortung 2100

Offline txweather.org

• Forecaster
    • Texas Weather
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2019, 07:18:42 PM »
txweather, I am just up the road from you (about 7-8) miles if you want to compare signals.

Station 2100

Awesome!
Your stations has some awesome reports... I wish I knew how to tune mine that way... I am working on getting my e-field antenna up this weekend :)

----

Offline dupreezd

• Forecaster
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2019, 07:31:04 PM »
I am part of Cutty Sark Full Manual Club :-) I also opted not to go long distance hunting, although I do pickup some far away strokes on occasion.
Apart from that, I did spend a lot of time to find that magic quiet spot with the least amount of noise to place my antennas.

Davis VP2 6163 | WiFi Logger
CWOP - FW0717
Blitzortung 2100

Offline txweather.org

• Forecaster
    • Texas Weather
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2019, 07:55:46 PM »
Yea, I dont have the proper equipment to search for low noise areas :(

I also have a house full of wireless and other noise generating equipment :( I am hoping that the e-field antenna been outside help me :)

----

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2019, 08:08:59 PM »

I also have a house full of wireless and other noise generating equipment :( I am hoping that the e-field antenna been outside help me :)

You've got a portable AM Radio and Two Legs??? Be surprised what it could show ya....
There's some 'covert' expermentation going on regarding that noise thingy anyway...

Offline txweather.org

• Forecaster
    • Texas Weather
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2019, 08:48:11 PM »

You've got a portable AM Radio and Two Legs??? Be surprised what it could show ya....
There's some 'covert' expermentation going on regarding that noise thingy anyway...

LOL.
No I dont but I will look for one if it will help me.
I am not too say with this stuff if you could tell me what I need to do with it all go get the radio tomorrow.

----

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2019, 10:35:44 PM »

LOL.
No I dont but I will look for one if it will help me.
I am not too say with this stuff if you could tell me what I need to do with it all go get the radio tomorrow.
:)  Heh,... I don't know if I'd run right out and by one just for this... unless I also wanted a battery operated portable Weather Radio, multiband, (AM, FM, Weather) so I could also switch in AM, and have an Emergency Radio..
Why not spend a few minutes (hours???) reading this thread... from the 'early' RED days, but if it bothers RED it'll bother BLUE.. heh...  https://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=20439.0  then you can add what you discover, and what you did to mitigate it...

anything