Author Topic: WU - Let us know your issues  (Read 184183 times)

Offline Intheswamp

• Early on one frosty morn'...
  • Forecaster
  • Sure...I know enough to be dangerous, now.
    • Beeweather
Re: WU - Let us know your issues
« Reply #1150 on: January 01, 2019, 11:15:00 AM »
You are assuming there is logic ...

Priceless! :grin:

As for assumptions, I'm not believing that this thread has been looked at by WU folk for quite a while. I started reading this thread at the front end, and then went to the end of it - most recent anyways - and fail to see evidence of their involvement any longer on this board, or more precisely, in this thread.

In any event, the Goldstar Station icon is much like discontinued scrip, of little to no value it would seem, at least until the House of WU gets fixed.

Kind regards,

Kelly
What I can't believe is that this thread is all the way up to page 46!!!!!!!!!  #-o  But, having said that, I have not lost my Gold Star...my station is pristine...even though my average dewpoint is showing -35F and humidity is 1% even though it's been raining this morning.  Hmmm, I really do need to replace that new temp/humidity sensor installed (said the king of procrastinators).  :-P

Davis VP2, v3.12
Cumulus v1.9.4  Build 1079
Today's weather beats no weather at all!
www.beeweather.com
www.beausandbonnets.com

Offline Ken7

« Reply #1151 on: January 01, 2019, 01:22:16 PM »

What I can't believe is that this thread is all the way up to page 46!!!!!!!!!  #-o  But, having said that, I have not lost my Gold Star...my station is pristine...even though my average dewpoint is showing -35F and humidity is 1% even though it's been raining this morning.  Hmmm, I really do need to replace that new temp/humidity sensor installed (said the king of procrastinators).  :-P

And therein lies the problem. In my case, one day I have the star and the next day it’s gone. Good data, continuous reporting, no rhyme or reason.

Offline raul_sbd

• Raul Weather
« Reply #1152 on: January 02, 2019, 07:26:07 PM »
Hello everyone!!

2 issues I'm having with my combo Cumulus/Wunderground.

First one is with my camera on my weather station isale43. I am uploading via URL. The camera was active on my webcams on Wunderground page until I associated to my weather station Isale43, then uploaded 1 image and its been now 24h showing the same image and now on the console says waiting for approval... I have added a 2nd camera also url (same webcam) to see if that will start working again but also says waiting for approval.

raulsbdCAM1   Wharf Rd, Sale, CH, United Kingdom   Sale Uk Webcam   Awaiting approval   Edit   Delete
raulsbdCAM2   Central 5, Sale, CH, United Kingdom   Raul Weather   Awaiting approval   Edit   Delete

This is the webcam image url
http://raulsbd.co.uk/webcam/webcam.jpg

Another issue is with Wunderground on my iPad not displaying indoor temp/humidity. All the parameters show ok but not the indoor temp/hum. Looking on another forum found out that I had to tick the box on cumulus 1.9.4 build 1099 internet settings. I have done that but now still 1h after not displaying the indoor temp. It shows the temp as -18c and says no data available. Data shows fine on my website www.raulsbd.co.uk

Could anyone help on this one please?

Many thanks

Offline chief-david

• Educational Weather
  • Forecaster
  • Space Academy for Educators
    • Benilde-St. Margaret's Weather
« Reply #1153 on: January 04, 2019, 11:00:34 AM »
My webcam is off again too.

KMNMINNE28. Cannot be seen on the page or wunderground. They are supposed to pick it of the net for me.

https://rms-weather.rdale.org/webcam.jpg

You can't phase me-I teach Middle School.
It's not you-It's WU.

Offline kbellis

• Forecaster
« Reply #1154 on: January 04, 2019, 11:30:47 AM »
I'm not believing that this thread has been looked at by WU folk for quite a while.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Are there any other WU folk that had ever contributed to this thread?

Offline ConligWX

• Forecaster
  • #conligwx
    • conligwx.org
« Reply #1155 on: January 04, 2019, 03:04:48 PM »
This thread gets bigger and bigger yet does WU really fix anything without breaking something else?

I'm actually glad I left WU behind and removed my account.

I personally don't need the agro of a company that does give a dam about it's clients or customers.
Regards Simon
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus (6162UK) • Daytime FARS • WeatherLink Live • AirLink • PurpleAir PA-II-SD • CumulusMX •

Offline konz

• Senior Contributor
    • ArlingtonWX
« Reply #1156 on: January 05, 2019, 11:47:09 AM »
This thread gets bigger and bigger yet does WU really fix anything without breaking something else?

I'm actually glad I left WU behind and removed my account.

I personally don't need the agro of a company that does give a dam about it's clients or customers.

Like this?  I think we're misunderstanding that we're the client or customer when we're not.  We're 'users' and 'customers' pay for our data.
https://gizmodo.com/lawsuit-accuses-weather-channel-app-of-misleading-users-1831506990/amp
« Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 01:53:07 PM by konz »

Offline SWX

« Reply #1157 on: January 05, 2019, 06:09:54 PM »
Station still gone from the map (and nearby stations list) over a month later, yet it appears just fine on the Weather Channel’s map, and it still comes up as the default station for two towns on WU. It even earned (and lost lol) a gold star during this period. Station updates as normal (though iPad app says “not updating” but still updates), and summary data appears as normal most of the time.

I see others have had this issue in the past, but it seems to last a few weeks at most, not over a month lol. I don’t mind, but it makes comparing data with nearby stations a bit annoying.
Wunderground / PWS Weather
Ambient Weather WS-2902A
Ambient WeatherBridge
Ecowitt GW1000
Ecowitt WH31
Ecowitt WH41
Ecowitt WH51 x 2
Ecowitt WH57
Ecowitt WS68

Offline WSWeather

• Forecaster
« Reply #1158 on: January 05, 2019, 09:13:00 PM »

Like this?  I think we're misunderstanding that we're the client or customer when we're not.  We're 'users' and 'customers' pay for our data.
We're the product...  \:D/

Offline konz

• Senior Contributor
    • ArlingtonWX
« Reply #1159 on: January 05, 2019, 11:27:04 PM »

We're the product...  \:D/

Yes, makes even more sense when you put it that way.

Offline Mtnviper

« Reply #1160 on: January 06, 2019, 11:53:03 AM »
Why is there a discrepancy between rainfall amounts in the SUMMARY and the WEATHER HISTORY GRAPH for the same day.  On January 5th my SUMMARY shows .16 inches of rain.  In the WEATHER HISTORY GRAPH it shows .27 inches.  This just ruins my rainfall record. 

KCASANBE1
« Last Edit: January 06, 2019, 11:55:50 AM by Mtnviper »

Offline ConligWX

• Forecaster
  • #conligwx
    • conligwx.org
« Reply #1161 on: January 06, 2019, 02:04:33 PM »
Probably due to WU always breaking something.
I stopped report to them, saves the hassle of getting annoyed at IBM/WU

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Regards Simon
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus (6162UK) • Daytime FARS • WeatherLink Live • AirLink • PurpleAir PA-II-SD • CumulusMX •

Offline rormeister

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #1162 on: January 07, 2019, 10:51:54 AM »
Why is there a discrepancy between rainfall amounts in the SUMMARY and the WEATHER HISTORY GRAPH for the same day.  On January 5th my SUMMARY shows .16 inches of rain.  In the WEATHER HISTORY GRAPH it shows .27 inches.  This just ruins my rainfall record. 

KCASANBE1

Just peeked at my Summary. It's easy for me to spot the problem. I had a 60mph gust yesterday morning at 2:45am. Here's what the summary is telling me for the present conditions:

Offline Wxman16

« Reply #1163 on: January 07, 2019, 04:13:04 PM »
My Acurite 5-in-1 weather station is connected to Weather Underground via PC Connect. When I look at my WU app, it shows me the cumulative rainfall for the month, and not the daily rainfall. How can I change that setting so the daily rainfall appears on the WU app instead?

Offline Mtnviper

« Reply #1164 on: January 08, 2019, 10:18:12 AM »
My Acurite 5-in-1 weather station is connected to Weather Underground via PC Connect. When I look at my WU app, it shows me the cumulative rainfall for the month, and not the daily rainfall. How can I change that setting so the daily rainfall appears on the WU app instead?

If on a PC,  on your station home page, under the map that shows your station there is Weather History for (Your location and station ID) click out of monthly mode and switch it to Daily Mode.  Hope that helps.

Offline mmorris

• Forecaster
  • Hope your day is full of sunshine
    • Weather and Racin
« Reply #1165 on: January 10, 2019, 05:01:41 AM »
KOHBARBE8 is no longer on the WU Map?? Other People stations not showing up. I guess just special station get to be put on the map now.
>>Miles<<  By from Portage Lakes, OH.
Been using VWS since 1996 Ver# 14.01P43
Wireless Vantage Pro2Plus Serial Data Logger, Anemo Tran Kit
Win XP, Firefox, WXSIM, Cumulus, NexStorm, Yawcam, VVP, BadBlue Web server, Quake Catcher Net
Follow me on twitter
Vietnam era Veteran USAF bb loader
Quadruple Bypass survivor

Offline Ray Proudfoot

• Forecaster
    • Cheadle Hulme Weather
« Reply #1166 on: January 10, 2019, 02:02:00 PM »
There should be three stations showing on this WU map and none are showing including mine.

https://www.wunderground.com/wundermap?lat=53.36&lon=-2.187&wxstn=1&zoom=15&radar=0&sat=0&cam=0&severe=0&fronts=0&lightning=0&sst=0&sstanom=0&fire=0&rep=0&surge=0&tor=0&hur=0&models=0

But when I login to WU and go to my station the small WU map does show these stations. It's hard to understand why these problems are happening especially when the admins are coming on here and liaising with us. Please get the basics right!!

Offline Ray Proudfoot

• Forecaster
    • Cheadle Hulme Weather
« Reply #1167 on: January 11, 2019, 04:40:20 AM »
24 hours on and still my station isn't showing on WU map. I'm fulfilling my side of the deal. Why aren't WU fulfilling theirs? There wouldn't be a need for WU if we didn't provide our data free of charge.

Offline Ray Proudfoot

• Forecaster
    • Cheadle Hulme Weather
« Reply #1168 on: January 12, 2019, 04:57:19 AM »
@WUpm, for the third day running my station and many of those in my area is not appearing on the WUnderground Map. I've been providing data to you for nearly 10 years and it's never been as bad as this.

When I log in to my ISTOCKPO4 account I can see my station and others on the small scale map proving you're getting my data. So why doesn't my station show on the larger WU map?

Offline mcrossley

• Forecaster
    • Wilmslow Astro
« Reply #1169 on: January 12, 2019, 06:09:54 AM »
Even though my station ICHESHIR25 near yours is showing on the wundermap Ray, the station page is a bit wacky - the last updated time keeps jumping around every 20 seconds... eg 30 seconds ago, 3 minutes ago, 9 minutes ago, 3 minutes ago, 8 minutes ago etc and each time the wind direction and speed changes, but I only upload every 5 minutes!

Maybe its got something to do with Cheshire, GB being moved to Gambia in western Africa - my station location is Cheshire, GM on WU! Doesn't feel that warm though! Looks like all UK/GB stations are in GM.
Mark

Offline ConligWX

• Forecaster
  • #conligwx
    • conligwx.org
« Reply #1170 on: January 12, 2019, 08:00:25 AM »
Nearly a year on from the start of this thread and yet more issues arise.....

I really wonder how long before people realise the WU site is not fit for purpose in its current state (over a year)

Nothing has changed on users setups yet WU has decided one way or another that users data is not important enough to stabilise their platform in over a year.

Accepting any old data, since no diligence, or data consistency checks with neighbouring stations is done, yet, everyone gets a gold star no matter what data you send.

This makes a mockery of the data, since integrity has been compromised.

How on earth is one suppose to believe anything on their website? Or better still wait for the day it's all fixed ;)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 08:01:56 AM by ConligWX »
Regards Simon

Offline Ray Proudfoot

• Forecaster
    • Cheadle Hulme Weather
« Reply #1171 on: January 12, 2019, 08:40:15 AM »
Even though my station ICHESHIR25 near yours is showing on the wundermap Ray, the station page is a bit wacky - the last updated time keeps jumping around every 20 seconds... eg 30 seconds ago, 3 minutes ago, 9 minutes ago, 3 minutes ago, 8 minutes ago etc and each time the wind direction and speed changes, but I only upload every 5 minutes!

Maybe its got something to do with Cheshire, GB being moved to Gambia in western Africa - my station location is Cheshire, GM on WU! Doesn't feel that warm though! Looks like all UK/GB stations are in GM.

Mark, where are you looking for that info? Everything about your station looks fine to me. On WU map and lat/lon is okay too. I reckon you must be sending a bung to WU to get on the map!   :grin:

Offline Intheswamp

• Forecaster
    • Beeweather
« Reply #1172 on: January 12, 2019, 09:55:21 AM »

I read an article just the other day about the earth's magnetism increasingly shifting the north pole toward Siberia...so this makes completely good sense, WU is on top of this and putting you where you should be.  Just think how much warmer it is since you've moved down to the equator...just don't forget to wear lots of sunscreen!!!  WU is looking out for YU!!!!!!!!!!!

Davis VP2, v3.12
www.beeweather.com
www.beausandbonnets.com

Offline Intheswamp

• Forecaster
    • Beeweather
« Reply #1173 on: January 12, 2019, 10:09:09 AM »
Uh, but really.  Does anybody really think that WU/IBM gives a rodents dear-rear about our stations and cameras?  I think that they've given the website over to some nephews and nieces that are wannabe programmers/coders and from time-to-time they dabble in the code.  Maybe have some low-level coder with IBM look in just to be sure it's still showing a presence on the Internet...whether working or not.  Seriously, a $150,000,000,000+ company worrying about whether your weather-cam is showing up...  :roll:

I do wish they'd get their act together, but it'll only happen when someone with some big money, or someone impressionable to that big money, decides they want to get WU back up and running.  In regards to IBM's food pyramid, WU is the rubble laying on the ground around the pyramid's base.  Don't expect great things...or really, anything.

Just my take on it, FWIW.

Davis VP2, v3.12
www.beeweather.com
www.beausandbonnets.com

Offline mcrossley

• Forecaster
    • Wilmslow Astro
« Reply #1174 on: January 12, 2019, 11:04:15 AM »
Mark, where are you looking for that info? Everything about your station looks fine to me. On WU map and lat/lon is okay too. I reckon you must be sending a bung to WU to get on the map!   :grin:
Opening my page now the update times seem to be behaving. The location is on your WU widgets
Mark

anything