Author Topic: And new rapid fire type widgets??  (Read 833 times)

Offline Gruve5

• Gruver Weather Service
And new rapid fire type widgets??
« on: June 02, 2019, 05:27:53 PM »
I have been reading a lot about flash going away and am saddened because I have used the rapid fire widget on my front page with no problems.  I know others have created similar things for their page, but I only have basic knowledge when it comes to writing html.  Is there anyone that can offer a way to add rapid fire type info such as temperature, dewpoint, humidity, wind, etc that updates every 5 or 10 seconds in a smaller form such as 250px x 50.  I know rapid fire has been discussed as it has changed, so I'm just trying to figure out a way to include the info and thought others might enjoy the help as well.

www.montgomeryboroughema.org

Offline Bunty

• Forecaster
  • Stillwater, home of Oklahoma State University
    • Welcome to Stillwater Weather
Re: And new rapid fire type widgets??
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2019, 01:34:27 PM »
I don't know of any rapid fire Flash sticker like you describe to replace what WU had.  Since I'm not too bright about coding, I don't understand why it seems so difficult to replace Flash with HTML 5 video, unless a lot of people are just not familiar with how to do it, including the people at WU.

Also the 2nd home page using modified AltDashboard 6.95 at http://stillwaterweather.com/2ndhome.php

Offline Gruve5

• Gruver Weather Service
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2019, 04:19:07 PM »
Is yours a template? I see you have a similar option at the top of your page.

Offline 92merc

• BismarckWeather.net
  • Forecaster
  • BismarckWeather.net
    • BismarckWeather.net
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2019, 05:18:38 PM »
That's a part of the Saratoga Scripts.  But his "dashboard" was written specifically for Weather Display.  You won't have quite as many options with VWS.
https://www.BismarckWeather.net
Davis VP2, Cumulus, WeatherDisplay, Blitzortung, Saratoga Scripts, NOAA Stream via PI

anything