Author Topic: How-to video for VP2 24 HR FARS?  (Read 1206 times)

Offline WxLover16

• Forecaster
How-to video for VP2 24 HR FARS?
« on: August 30, 2016, 08:11:27 PM »
I'm quite surprised (and I have looked just about everywhere) that there is not a how-to video of disassembling/reassembling a VP2 24 HR FARS. There are a few for the passive shield but obviously it's a different design. I'm aware that there are instructions in the manual (which are fairly useful) but would also like a "hands on" video to show how it's done for the "none do it yourself" people. Anyone know of any kind of video like this online? Thanks!
Davis Wireless VP2 SHT31 24hr 24CFM FARS

Offline alexstaar

• Senior Contributor
Re: How-to video for VP2 24 HR FARS?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2016, 01:25:44 AM »
I haven't seen one, but the process is quite simple (for me at least). I just unscrew the 3 bottom screws that point upward and the whole thing drops down, exposing the fan. I do suppose that would be an easy video to make!
-Alex

Davis 6153 VP2 with 24-hour FARS/
Davis 6250 Vantage Vue
WU: KNJMOUNT68/KSCGREER81
CWOP: FW5135/EW6390
www.uah-mcthornmoracres-weather.com

Offline miraculon

• Sunrise Side Weather
  • Forecaster
  • KE8DAF
    • Sunrise Side Weather in Rogers City MI USA
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2016, 08:42:16 AM »
I am not aware of a video specifically for the DFARS, but there is one for replacing the temp/humidity sensor which should help somewhat. A video would be nice, since both times I upgraded to DFARS, I had to consult the instructions a 2nd time and reassemble the stack. One "gotcha" is that the molded strain relief on the sensor will not bend down like the instructions, it is way too stiff. I made a standoff that comes from the plate up to the level of the strain relief mount. They need to fix this...

Here is the video for the sensor replacement. There are two parts to the YouTube video.

Part1:
[youtube]https://youtu.be/AASegR1mKgI[/youtube]

Part2:[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYpqrgM3PtI[/youtube]

For some reason the "share" link doesn't seem to work for the 2nd video.

Greg H.

Blitzortung Stations #706 and #1682
CoCoRaHS: MI-PI-1
CWOP: CW4114 and KE8DAF-13
WU: KMIROGER7
Amateur Radio Callsign: KE8DAF

Offline WxLover16

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2016, 12:13:46 PM »
Yes I saw those videos. Helpful in a way, yet I'd expect a how-to for their most expensive model (6153/6163) with more screws to remove and whatnot. Alexstaar, my station has been out in the elements for just over 6 months now (North Georgia) so I'm thinking about disassembling the entire shield (not just the bottom stack) for a good thorough cleaning. Gonna keep it as nice and clean as I can. This is why I posed the question. If anyone is aware of a video for this, please do post it! Thanks!

Davis Wireless VP2 SHT31 24hr 24CFM FARS