Author Topic: The Intro Thread  (Read 117 times)

Offline Skating_On_Clouds

The Intro Thread
« on: June 09, 2015, 10:24:53 PM »
Hi! I'm SkatingOnClouds, a new member here on WXForum! Since I'm new, I wanted to start a thread to meet other members and allow newbies like me to introduce ourselves. Here are some questions to answer (my answers are included):

1. Favorites:

Color-turquoise, purple

Food-s'mores, cheeseburgers, perfectly in-season strawberries

Song or musical genre-no favorite song; however, I love classical music (I play two instruments) and am currently listening to a lot of Rachmaninoff.

Animal-whale sharks, manta rays (and my dog, but I mostly mean wild animals)

Cloud: cumulonimbus, lenticularis, morning glory/roll cloud
-------

Hobbies besides weather: figure skating is my main one, along with music, writing, blogging (I blog about skating), and eating food

How did you get into weather? I randomly picked up a book about weather at the library when I was about ten, and I was fascinated by it but kind of forgot about it. Then, in seventh grade, I did a research paper on tornadoes and was interested in learning more, and here I am now!

What do you most like about weather? While I am interested in tornadoes and thunderstorms, my main passion is definitely for clouds.

The never-ending debate: Wunderground, Accuweather, Weather.com, or your own forecasts? I'd love to be able to make my own forecasts, but I'm not quite experienced enough, so I like Wunderground. It's easy to use and has a lot of really cool features.

What weather event/phenomena is your favorite? Besides clouds, I'd probably have to say snow. It's not something I frequently get to experience, and, while "boring" in some people's eyes, it's really beautiful and the lack of snow in my life (I've literally seen it four times) has made it an exciting, enigmatic thing for me.

If you have anything else to add, feel free to add it!

Offline SlowModem

• Weather at the speed of dialup!
  • Forecaster
  • WX @ 26.4 kbs
    • Watts Bar Weather
Re: The Intro Thread
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2015, 09:28:48 PM »
Welcome and enjoy your stay.   :)
Greg Whitehead
Ten Mile, TN USA

anything