Author Topic: WiFiLogger - Connect your Davis console directly to the Internet via WiFi  (Read 109281 times)

Online WiFiLogger

• Forecaster
OK...
So I just got on to my Weatherlink software on my home PC and went to download the logger like I do about every couple of months so the logger doesn't get to full. As usual a dialog box appears...says downloading 150 pages (or whatever), BUT there is no data. If I make a plot the page loads to the year 2089 or 2150 or something and after scrolling back to 2018, all plots stop at 7:15 pm July 18th... the time and day I removed weatherlinkIP and plugged in Wifilogger.
Any Idea what I might have done wrong here? Am I supposed to even be getting logged archive data via wetherlink like before? i thought I would.

Bobvelle you had this problem, because it is possible that you have unit which was not clear before shipping. I am sorry because of that.
I will need to add this point to quick manual, to clear arch memory before use. WeatherLink is asking for clearing arch. memory very often.

Offline Bobvelle

• Contributor
    • Fairfield Weather Station

Bobvelle you had this problem, because it is possible that you have unit which was not clear before shipping. I am sorry because of that.
I will need to add this point to quick manual, to clear arch memory before use. WeatherLink is asking for clearing arch. memory very often.

That makes since.
However, during initial setup of WiFilogger (before I updated to 1.18, I think) I remember going to "Set Archive Interval" and checking the block "new archive interval will automatically erase whole memory. Do it?"
Is this not the same as clearing the memory via Weatherlink?

Leave it to me to find all the glitches  :-P  This thing will be Bulletproof before long though.

Online WiFiLogger

• Forecaster
However, during initial setup of WiFilogger (before I updated to 1.18, I think) I remember going to "Set Archive Interval" and checking the block "new archive interval will automatically erase whole memory. Do it?"
Is this not the same as clearing the memory via Weatherlink?
If you don't change interval then this command will be not executed. You have to change interval value before, then it will be done.

Check commands:
SETUP|Weather Station Setup
go to the bottom and find COMMAND SEND section.
11th command on list is CLRLOG, that will erase archiver memory.

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
If you don't change interval then this command will be not executed. You have to change interval value before, then it will be done.

This is no different from the regular USB or IP logger IIRC. To clear the archive memory, you need to change archive interval away from the current setting and then, if necessary, repeat the same operation a second time but changing the interval back to its original value.
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline Bobvelle

• Contributor

Check commands:
SETUP|Weather Station Setup
go to the bottom and find COMMAND SEND section.
11th command on list is CLRLOG, that will erase archiver memory.

Of course  #-o   I guess I didn't change the interval because I set it to 15 min and it was always 15 with the old logger.

Thanks

Offline Bobvelle

• Contributor
Okay... another issue. (rack'n 'em up now   :-)).
I tried to use Wi-Fi logger to calibrate my barometer. Now my barometer is stuck at a certain pressure and will not change. I have another console and it's showing pressure in my area changing rapidly but the console with WiFiLogger is stuck. I tried clearing the calibration through WiFiLogger by entering '0' but this appeared to make no difference. It keeps returning -29.873 hg in the offset dialog box.  I then tried setting the current pressure through the console itself but it still stays at whatever pressure I set without changing.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 01:19:21 PM by Bobvelle »

Offline Middle of Nowhere Guy

Well I took the plunge and ordered one from Scaled Instruments last night.  I had been thinking of buying Weatherlink IP since I only have laptops and don’t have one on 24/7. Hoping this fits the bill!

Offline WheatonRon

• Forecaster
    • WUnderground
Well I took the plunge and ordered one from Scaled Instruments last night.  I had been thinking of buying Weatherlink IP since I only have laptops and don’t have one on 24/7. Hoping this fits the bill!

You will like it very much. It works as advertised. Be sure upon receipt to update the firmware to the latest version..1.19 as of now.
Davis VP2 with SHT31 (3 complete VP2 systems—2 with a daytime fan and 1 that has a 24 hour fan); CWOP--CW5020, FW3075 and FW4350; WU--KILWHEAT17, KILWHEAT36 and KILWHEAT39; WeatherCloud.net; CoCoRaHS--IL-DP-132; and Weatherlink 2.0

Offline Bobvelle

• Contributor
Okay... another issue. (rack'n 'em up now   :-)).
I tried to use Wi-Fi logger to calibrate my barometer. Now my barometer is stuck at a certain pressure and will not change. I have another console and it's showing pressure in my area changing rapidly but the console with WiFiLogger is stuck. I tried clearing the calibration through WiFiLogger by entering '0' but this appeared to make no difference. It keeps returning -29.873 hg in the offset dialog box.  I then tried setting the current pressure through the console itself but it still stays at whatever pressure I set without changing.

FOLLOW-UP: (for those who are interested)
After discussion with the Woj-Tech. The cause of this issue is still unknown.   :?:
But fortunately the fix was simple.
Power down Console,
remove Logger,
Power up to see barometer come up, (Actually took a while because it was all dashes --.--, which happened when I cleared all Calibrations through Weatherlink and it could not be edited, even through the console  :shock:)
Power down again,
Install logger.
All is good now.
Baro is moving again and keep perfect accuracy.

Offline Bobvelle

• Contributor

If you have a Wireless Router with internet access and a Davis Console you'll be up and reporting in no time. No computers necessary. (except to set up, of course) I think you will be Happy. Plus, the developer is making upgrades and improvements almost daily. So far I am very happy with this logger and I like it better than WeatherlinkIP that I was using. Please don't be concerned by the issues I've posted. My situation is unique in that my system, without going into detail, is a "Frankenstein" station. So I have issues that most users won't encounter.
Good Luck

If you have a Wireless Router with internet access and a Davis Console you'll be up and reporting in no time. No computers necessary. (except to set up, of course) I think you will be Happy. Plus, the developer is making upgrades and improvements almost daily. So far I am very happy with this logger and I like it better than WeatherlinkIP that I was using. Please don't be concerned by the issues I've posted. My situation is unique in that my system, without going into detail, is a "Frankenstein" station. So I have issues that most users won't encounter.
Good Luck

Have a Vue and wireless tri band router.  Got the Vue this spring and was just waiting on making sure I had it in a good location and everything working right before putting it online. It’s my first PWS and I didn’t want to jump all in before I was sure it would be in working order.  Then I wasn’t really thrilled with having to run 25 feet of cable from my console to the router or spending extra on a weatherbridge and logger.  I could have just moved my console next to the router, but I like just glancing over at it while I’m sitting in my chair watching tv lol.  This looks to be perfect for me.

Offline Bobvelle

• Contributor

Then I wasn’t really thrilled with having to run 25 feet of cable from my console to the router or spending extra on a weatherbridge and logger.  I could have just moved my console next to the router, but I like just glancing over at it while I’m sitting in my chair watching tv lol.  This looks to be perfect for me.
If this thing would have been around 9 years ago, I'd of done the same as your doing  :grin:
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 09:39:01 AM by Bobvelle »

Well that wasn't too hard of a setup at all!  Up and sending to WU already.  \:D/

Offline Bobvelle

• Contributor
Well that wasn't too hard of a setup at all!  Up and sending to WU already.  \:D/

Its pretty simple. You can download some WU apps on your smartphone now too. And sign up for a CWOP station #.
 I tried WiFiLogger's Rapid fire mode to WU, but it seemed like it was dropping packets once in a while but it might of been on their end. Either way, at 1 minute intervals, its been rock solid for over a week now.
Enjoy.

Offline ANPweather

• Contributor
    • Anthem North Parkside, AZ
Haven't had my WifiLogger for long but only recently enabled it to upload to WU and PWS (rather than having Weather Display software). It seems that WU rapidfire stops receiving packets after a period of time. Other data continues to be received / displayed by WU, just rapidfire stops working. I just changed back to WD uploading to see if the problem follows. Anyone else notice a problem with rapidfire?

Davis Vantage Vue, Davis Pro 2 Console with Wifi Logger
Weather Display software
WU: KAZNEWRI17
PWS: ANTHEMNP
CWOP: EW7526

Offline optical_man

• WeatherUnderground
If you are experiencing problems, please mention the logger firmware version.  I don't have any upload issues to WU rapid fire using version 1.19.  My interval is set to every 3 seconds.  I also needed to enable both WU options in v1.19.  Whereas ealier versions the main WU option should be disabled when rapid fire is enabled.

Offline ANPweather

• Contributor
I'm on 1.19. Rapidfire was uploading every 10 seconds with both WU options enabled the last time I tried it. The first time it was every 5 seconds. As of now, WU uploads from WD are working fine. Will change back to Wifilogger now and see what happens.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 04:44:58 PM by azjerry »

Weather Display software

Offline CNYWeather

• Forecaster
    • CNYWeather
So is anyone feeding the live data on a personal website with the WiFiLogger?

This looks amazing.
Tony

Online WiFiLogger

• Forecaster
I have just checked RapidFire.
When first page is open "Real Time Data" and RapidFire is working. Console is asked for data too fast.
When that happened. Loop data is not renew.
I will adjust timings with next firmware.

Online WiFiLogger

• Forecaster
So is anyone feeding the live data on a personal website with the WiFiLogger?

This looks amazing.

At this moment only archive data can be upload for personal FTP server.
I will make two things that allow you to send data to your server.
1. MQTT - transmission like RapidFire. JSON file will be transfered with MQTT to broker. Your website can be subscibber of this broker.
2. Same JSON file uploaded to your server with FTP. This method is ok with minimal interval 1min.

I am also thinking about providing PHP driver, which will allow you to establish similar web service like WL.COM.
You will need to intall PHP script on server + configure MySql data base. Then WiFiLogger will start to feed this MySql database through PHP script.
Transmission like WL.COM. Current data minimum interval 1 min. Arch. records when new appears.

Offline ANPweather

• Contributor
Should I increase the rapidfire timing until you get a fix in?

Weather Display software

Online WiFiLogger

• Forecaster
I have notice such problem. Real Time Data page and RapidFire wants to have access to the console in almost same time. Console has latency. After all the console don't send proper data.
Only cure for a while is not to use Real Time Data page.
For example you can have opened it in background in your smartphone.

Or maybe you have other issue, not this particular one.

Offline redlynr

got my station hooked up with WifiLogger last evening pushing updates to WU and PWS every minute.  But now 15 hours later, it stopped. I’m at work, but using my Linksys app, I can tell that my home has internet, but WifiLogger is offline 🙁.

Has this happened to anyone else?

version 1.19 firmware
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 11:44:58 AM by redlynr »

Offline WheatonRon

• Forecaster
    • WUnderground
got my station hooked up with WifiLogger last evening pushing updates to WU and PWS every minute.  But now 15 hours later, it stopped. I’m at work, but using my Linksys app, I can tell that my home has internet, but WifiLogger is offline 🙁.

Has this happened to anyone else?

6+ weeks of usage, never.
Davis VP2 with SHT31 (3 complete VP2 systems—2 with a daytime fan and 1 that has a 24 hour fan); CWOP--CW5020, FW3075 and FW4350; WU--KILWHEAT17, KILWHEAT36 and KILWHEAT39; WeatherCloud.net; CoCoRaHS--IL-DP-132; and Weatherlink 2.0

Online WiFiLogger

• Forecaster
Yes some users had similar problem.
It was range issue. Please check signal strength maybe you will need switch WIFI MODE to G.

Please also update firmware to 1.19 if you didn't make it already.
Firmware and instruction is on the first post here.

anything