Author Topic: Composite GOES E & W US Color 4 Hour HAniS Loop  (Read 666 times)

Offline gwwilk

• Southeast Lincoln Weather
  • Forecaster
    • SouthEast Lincoln, NE Weather
Composite GOES E & W US Color 4 Hour HAniS Loop
« on: November 02, 2015, 09:39:12 AM »
Thanks to Danny at ElDorado Weather who alerted me to the SSEC composite GOES products, I have written a couple of new HAniS GOES scripts.  This one displays an every 30 minute 4 hour loop of real-time color composite E & W GOES images of the continental US.  The maps are updated by SSEC at 25 and 55 min. after the hour.  There is a setting in the main script, '$autoUpdate', to turn on or off via 'true' or 'false' the scripts ability to display a countdown-countup timer and automatically refresh the loop at 26 and 56 min. after the hour. The countdown-countup timer is written in javascript so it runs client side without placing an added burden on your server.

The main script is available here via 'Right-clicking', selecting 'Save as...', and saving without '.txt'.  The iframe script is similarly downloadable here.  (Save instructions for common browsers.)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 06:31:37 PM by gwwilk »
Regards, Jerry Wilkins
gwwilk@gmail.com

Offline chrisgrainger

• Contributor
    • Top of The Rideau
Re: Composite GOES E & W US Color 4 Hour HAniS Loop
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2015, 11:17:01 AM »
Hi Jerry,

I must be missing something.  A setting?  A script?  I downloaded both the iframe and the wxseccomposite scripts.  Saved both without the .txt extensions.  All I get is the countdown timer along with titles.  Poured over the scripts to see if I missed a setting and I know this is gonna be a slap the forehead moment, but... I can't see the fix.

Chris

Offline gwwilk

• Southeast Lincoln Weather
  • Forecaster
    • SouthEast Lincoln, NE Weather
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2015, 11:24:06 AM »
Hi Jerry,

I must be missing something.  A setting?  A script?  I downloaded both the iframe and the wxseccomposite scripts.  Saved both without the .txt extensions.  All I get is the countdown timer along with titles.  Poured over the scripts to see if I missed a setting and I know this is gonna be a slap the forehead moment, but... I can't see the fix.

Chris
Sorry about that, too, Chris.  The necessary javascript files are in this attachment.  The /HAniS directory goes in your server's root.
Regards, Jerry Wilkins
gwwilk@gmail.com

Offline chrisgrainger

• Contributor
    • Top of The Rideau
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2015, 01:22:06 PM »
Slap on the forehead moment for sure.  Thanks very much.  Working now.

Chris

anything