Author Topic: Meteotemplate cron job for Cumulus realtime.txt  (Read 1795 times)

Offline stefanbagnato

• Contributor
Meteotemplate cron job for Cumulus realtime.txt
« on: June 29, 2016, 03:07:54 PM »
Hi All,

I am working on a getting the cron job for the data update from CumulusMX to Meteotemplate working.  Currently, the realtime.txt file is in C:\CumulusMX.  So, in the cumulus.php file in meteotemplate's update folder, I list the relative path as C:\CumulusMX\realtime.txt.  When I run the script/cron job, it throws an error:

Latest DB record timestamp detected: 1969-12-31 19:00:00
Latest cached timestamp detected: 1969-12-31 19:00:00
Smallest interval between uploads to database set to: 60 seconds.
Difference between latest db timestamp and cached timestamp: 0 seconds.
The difference between last db update and current data is not yet larger than the set interval. Current data is saved into temporary cache.

I went into myPHPAdmin and created a fake line of data.  When I reran the script, I get:

Latest DB record timestamp detected: 2016-06-28 20:40:00
Latest cached timestamp detected: 1969-12-31 19:00:00
Smallest interval between uploads to database set to: 300 seconds.
Difference between latest db timestamp and cached timestamp: -1467160800 seconds.
The difference between last db update and current data is not yet larger than the set interval. Current data is saved into temporary cache.

So, it knows there is something in the database, but still can't write anything anywhere including to the cache.  Next, I copied the latest realtime.txt into \wwwroot\update and set the path in cumulus.php to "realtime.txt".  I reran the script again, and it worked.

So, my question is, barring a permissions issue (my account has full access to C:\CumulusMX so I wouldn't think it would be..), what else might be the problem with my setup?

FYI, my station is a VP2, and I am using Server 2012 R2 with IIS on my personal server.