Author Topic: Cumulus vs the Oregon Pacific software  (Read 2428 times)

Offline ozoneeater

Cumulus vs the Oregon Pacific software
« on: January 04, 2014, 01:48:59 PM »
I got an OS WMR200A under the tree. Took me only a a day or two to configure where to put the sensors in three different areas of the yard. Using PVC pipe to make a telescopic pole for the wind gauge. Everything works on the display screen. Now it was time to load the software. Loaded the OS software and got a continual Runtime error. Grrrrrrrr! Wrote OS without a response for 4 days. Since that time I used the Cumulus. Took a little bit to configure. It syncs up perfect on the PC and display panel. Just now I get a response from OS to run as admin. Now I compare the two. I noticed that OS will not let you put the exact Longitude and Latitude of my exact location. Just the city.  Cumulus on the other hand does. The read out on the PC with Cumulus gives you better and all data. I will uninstall the OS and continue with Cumulus. Great software. I am a newbie by the way. Anything I am missing from the two?

Offline SlowModem

• Weather at the speed of dialup!
  • Forecaster
  • WX @ 26.4 kbs
    • Watts Bar Weather
Re: Cumulus vs the Oregon Pacific software
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2014, 02:07:19 PM »
I am a newbie by the way. Anything I am missing from the two?

Sounds to me like you've got it going your way.  Be sure and check all the places you can send your data to (Weather Underground, PWS Weather, CWOP, etc.).

You might also want to check out CoCoRaHS (not a software destination, but interesting, nonetheless).
Greg Whitehead
Ten Mile, TN USA

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2014, 02:26:20 PM »
Anything I am missing from the two?
You may already know that you can't run the original software at the same time as third party like Cumulus.  I am not familiar with the original software but you will like Cumulus and it does most if not all what you want; very stable but excellent support www.sandatsoft.com/forum if needed, and ongoing development.

Paul

Offline ozoneeater

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2014, 03:46:58 PM »
Anything I am missing from the two?
You may already know that you can't run the original software at the same time as third party like Cumulus.  I am not familiar with the original software but you will like Cumulus and it does most if not all what you want; very stable but excellent support www.sandatsoft.com/forum if needed, and ongoing development.

Paul

Right. I have noticed that right away. But the data that Cumulus provides is more complete.

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2014, 05:19:46 PM »
Is there a question here?  Cumulus is far and away better.
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!