Author Topic: Dear WeatherUnderground Diary - Today I Am (____)  (Read 545 times)

Offline rormeister

• Senior Contributor
Dear WeatherUnderground Diary - Today I Am (____)
« on: May 18, 2019, 12:37:04 PM »
 :sad: Sad. For months following the WU website issues, I have tried to get my webcam to display again on my WU page using the URL 'pull' method. For giggles, I tried to add a second camera (same details as the original) which resulted in:

Congratulations! Your webcam information has been saved.
Your images should be uploading right away.

Surprisingly that actually resulted in seeing a spinning "loading" icon in the Associated Webcam widget as well as an option to view Cam1 or Cam2. Alas, still no weather picture. So, I deleted the original device which resulted in:

Success
Feel free to connect any weather device you may have with us in future.

But now I'm back to square one, and a very blank Associated Webcam widget.  :sad:

Offline waiukuweather

• Forecaster
Re: Dear WeatherUnderground Diary - Today I Am (____)
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2019, 02:27:52 PM »
it might take a while to show up
how long did you wait?
it worked for me when I tried adding new

Offline rormeister

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2019, 09:01:53 PM »
 :? Perplexed  :?
Visiting my page today from my iPad I apparently am officially logged off, and I am supposedly required to reset my password. (The sign in caveat states: "Apologies for the inconvenience.")

Well, try as I might, I get a perpetual color wheel spinning to infinity when I submit my freshly minted PWD. No chance of logging in on the iPad.  BUT THE GOOD NEWS IS, I can still manage my page and profile from my Win10 Chrome browser.

Getting closer to abandoning WU. My questions in this forum go unanswered, or if I get a response from WU_Todd, I hear nothing.  WU is an embarrassment IMHO. Even heard from one of my regulars that the data is all screwed up.  To that, I pointed him to my personal website. I really don't believe WU (read IBM) needs my pitiful data, especially considering they yanked my coveted 'gold star' today.

Offline waiukuweather

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2019, 09:28:25 PM »
you might need to clear your browser cookies?

Offline rormeister

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2019, 09:43:12 PM »
you might need to clear your browser cookies?

LOL, yeah, I’ve barfed up so many cookies and cleared so many caches I’m blue in the face. The challenge is, it’s not consistent across devices and browsers.

In my original post, I described not being able to get WU to pull my images. I’m pretty close to pulling the plug. I’ve got my device information in great detail (thank you Ambient) and my own personal weather web page. But I’m trying to do my part to provide locals with more precise weather data, and for that IBM makes it impossible.

anything