Author Topic: Access Firmware Update  (Read 8346 times)

Offline HH2

Access Firmware Update
« on: February 20, 2019, 08:02:37 AM »
I noticed this morning on the splash page that Access firmware is now 050.  Anybody know anything about the changes??
« Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 09:59:16 AM by HH2 »

Offline tdess99

• Springwood Estates, Belle Chasse, LA
Re: Access Firmware
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2019, 08:05:18 AM »
I just noticed that the UV is now showing on my Weather Underground with my Atlas. This is great and I guess part of the Firmware update.
Any other changes, please let us know.

Offline PSL

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2019, 08:47:07 AM »
As of this morning, my Access firmware is also 050 and my Atlas UV readings are showing up on WU as well.

Offline Mirwin275

• Senior Contributor
  • AcuRite Atlas (wind ext. & lightning detector)
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2019, 09:16:50 AM »
Same. Now waiting on light intensity to be reported also to WU, hopefully soon.

Offline daman

• Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2019, 09:30:03 AM »
Same here 050,,what was it before 045?
KMIBADAX38
AcuRite Iris/AcuRite Access

Offline daman

• Forecaster
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2019, 09:32:00 AM »
Same here 050,,what was it before 045?

047 if I am correct.
Correct yes that was it.
KMIBADAX38

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2019, 09:53:13 AM »
Mine is also now 050. How can you tell that UV is sending? It's raining here today, so mine is on "1"..

Offline Mirwin275

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2019, 10:03:24 AM »
Mine is also now 050. How can you tell that UV is sending? It's raining here today, so mine is on "1"..
Here is what you should see. This is mine and it is cloudy out and about to snow. The graph at the bottom. [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Offline abusuzuki

Re: Access Firmware Update
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2019, 10:20:27 AM »
Where do you guys can find the Access firmware number?, I couldn't find it anywhere in myacurite page, thanks.

Offline HH2

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2019, 10:33:51 AM »
Where do you guys can find the Access firmware number?, I couldn't find it anywhere in myacurite page, thanks.

Access IP address

Offline daman

• Forecaster
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2019, 11:23:07 AM »
You need to open your IP slash page for the Access. its listed there.
KMIBADAX38

Offline Victoria

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2019, 02:04:00 PM »
Hello everyone, here's the updates we made on this release:

Access Firmware Version 50:
-UV Index will now also transmit to Weather Underground when sharing the AcuRite Atlas.
-Fixed an issue for some users where Access would remain offline after the end of a power outage.
-General stability improvements.

Offline Mirwin275

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2019, 02:34:52 PM »
Hello everyone, here's the updates we made on this release:

Access Firmware Version 50:
-UV Index will now also transmit to Weather Underground when sharing the AcuRite Atlas.
-Fixed an issue for some users where Access would remain offline after the end of a power outage.
-General stability improvements.

Nice to hear Victoria. Any update on where light intensity stands with reporting to WU from the Atlas?

Offline Bart

• Contributor
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2019, 02:36:20 PM »
@Victoria

Does this update finally address the false rain readings that some of us have been having since last March 2018 since switching over to Access from SmartHub? I've have been strung along ever since then being told that it will be fixed in the following firmware update.

Offline Victoria

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2019, 05:33:59 PM »
Hi Mirwin. That is a slightly tricky subject. Weather Underground doesn't accept Light Intensity, it accepts Solar Radiation, so we would not be able to share Light Intensity. This then begs the question, how reliably could you convert Light Intensity into Solar Radiation? In theory, this can be done (and is done by some). There are some generally accepted conversions for this, but they aren't perfect. However, should we share a value that is not directly measured, but instead is an estimated derivative pulled from another kind of sensor? Kari (our meteorologist) is doing some additional investigation into the subject, but I thought it might be helpful to explain our current thinking.

@Bart, I sincerely apologize for the frustration you've experienced on this issue. Obviously I would have loved to resolve that in this update, but we have not yet been able to identify a root cause. The issue itself does not occur to most people, and we have not been able to trigger a condition to replicate it. We are still investigating the issue, but we felt it was important to push live these other key updates that were already ready to go.

Offline Bart

• Contributor
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2019, 05:45:38 PM »
@Victoria

Well, isn't that just great.

Since it seems to be a "handful" of people, and not a widespread issue, isn't it possible that a few devices themselves are defective, in which a replacement would be in order? If this hasn't yet been solved in almost a year, are we just supposed to "live with it" and "hope" that a solution can be found at some time? And if a solution ISN'T found, oh well that's too bad?

Offline Mirwin275

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2019, 05:55:39 PM »
Hi Mirwin. That is a slightly tricky subject. Weather Underground doesn't accept Light Intensity, it accepts Solar Radiation, so we would not be able to share Light Intensity. This then begs the question, how reliably could you convert Light Intensity into Solar Radiation? In theory, this can be done (and is done by some). There are some generally accepted conversions for this, but they aren't perfect. However, should we share a value that is not directly measured, but instead is an estimated derivative pulled from another kind of sensor? Kari (our meteorologist) is doing some additional investigation into the subject, but I thought it might be helpful to explain our current thinking.

@Bart, I sincerely apologize for the frustration you've experienced on this issue. Obviously I would have loved to resolve that in this update, but we have not yet been able to identify a root cause. The issue itself does not occur to most people, and we have not been able to trigger a condition to replicate it. We are still investigating the issue, but we felt it was important to push live these other key updates that were already ready to go.

Thank you for this explanation Victoria. I wasn't sure if that was part of the plan or not, since solar radiation is different than light intensity. I will say I am happy to see you guys were able to implement the UV on WU.

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2019, 06:09:09 PM »
Victoria,

Can you tell us what we should do in regards to the smarthub? Disconnect it before the last day, or just leave it hooked up? Will it be bricked? I am having to use it to get data to several sites.

Thanks.

Offline Victoria

« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2019, 12:33:14 PM »
@Victoria

Well, isn't that just great.

Since it seems to be a "handful" of people, and not a widespread issue, isn't it possible that a few devices themselves are defective, in which a replacement would be in order? If this hasn't yet been solved in almost a year, are we just supposed to "live with it" and "hope" that a solution can be found at some time? And if a solution ISN'T found, oh well that's too bad?

I don't blame you at all for being frustrated, and I'm sorry we've put you in that position. We do take this issue seriously, but have found that trying replacements did not resolve the it. I won't go into the full process of everything we've done throughout our investigation, but I can assure you we're working on it. If you want to discuss this further, please don't hesitate to send me a PM. I can't pull a root cause out of the ether, but I can better understand your particular situation and the severity of it.

Victoria,

Can you tell us what we should do in regards to the smarthub? Disconnect it before the last day, or just leave it hooked up? Will it be bricked? I am having to use it to get data to several sites.

Thanks.

The smartHUB will more or less stop working all together once it can no longer connect to My AcuRite. There's no harm in using it until it stops, so that's up to you.

Offline worachj

• Forecaster
  • Twin Cities, Minnesota
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2019, 01:05:06 PM »
Victoria,
Any thoughts on increasing the number of sensors that the Access can handle from 7 to 10 ... like the SmartHub?

AcuRite Atlas
KMNSAINT173

Offline daman

• Forecaster
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2019, 04:00:43 PM »
Victoria,
Any thoughts on increasing the number of sensors that the Access can handle from 7 to 10 ... like the SmartHub?
YES please!!
KMIBADAX38

Offline radioman61

« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2019, 02:45:11 PM »
I have two stations nearby, both using Ambient 2902 hardware and they report the same UV as my Atlas.

Offline DavePushee

« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2019, 10:17:43 PM »
I have a 5-in-1 station connected to WU via an Access.  That 5-in-1 has also been connected to a couple of acurite displays.  I noticed today that both of those displays were no longer getting data from the 5-in-1, but the Access was continuing to feed WU.  For some reason, the 5-in-1 had started broadcasting as a different type (C instead of A).  I managed to set up the displays to start communicating again.  The Access is now reporting firmware 50.  I wonder if the firmware change told the 5-in-1 to switch to type C?

Offline Jim_S

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2019, 10:54:45 PM »
I have a 5-in-1 station connected to WU via an Access.  That 5-in-1 has also been connected to a couple of acurite displays.  I noticed today that both of those displays were no longer getting data from the 5-in-1, but the Access was continuing to feed WU.  For some reason, the 5-in-1 had started broadcasting as a different type (C instead of A).  I managed to set up the displays to start communicating again.  The Access is now reporting firmware 50.  I wonder if the firmware change told the 5-in-1 to switch to type C?
I have a 5 in 1 with two displays also but so far everything is working normally.

I'm sure this is a stupid question, and I should know the answer, but where do I see the current Access firmware number? I can't find it on MyAcurite anywhere.

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2019, 12:36:52 AM »

The Access doesn't care about the A/B/C settings.   That's only for the displays.

There is no way to push a firmware update to the sensors, nor can the Access change a sensor's channel.

Usually if a sensor changes channel unexpectedly, it's because there is some corrosion or other crud on the physical A/B/C switch.  So I'd suspect that might be happening on your 5n1's switch.  You might try moving the switch back and forth quickly.... sometimes that clears the crud.

The Access won't care about the quirky switch as it ignores the channel settings.  It will only be the displays that are affected.

anything