Author Topic: Peet Brothers, the 2100 station, and the company  (Read 1057 times)

Offline DaleReid

• Forecaster
    • Weather at Eau Claire, WI
Peet Brothers, the 2100 station, and the company
« on: February 07, 2019, 01:49:51 PM »
I am a VERY happy user of the Peet Brothers 2100 station, and it has proven ultra reliable, aside from that nasty little gust from a passing storm with the anemometer cups one year early on.

I have found it to be very reliable, and other than the cups and a strike which melted the box inside (along with phones, tv, stereo, etc) cannot complain.

My point for discussion or comment is that, like other ultra reliable stuff, not only has it tracked humidity and temperature with a wide variety of other electronic sensors, but also some good old mercury thermometers and other wind measuring stuff, and has been very close to agreeing with all the others I have scattered around here.  And with it not breaking, I have had minimal need to interact with the company to send any replacements or help with any problems. 

So with that, I think in the dusty recesses of my memory I heard that the company had been sold to new owners.  I don't know this for sure, but that verification is one thing I'm wondering about.

Secondly, without fail the sales, tech and whomever mans the phone down there has been exceptionally pleasant and helpful.

I hope if there is new ownership that they realize how important this is to users.

The wider variety of stations that are reliable and accurate, the better, as far as I am concerned.

I'm very pleased with the reliability, the accuracy as to compared to others, and just hope they will see enough business to keep them a player in the market. 

Dale
ECWx.info
&
ECWx.info/t/index.php

Offline Stormtracker

• Contributor
Re: Peet Brothers, the 2100 station, and the company
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2019, 12:05:37 PM »
I have considered this option (Peet Bros.) in the past when purchasing equipment, but have always shied away because of the tiny console display.  If they would incorporate a larger display with more windows to show all the readings, I might well reconsider.  I do not want to spend the extra money to go the weather picture route either.

Offline AWL

• Forecaster
    • Ardmore Weather Live
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2019, 01:02:45 PM »
Just ordered and received the 2100 from Waters & Stanton the Peet Bros supplier in England. Got it shipped to the States for $285 total while the price here in the States is $399. Now I will have to add some things but a good deal for the base unit I thought.

Doug

Offline Stormtracker

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2019, 04:54:30 PM »
Would you update this post as your new station comes along?   I am very interested in it as well.