Author Topic: MB data > MySQL on shared server. Help pls, I must be doing something stupid...  (Read 597 times)

Offline AA1ZA

• “I am the way and the truth and the life" ~ Jesus
I am hosting with GoDaddy and have set up a MySQL database on it with the help of Steve Jenkins' blog post (https://www.stevejenkins.com/blog/2015/02/storing-weather-station-data-mysql-meteobridge/).   However, I could not get MB to send the data there. 

Eventually I discovered a thread here that proposes to use an HTTP push method instead (refer to http://www.wxforum.net/index.php?PHPSESSID=3e4218c1fa315362e0fadf1ea9096a47&topic=27418.0).   But even then so, it still gives me an "Access denied" message.

Admittedly, most of what I'm doing here (setting up a MySQL database, flushing a MB router, setting up a web site and FTP'ing files to it, etc.) is uncharted territory for me.   (Heck, me fiddling with anything IP related is outright dangerous!  :roll:   :lol:)

That being said, my MB router is up and running and getting data from my PWS and pushing data via HTTP to other services (PWS Weather (station, "AA1ZA") and the Home Weather Station template hosted on my web site (see pws.aa1za.com, however external sensors are not active yet due to a transmitter problem that I have at the moment)).   MySQL shows the table and fields there, so I think I've managed to get that part right too.

Anyway, I think I must be getting something very obvious wrong and would appreciate some pointers please.   For instance, in the discussion between SimonB and Jachym, the script provided by Jachym requires one to fill in one's own DB name, host, pass and login.    Do I have it correct that DB name would be "meteobridge" if I had followed Steve Jenkins' implementation exactly?   Is host "localhost" as per the attached screenshot and are the login and pass those that I would need to log into MySQL and that I would need to modify it with (eg. to create additional tables, fields, etc. in MySQL with)?

Is there maybe any implied formatting or prefixes / postfixes to be added to any of the 4 variables (i.e. DB name, host, pass and login) that wasn't explicitly mentioned in the discussion between SimonB and Jachym?

I have also attached a partial screenshot of the PHP script file that is on my web server, if that would help.

Thank you in advance.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
• Davis VP2 > Envoy+USB logger > Meteobridge;