Author Topic: Can't get a response from SoftWx re: VVP Registration  (Read 3447 times)

Offline isingbass

• The Meadows @ Plano
Can't get a response from SoftWx re: VVP Registration
« on: June 21, 2016, 04:40:19 PM »
I have tried on more than one occasion to get the owner of SoftWx to respond back to me.  I own a registered copy of VVP but due to a computer crash, I lost my registration info and now cannot reinstall it on a new PC.  All I want is to re-acquire my registration and its been months of inquiries.  Anyone have any idea how I might be able to resolve this?

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
Re: Can't get a response from SoftWx re: VVP Registration
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2016, 05:15:00 PM »
IIRC the author is MIA - family health issues.  No idea if he/it will ever return unfortunately.  But registration info is at http://softwx.com/purchase.html  Get the keys there.
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

Offline wunderbugwx

• Sasquatch Station 626
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2016, 07:50:46 PM »
I have the same problem, changing weather computers but lost registration email. I went to the website and am using the info there but software says trial version and is counting down the days. Anyone else using the temp registration serial and key given on website? Is there some place within my old weather computer hdd where the registration key is stored that I can retrieve?

Offline chief-david

• Educational Weather
  • Forecaster
  • Space Academy for Educators
    • Benilde-St. Margaret's Weather
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2016, 10:09:19 AM »
Last time I did an install it took a little time for the registration to take. So it will work.

You can't phase me-I teach Middle School.
It's not you-It's WU.

Offline SteveFitz1

• Forecaster
    • Tyler Texas Weather
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2016, 10:38:15 AM »
When registering VVP, I've always had to start VVP with "Run as Administrator" in order for the registration to work. Once it's registered, I could run normally.

Steve

anything