Author Topic: xwstatus time format issue after GoDaddy cPanel upgrade  (Read 942 times)

Online PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
xwstatus time format issue after GoDaddy cPanel upgrade
« on: December 08, 2017, 09:54:11 AM »
Hi Ken,
The www.komokaweather.ca dashboard data seems to be up to date and working well, however the station status http://www.komokaweather.ca/wxstatus.php shows the Cumulus weather data to be way out of date.  Looking at the time it is a different format, mm/dd/yyyy compared to the realtime.txt which is dd/mm/yyyyy.  I am pretty sure it had been working properly before the cPanel upgrade.  Could that also be a cPanel difference in some date settings?

I have looked in wxstatus.php and include-wxstatus.php to see if I could determine where the difference comes from, but unfortunately beyond me.

Thanks,
Paul

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
  • Saratoga, CA, USA Weather - free PHP scripts
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
Re: xwstatus time format issue after GoDaddy cPanel upgrade
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2017, 10:06:53 AM »
Easy.. it's a mismatch between the date cumulus is using in the tags, and how the template says the date is structured.

http://www.komokaweather.com/weather/CUtags.php?sce=dump shows
Code: [Select]
$WX['date'] = '12/08/17';
which is in mm/dd/yyyy format.
The check-fetch-times.php?show=settings shows
$SITE['WDdateMDY'] = false; // for weather software date format of month/day/year.  =false for day/month/year
so it is expecting dd/mm/yyyy format from Cumulus.
Change that to
$SITE['WDdateMDY'] = true; // for weather software date format of month/day/year.  =false for day/month/year
to expect mm/dd/yyyy format from Cumulus.

Your weather/realtime.txt is showing the date in dd/mm/yyyy format (ok) and ajaxCUwx.js has
var showDateMDY = false;     // set to false to show date as dd/mm/yy which is also OK.

I'd recommend changing Settings.php to clear up the issue.
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis VP1+ FARS, Blitzortung RED, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteobridge
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

Online PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
Re: xwstatus time format issue after GoDaddy cPanel upgrade RESOLVED
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2017, 11:40:05 AM »
Yes easy... and so simple if/once you know it :oops:

It seems a couple of my issues after the cPanel upgrade had to do with possible mix-up of files on my computer, and what I downloaded from the old server and then uploaded to cPanel.
i.e. the old server download had lower case settings.php, yet my computer files which I would have used to initially upload to that server had uppercase Settings.php
I will try to remember to recheck or compare original files next time.

So now on to the MySQL DB changeover to cPanel.

It has been a good exercise overall as it makes me look at all the older scripts and see which ones are no longer working properly.  I appreciate your help and guidance Ken, and GoDaddy was overall very helpful to my many support questions.  And the cPanel hosting upgrade cost for 2 years is the same cost as a one year renewal of my old hosting so a good bonus, for my temporary frustrations!

Paul

anything