Author Topic: 01036 PC connect not working  (Read 3028 times)

Offline murat

01036 PC connect not working
« on: February 26, 2015, 05:27:42 PM »
Hi.  I'm a new member. Sorry bad english. My 01036 consol not sending PC data . please help.  https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSoaA7dViwE

Offline skysummit

• Forecaster
    • StormCast
Re: 01036 PC connect not working
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2015, 08:41:33 AM »
Hmmm....sorry, I don't use the PC connect.  Mine goes to my bridge and then splits off to Kevin's Bridge Reader and Weather Display.  I'm sure someone else here does use the PC connect and can assist though.
Hardware:  Acurite Atlas with Lightning Detector
CoCoRaHs Station: LA-TG-11

NWS's Ponchatoula/Hammond Area's COOP Member
President | Director of Operations - StormCast

Offline murat

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2015, 12:43:04 PM »
   I still have not found a way.  Please help!

Offline skysummit

• Forecaster
    • StormCast
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2015, 12:55:25 PM »
I never had luck with the USB connection.  Have you thought about moving over to the internet bridge option?  I know it's a bit more money, but it's been pretty solid for me.

Offline murat

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2015, 01:11:59 PM »
İ understand. I must get my this device? http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00T5U1JRE/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1425405846&sr=8-1&keywords=acurite+bridge How many minutes apart updating?

Offline skysummit

• Forecaster
    • StormCast
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2015, 01:37:02 PM »
İ understand. I must get my this device? http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00T5U1JRE/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1425405846&sr=8-1&keywords=acurite+bridge How many minutes apart updating?

Yes, that device.  By itself without a computer, it'll update to Wunderground every 15 minutes I believe.  However if you use Kevin Key's Aculink Bridge Reader (Free), it'll rapidfire update to Wunderground every few seconds...and you'll be able to upload to WeatherBug, Anything Weather, CWOP, etc., BUT will need a computer as well.

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2015, 01:51:02 PM »
Meteobridge will update WU every 5 seconds (if they will take it).  I use 1 minute upload intervals.
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

Offline murat

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2015, 02:00:23 PM »
will be costly for me. because 1$=2.6tl    78$+35$ (shiphing)=113$=294tl.  I'll try buying a. İ live in TURKEY. We can use it without problems?

Offline murat

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2015, 02:13:56 PM »
Meteobridge will update WU every 5 seconds (if they will take it).  I use 1 minute upload intervals.
. believe  need a separate hardware. Acurite internet bridge guess not enough.

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2015, 02:19:55 PM »
That is correct.  In addition to the Bridge, you would need a router ($20-30 USD).  And of course the Meteobridge license.
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

Offline pcjunky

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2015, 05:21:34 PM »
Does Windows see the device in the Devices and Printers control panel without error?  Usually it is listed as unspecified input device.  You can right click the device to check properties.  If you have a yellow triangle with "!" inside then the windows USB driver is having a problem talking to the Acurite device.  If you have an error you can unplug/re-plug USB cable until no error is seen.  Or you can go to device manager and make sure there are no errors under USB controllers then look under Human Interface Devices(HID) for "USB Input Device". If there is an error you can right click then disable device and then enable device until you don't get an error.  This simulates unplugging then re-plugging USB cable.  It may only take a few tries or many tries, but Windows will eventually see the device without error.  At this point the Pc Connect software should work, but sometimes it will detect wrong USB mode and fail then you have to disable/enable device in device manager again and try running Pc Connect again.

Offline murat

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2015, 04:10:35 AM »
Does Windows see the device in the Devices and Printers control panel without error?  Usually it is listed as unspecified input device.  You can right click the device to check properties.  If you have a yellow triangle with "!" inside then the windows USB driver is having a problem talking to the Acurite device.  If you have an error you can unplug/re-plug USB cable until no error is seen.  Or you can go to device manager and make sure there are no errors under USB controllers then look under Human Interface Devices(HID) for "USB Input Device". If there is an error you can right click then disable device and then enable device until you don't get an error.  This simulates unplugging then re-plugging USB cable.  It may only take a few tries or many tries, but Windows will eventually see the device without error.  At this point the Pc Connect software should work, but sometimes it will detect wrong USB mode and fail then you have to disable/enable device in device manager again and try running Pc Connect again.
iunderstand .yes ,pc know consol but "failure on attemp to read R3 data from consol"  error .    
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 04:28:31 AM by murat »

Offline vreihen

• El Niņo chaser
  • Forecaster
  • K2BIG
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2015, 07:05:57 AM »
Try changing to USB Mode 4.  If you visit the developer's web site (link on your screen in above images), they have a support forum that details problems with certain new USB consoles and changing from USB mode 3 to USB mode 4.....
WU Gold Stars for everyone! :lol:

Offline pcjunky

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2015, 11:09:50 AM »
iunderstand .yes ,pc know consol but "failure on attemp to read R3 data from consol"  error.

Did you try the "clear all" or "reset" buttons on the back of the display?  If you still get the same error after reset then you probably have a bad display.