Author Topic: so many on market ??  (Read 1082 times)

Offline g7hej

so many on market ??
« on: May 28, 2018, 07:36:44 AM »
Hi new to the forum from Blackpool in UK looking at replacing my Maplin weather station, any preferences from readers looking at spending about £200 in uk. would prefer solar powered and like for UV day lights hours are there any that do lightning detection or is that another subject, I would like to upload to twitter and use WD and any other so would prefer usb as never used wifi equipment before..... please dont come back and say silly answers and that the topic as been covered so many times technolgy changes every day..... regards graham

Offline doubleohwhatever

• Senior Contributor
Re: so many on market ??
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2018, 05:09:30 AM »
I'm not well versed in the lower end stations (Oregon, acurite, etc) but I do believe the WeatherFlow station is the only thing even near that price range that detects lightning. However, it's supposed to retail for around 299 USD and it doesn't support data logging via usb or have a solar panel.

If it were me with that budget and "want" list, I'd try to find a lightly used Davis Vue with a USB data logger. You won't get lightning detection but it does include a solar panel and it's a solid station.

anything