Weather Software > My AcuRite smartHUB Software

Keep using The Old SmartHub! Kevin has a release version of His Software!

<< < (14/14)

berjerkin:
i tried to attach some screenshots, but the site is not letting me post pictures for some reason. I tried emailing Kevin 4 days ago, and haven't heard back yet.

nincehelser:
I don't think his program was ever updated to handle the DNS change to 127.0.0.1.

In a nutshell, the host name that data used to be sent to now resolves to 127.0.0.1, which would be the SmartHUB itself. 

To make things work again, you need to have a local DNS resolve the name to minimal web server to keep it happy.

berjerkin:
Thanks nincehesler. I think i know what you're getting at, but is this something i can do myself? Where do i even start with this?

nincehelser:
It should be possible.  In general, you need to make a local DNS entry for hubapi.myacurite.com to some local machine on which you have a web server.

If you have a Linux machine that you can use for DNS, dnsmasq is a popular choice.  I don't know what would be a good choice if you have to use Windows.

However, if you have Linux available, it might be easier to use Acuparse in the first place.  It's very well supported.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version