Weather Station Hardware > Barani Design Weather Stations and Accessories

Barani pro passive shield

<< < (2/108) > >>

ValentineWeather:
Jerry I possibly see why on your end you see the Davis FARS running so much higher than I do. My FARS is only .4 or so higher vs the Pro with a breeze continuously. You see over a full degree F.
You are using the stock fan correct?  I use a more powerful AC fan. Back Pressure from the wind is hampering the stock fan.

This is exactly what the WMO study said!  The Davis FARS ran warmer with wind... Bingo  \:D/

openvista:

--- Quote from: jerryg on August 18, 2018, 02:22:14 PM ---...the fars goes back up to the 1 degree higher which shows the fars temp is being affected by the solar heating of the sun on the shield which is shown in the specs of the shield...

--- End quote ---

I would argue that all Davis specs are suspect after the move they've pulled with humidity. In any event, Davis is assuming you're using their fan and power section that produces just under 1 m/s flow in the daytime. If memory serves you're running the fan at 3V off a wall wart during the day, but I'm not sure how much that increases the fan rate. Any idea?

According to the research I've read, 1 m/s is the line below which significant errors occur. The pro/reference gear is all above 2 m/s (much of it 3 m/s or higher) to avoid under aspiration.

openvista:

--- Quote from: ValentineWeather on August 18, 2018, 02:57:32 PM ---This is exactly what the WMO study said!  The Davis FARS ran warmer with wind... Bingo  \:D/

--- End quote ---

Except that he said his winds were low.

ValentineWeather:

--- Quote from: openvista on August 18, 2018, 03:15:06 PM ---
--- Quote from: ValentineWeather on August 18, 2018, 02:57:32 PM ---This is exactly what the WMO study said!  The Davis FARS ran warmer with wind... Bingo  \:D/

--- End quote ---

Except that he said his winds were low.

--- End quote ---

Low to Jerry may be what I'm seeing today from basically 0 mph first few days to around 6-8 mph at surface feels like a hurricane.  :lol:
Just with that amount of wind my Pro shield is running lower around .3F over AC fars,  I'll post a graph later this evening. We do have storms coming so maybe earlier actually. 

ValentineWeather:
Check this out, with just a little wind even the AC FARS runs higher. Solar is much worse as Jerry has reported. I thought something was wrong but now I see what he's talking about. These Davis FARS are hampered by wind.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version