Weather Software > WUHU software

CR1000 datalogger

(1/4) > >>

Audi:
Hi,

I would like to have my cr1000 datalogger upload weather data (.dat file) to weather underground.
I have Wuhu software installed but i cant get it to work.

Someone got an example of how the .dat file should look like?
And should the data be averaged in the .dat file?

Cheers.

Audi:
Is the original maker owner still around?

Jstx:

--- Quote from: Audi on June 03, 2018, 03:15:56 PM ---Hi,

I would like to have my cr1000 datalogger upload weather data (.dat file) to weather underground.
I have Wuhu software installed but i cant get it to work.

Someone got an example of how the .dat file should look like?
And should the data be averaged in the .dat file?

Cheers.

--- End quote ---

Audi,
I run WUHU with HeavyWeather Pro on MSWin 10Pro (and it worked on Win7Pro before upgrade) for a La Crosse WS2813 console via USB wireless interface.
I remember it being confusing to originally set up initially, but once running it's practically bulletproof, it just plods on. Had to redo once, went from scratch, and it all retained the whole history (I was sweating that it had been lost).

I have copies of the manuals (pdf's) and actual program files, plus the working ".dat" files. The HW manual has setup instructions that would probably fit other apps.
Plus have URL links (somewhere) to downloads (LaCrosse changed it, old link is pretty well hidden now-- or was some time ago when I checked for an updated version).

Guess I could forward them to you, or upload them here(?). Might take a little while to find them.
Advise.

PS: WUHU itself runs as a Windoz service. It has a rich options set, takes some effort to properly set it all up. Heavy Weather Pro also has a lot of features, perhaps it would work with your equipment.
Don't know how they compare to all the other WX handlers in use, never tried anything else yet (my low-budget WX works well enough). Too bad these progs apparently weren't adapted for more systems.

Audi:
Hi Jstx,

Thanks you so much for your reply.
I really like to have those files to read and check of its running ok on my hardware.
You mention you use heavyweather?
But in Wuhu you have to set up the station, which is in my case the campbell scientific cr1000 and the .dat file.
I dont know if that makes a difference?
Im trying to get it to work for days now without luck.

Jstx:

--- Quote from: Audi on June 10, 2018, 05:20:00 PM ---Hi Jstx,

Thanks you so much for your reply.
I really like to have those files to read and check of its running ok on my hardware.
You mention you use heavyweather?
But in Wuhu you have to set up the station, which is in my case the campbell scientific cr1000 and the .dat file.
I dont know if that makes a difference?
Im trying to get it to work for days now without luck.

--- End quote ---

Just looked at the WUHU configuration page (Setup, General Settings tab), and it does list your Campbell CR1000 as a defined line item selection.
Along with a lot of other systems and plain data types (CSV, etc), so setup shouldn't be too bad.
It lists quite a few PWS's and dat formats, so maybe it should be more widely used?

That WUHU option dropdown box is actually selecting from the list a unique system (yours), protocol, and data format (the .dat file in your case, other file types for other makes), used as a (serial) comms port. Assume they all vary in some parameters.
Sounds like a massive programming challenge for the author of WUHU, to ingest all the different type dat sets and comms requirements, then reformat that data and comms to the various requirements of the destination websites.
It's possible that your WUHU app is hosed, see links below for all things WUHU.

If I recall, the tricky part was setting a path to the working .dat file that the console app would load and update as scheduled, and WUHU would read and forward, upload (with maybe some reformatting) to the web WX sites (specified on other tabs).
The other paths in the selections below need to be specified too, assume that WUHU calls them for each console/feed type (mine are specific to the LaCrosse).
Somehow I ended up putting my ".lst" file (equivalent to your "dat" file for WUHU's purposes I think) in a subfolder I created in my "Documents" folder (Win10 system 'Documents'). Don't know why now. That ".dat" file path has to also be setup in the PWS WX app program too, to be updated/loaded with current readings.

Let me see if I can find and post the documentation pdf's here in a bit. --Having trouble locating my original HW/WUHU download folder, it's on another disk somewhere, will take a while to find.
Can't even find any ref to HW on the La Crosse site anymore.

Does your CR1000 have it's own PWS program for handling the console display? Is it a wireless, serial, or USB connection to your PC (assuming it interfaces w/a PC)? Then it needs to pass the current readings on to WUHU to handle IP uploading to WU, CWOP, etc.

Well, I found the current WUHU website (looks like the original developer has gone anonymous), these two seem to cover about everything.
Remember, with WUHU, you're basically setting up a semi-universal serial comms and IP port handler (a very complex one), and that has always been finicky.
Since your PWS appears on the menu options, it should be not too hard to do, unless there are bugs or version issues. WUHU should already know your CR1000 requirements, and if you link that .dat file correctly at both ends, and set up the upload points OK, it should just work.:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WUHU_(software)

WUHU
https://wuhusoftware.azurewebsites.net/

This link has all the downloads and misc, FAQs, etc.:
https://wuhusoftware.azurewebsites.net/wuhu/wuhu-download-page/

Here is a very comprehensive WeatherUnderground index page to almost all WS's and software-- "Personal Weather Station Hardware and Software":
https://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/hardwareandsoftware.asp

I ran across a few damned 'Yahoo' WUHU WX group pages, looks like you've been there  :] .
I hate Yahoo, try not to ever go there. Among many other things, it's one of those sites that looks at your IP and assumes you wish to speak it's local language, since I use a VPN and am 'in Sweden' today it presents the page in Svenska, grrr, and no way to change.

Have at the above and I'll try to find my HW/WUHU docs and zips (may take a while as I run multiple PC's and have chingos of disks both in them and on the shelf to look through (probably getting close to 50TB+ now, the curse of a nerd/packrat, going back to the mid 1960's).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version