Author Topic: New Access Problem  (Read 671 times)

Offline mikemaps

New Access Problem
« on: November 22, 2019, 04:14:26 PM »
I've had my Atlas around 9 months now, and access worked fine with it until a few weeks ago. Now it hardly ever picks up the Atlas. I changed the batteries in the station & that didn't help. It seems as if it's a range problem because when I move the station in the same room or place it outside maybe 15 feet away it picks up the signal.
I have the station about 60 feet from access, & that's where it always was, the problem is recent. The display is in a different location about the same distance & it's picking up the station just fine. Any suggestions?

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
Re: New Access Problem
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2019, 04:23:50 PM »
What are the readings on the splash page?

Offline mikemaps

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2019, 04:30:11 PM »
Not sure what that means. When I go into my acurite it mostly shows red lately, obviously green when working properly. Are there other readings that can be accessed & how?

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2019, 04:35:34 PM »
Find the local IP address that your Access was assigned and then open a web browser to that IP number.

You'll get a diagnostic page showing what signals the Access is picking up.

Offline mikemaps

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2019, 07:04:40 PM »
How do you find the IP Address?

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2019, 07:19:21 PM »
You might be able to pull it up in your router from the DHCP info, or you could run a network scanner program like http://Advanced-IP-scanner.com.

Offline Mabcmb

• My WU page
  • Forecaster
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2019, 08:11:35 PM »
I've had my Atlas around 9 months now, and access worked fine with it until a few weeks ago. Now it hardly ever picks up the Atlas. I changed the batteries in the station & that didn't help. It seems as if it's a range problem because when I move the station in the same room or place it outside maybe 15 feet away it picks up the signal.
I have the station about 60 feet from access, & that's where it always was, the problem is recent. The display is in a different location about the same distance & it's picking up the station just fine. Any suggestions?

1 . Unplug the access and unhook the ethernet cord  and pull the batteries for about 5 minutes . Put the batteries back in and re-hook up the power and ethernet cord .

2. Open My Acurite page and then click on settings then devices . The first one will be your Access . Look for the Device ID AKA the mac address  remember that or write it down .

3. Open your router IP address page . I don't know what service you use but you can do a google search for your router to find the IP address for your model . They will also tell you what the stock sign on and password are .

4. After opening your routers IP page look at whats hooked up to it VIA ethernet and there will be a IP address and also the MAC address for it . Find the one with the  matching MAC address . Copy the IP address  and paste that IP address in a new browser and boom that's the splash page for your access .

Hope this helps you out !!

P.S Ive found that sometimes just moving the access a quarter turn then refreshing the splash page ( IP address of access ) will make a lot of differences . After the steps above you can see if the signals improving by using the splash page .

« Last Edit: November 22, 2019, 08:18:47 PM by Mabcmb »

Offline mikemaps

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2019, 09:35:55 AM »
I did find the MAC address for the Access but when I enter it in the browser I get Google searches instead of the splash page. Tried several times in different browsers but instead of the splash page I get a google search. Any help?

Offline Mabcmb

• My WU page
  • Forecaster
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2019, 09:43:55 AM »
I did find the MAC address for the Access but when I enter it in the browser I get Google searches instead of the splash page. Tried several times in different browsers but instead of the splash page I get a google search. Any help?

Enter the IP address that's you see with the mac  address

Offline mikemaps

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2019, 09:29:07 AM »
Can you be more specific on how you enter the IP address & the Mac address. I tried typing it several ways with spaces between the 2 addresses, with a colon separating & I still get google searches. I have gotten the Access to work now for the past 24 hours. I turned the Access 180 degrees & moved the station 10 or 12 feet closer. Not sure which one caused it to work, but it is working again. Still would like to figure out how to access the splash page, some greater specifics would be helpful.  Thanks!!

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2019, 10:06:26 AM »
Type it in the address bar, not the search bar, and it should be like 192.168.0.0 or 192.168.1.5 etc. Some routers do like 192.168.0.131 - You should open the router page and it will tell you the devices connected. Just enter the IP next to the device that matches the Mac.