Author Topic: Goodbye old friend  (Read 393 times)

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
  • Tonto to Lone Ranger : "never take off mask.
    • turned off
Goodbye old friend
« on: August 30, 2016, 08:38:49 AM »
My lawn mower that has served me well is hopefully going to a new home. My wife won't let me mow anymore (thinks I will fall down, I think and the squirrels will drag me up a tree, not that they have in the past) so it sat in our lawn shed for years. We have sheep that graze and poop to fertilize. OK, we have a nice man who mows now and then. Anyway, it sits in the driveway, waiting for the people who collect those things to come by and get a nifty mower. Perhaps some kid will buy it and start an enterprise mowing yards. We just need to stencil on that it has Wifi and we are good to go

Offline Garth Bock

• Table Rock Lake Weather
  • Forecaster
Re: Goodbye old friend
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2016, 09:57:53 AM »
Put a sign by it that says...."Like Me On Facebook".

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
    • turned off
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2016, 01:06:41 PM »
If the Salivation Army doesn't come today, it goes to the curb with a nice other sign, such as " My wife won't let me mow the yard anymore. She says  I might fall down and the squirrels will drag me away.   Please take me to a good home.  Has Wifi Capabilities,"   and if that doesn't work, I'll get a city sticker and hope they take it away.

I wonder if the reason nobody takes it is my weather station set up out in the yard.  hmmmmmmm

Offline SLOweather

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
    • Weatherelement Moline IL
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2016, 01:51:25 PM »
Put a big FREE! and it runs! sign on it. Ot'll be on Craigslist tomorrow. I get rid of a lot of stuff at church that way, even broken fridges...

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
    • turned off
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2016, 02:00:11 PM »
Ah.. they came and got it a few moments ago.  However a new one will appear in the shed for the garden and where the lawn guy doesn't get mowed.   
https://www.worx.com/24v-cordless-lawn-mower-wg782.html

heh, heh, heh.. Plus a can of squirrel repellant

Offline stevebrtx

• Forecaster
    • Buchanan Dam Weather
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2016, 02:07:13 PM »
I can relate to some aspects of your note, I have an acre and a half which grows lots of stuff, I have no one to tell me I'm too old to mow and my budget spreadsheet doesn't have any line item for "mowing" - other than the one that recorded $75 for new back tires last month. So, I mow and mow and it just keeps growing back.

But as for divesting myself of unneeded stuff, a year ago I came up with a genius concept, I created a free raffle and hauled a whole load of stuff the the family reunion in NE. It was so popular they wanted me to do it again this year, so I hauled another carload to CO and others joined in. I've already got several items for next years reunion wherever. I still take stuff to Goodwill, like my collection of shot glasses, my beer can collection, beer mugs etc. my family is pretty straight laced, I'm one of the black sheep - hey, you gotta do what you gotta do?

Offline WeatherHost

• Forecaster
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2016, 02:22:06 PM »
Keep the mower.  Put the wife out on the curb and get a newer one that will let you mow.

Offline chief-david

• Educational Weather
  • Forecaster
  • Space Academy for Educators
    • Benilde-St. Margaret's Weather
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2016, 02:43:32 PM »
Put a big FREE! and it runs! sign on it. Ot'll be on Craigslist tomorrow. I get rid of a lot of stuff at church that way, even broken fridges...

Put 20 dollars on it and some one will steal it.  Put free on it, no one will want it.

We just moved and I have a bigger lot. I had to buy a rider but I feel guilty.

My friend just said "David, remember we are not 20 anymore." Point taken.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 02:55:34 PM by chief-david »

You can't phase me-I teach Middle School.
It's not you-It's WU.

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
    • turned off
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2016, 06:22:40 PM »
It is gone.  Now I have ordered a battery powered WORX mower.  I told the wife it is going to be used to touch up what the lawn guy doesn't do, the garden when it needs to be flattened and so forth.  We'll see how this develops.

Oh bloomsky sent me a replacement camera and solar panel.  Same model, not the new one.  Anyway.  It takes a day for the results of temp and all that  to settle out on the online.  The app on the iphone is fine.     The problem was that it loses charge.

https://map.bloomsky.com/weather-stations/gqBxp6apnJSnnZy4

I am planning to use that data to be the non FARS unit and see how it works.  I don't know how accurate it is.

anything