Author Topic: Weather Underground Issues and Bug Tracking - Check here before posting  (Read 18683 times)

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
Re: Weather Underground Issues and Bug Tracking - Check here before posting
« Reply #150 on: July 27, 2019, 12:24:37 PM »
Voting Causes Issues to move up the ladder

I've been working on sorting the Trello cards to float up the issues with the most votes. It isn't automatic. I manually move them. There are a few exceptions as I feel some editorial override is appropriate. For example for the newest issue how we lost precision in the Current Conditions box where items that had 2 decimals places went down to 1 decimal place   :roll:  In that case I floated it up even though currently it only has 1 vote (mine!).    Sorting is also done within color tags grouping; Critical, Important, Low.
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline Cocute

« Reply #151 on: July 27, 2019, 12:41:20 PM »
 i think many important show all text of current conditions with correct desing  that decimals of one

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #152 on: July 27, 2019, 02:22:48 PM »
Please look at the comment notes of some of the Trello cards. There are some issues which I feel are resolved that I've tested. I need confirmation that these issues are fixed. Please review the cards and comment if necessary. Look for the ones that I commented on that I feel are resolved.

I created a new column to move these cards into a clearing before finally ending up in Done - Fixed column.
Please look at "Removed - Under Review" column.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2019, 02:28:54 PM by galfert »
Tele-Pole

Offline WSWeather

• Forecaster
« Reply #153 on: July 27, 2019, 07:01:49 PM »
Hmmm...all four of the items you have in "under review" certainly are not fixed.  Did you just give up on them?

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #154 on: July 27, 2019, 07:13:36 PM »
Hmmm...all four of the items you have in "under review" certainly are not fixed.  Did you just give up on them?

Please read the comment notes.
Tele-Pole

Offline WSWeather

• Forecaster
« Reply #155 on: July 28, 2019, 12:55:29 AM »
I did.  None of them are fixed.

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #156 on: July 28, 2019, 04:53:40 AM »
I did.  None of them are fixed.

OK, I'm going to need a little more than that.
Tele-Pole

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #157 on: July 29, 2019, 06:56:22 PM »
We have more fixes today. Lots of adjustments made to the number of decimals. Things are looking better.

Thank you WU.....But PLEASE now focus on the MISSING DATA that started to happen in July.

Tele-Pole

Offline rormeister

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #158 on: July 30, 2019, 09:57:09 AM »
<snip>
Thank you WU.....But PLEASE now focus on the MISSING DATA that started to happen in July.
Agreed, this is simply unacceptable:
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Offline John1

« Reply #159 on: July 30, 2019, 02:53:11 PM »
I was writing back and forth earlier today on the Trello board about my own issue with the Weather Underground website. I'll restate it here, as well as another issue that I found which I suspect isn't specific to me.

The problem I mentioned earlier was that ever since the update to the PWS systems and profiles a few months ago, my weather station has not appeared under my account's devices on the website, which also means that the ads have returned. I looked at the mobile app and confirmed that the ads are gone on there and my weather station is registered under my account, so this is just a website issue. I tried resetting my password and email and clearing my browser cache but nothing worked. I also can't edit my weather station currently because of this—I apparently have 0 devices.

The other, unrelated bug is that whenever you view weather station history it works fine for about a year before the current date, but once you go beyond that the graphs fill up with nonsense and way too many data points, so many that it lags the webpage immensely. Screenshots of the graphs and tables of a random weather station supposed to be from May 2018:

(Also a small annoyance: The graphs don't show up for current conditions for the two weather stations in Antarctica.)
Hope these get dealt with soon, the first problem especially because the ads are maddening.

Offline OldAlaskaGuy

• Alaska, The Last American Frontier
  • Forecaster
  • Living in the "Last American Frontier"
« Reply #160 on: July 30, 2019, 02:57:21 PM »
Multiple data points has been discussed here: http://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=36611.0;topicseen

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #161 on: July 30, 2019, 03:13:21 PM »
I was writing back and forth earlier today on the Trello board about my own issue with the Weather Underground website. I'll restate it here, as well as another issue that I found which I suspect isn't specific to me.

The problem I mentioned earlier was that ever since the update to the PWS systems and profiles a few months ago, my weather station has not appeared under my account's devices on the website, which also means that the ads have returned. I looked at the mobile app and confirmed that the ads are gone on there and my weather station is registered under my account, so this is just a website issue. I tried resetting my password and email and clearing my browser cache but nothing worked. I also can't edit my weather station currently because of this—I apparently have 0 devices.

The other, unrelated bug is that whenever you view weather station history it works fine for about a year before the current date, but once you go beyond that the graphs fill up with nonsense and way too many data points, so many that it lags the webpage immensely. Screenshots of the graphs and tables of a random weather station supposed to be from May 2018:

(Also a small annoyance: The graphs don't show up for current conditions for the two weather stations in Antarctica.)
Hope these get dealt with soon, the first problem especially because the ads are maddening.

John,
We'll take a look a this and determine if this is Universal or individual user issue. Thanks.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2019, 06:38:55 PM by galfert »
Tele-Pole

Offline OldAlaskaGuy

• Forecaster
« Reply #162 on: July 30, 2019, 03:28:36 PM »
As this may be an individual issue have you tried to access on another browser? Have you cleared the cookies associated with WU on the browser that you are using and having issues with? You may need to manually delete these.

Offline John1

« Reply #163 on: July 30, 2019, 05:08:13 PM »
I have tried accessing it on Google Chrome as well as deleting cookies/cache on Safari, and neither one worked. Still says 0 devices.

Offline BKS97

• Senior Contributor
    • Sartell East Weather
« Reply #164 on: July 30, 2019, 06:45:15 PM »
I have tried accessing it on Google Chrome as well as deleting cookies/cache on Safari, and neither one worked. Still says 0 devices.

My station also got separated from my account in the changeover last spring.  A couple weeks ago I accessed WU Feedback and Support (the link is at the bottom of each station’s page).  I sent an email explaining the problem, and Victoria replied the same day saying she would let the programmers know.  The next day Victoria emailed me again to say the problem had been fixed, and indeed it was. 

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #165 on: July 30, 2019, 07:04:08 PM »

My station also got separated from my account in the changeover last spring.  A couple weeks ago I accessed WU Feedback and Support (the link is at the bottom of each station’s page).  I sent an email explaining the problem, and Victoria replied the same day saying she would let the programmers know.  The next day Victoria emailed me again to say the problem had been fixed, and indeed it was.

Great so we now have confirmation of it happening to someone else. Yet it isn't a Universal problem because many people got migrated and their station IDs moved with them. I'd say this needs to be a know issue for individuals to deal with on a case by case basis directly with WU for them to fix. I doubt that WU will ever implement a fix for all those orphaned station IDs. For some reason it seems some station IDs fell through the crack during the migration to the new system.

Trello card added to help inform users:
https://trello.com/c/u9NJ5Ex5
Tele-Pole

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #166 on: July 30, 2019, 07:37:07 PM »

I've confirmed this happening with several other stations. Thank you.
https://trello.com/c/BP4GnnYj

Tele-Pole

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #167 on: July 30, 2019, 07:51:19 PM »

Trello Card created !!! This one is quite unique. Do you have the link to the other Antarctica station? I only found one.
https://trello.com/c/qnczBtXp
Tele-Pole

Offline John1

« Reply #168 on: July 30, 2019, 11:27:07 PM »
Thanks folks! I just sent an email asking for help with transferring my station back to my account.

As for the Antarctica thing, I don't think it's an issue with those two stations. One is ISCOTTBA1 and the other is IMCMURDO2 (and IMCMURDO3 and IMCMURDO4 no longer report), but that's irrelevant.

The problem I had was that the graph of the current day doesn't load for some international weather stations (not sure which ones exactly), and there's no way to view the graph for the current day until waiting for it to be filled (horrible wording but I hope that makes sense).

Offline davidmc36

• He who dies with the most toys wins!
  • Forecaster
  • FN25ie61jw
    • MorewoodW34
« Reply #169 on: July 31, 2019, 06:09:48 AM »

I don't know about mobile but I had the no reset/0 Devices syndrome like you describe, early on for over a month. Conversely, I have not had many of the other common symptoms.

It seems very very random how individual users are affected. Maybe different teams working on different chunks of data trying to get to the same goalpost......... ](*,)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2019, 06:12:46 AM by davidmc36 »

Offline OldAlaskaGuy

• Forecaster
« Reply #170 on: July 31, 2019, 12:02:32 PM »
Unable to select and view a station in Wundermap using desktop Firefox. Okay in IE11. Turned off add blockers and tracking apps and allowed popups for Wundermap no change.
Wundermap slow to respond and load. WU may be working on this today.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2019, 12:23:46 PM by Weatheroger »

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #171 on: July 31, 2019, 01:07:22 PM »
Am I the only one that is constantly needing to log back into Weather Underground's website? This happens on multiple computers and my Android tablet and phone.  Why do we need to constantly need to log back into the website?  Why can't it remember me?  This is not a problem for the multitude of other places that on the Internet that require a login. I understand that your bank and credit card etc may time out and require re-authentication....but this is just weather!  ](*,)

Let let me know I'm not alone.
Tele-Pole

Offline awsum140

• Forecaster
« Reply #172 on: July 31, 2019, 02:12:53 PM »
I do get logged out, randomly.  Sometimes it'll log me back in after a few hours and a reload of the page.  When that happens I'm guessing they're working on things.
If it's not a Boerboel it's just a dog.

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #173 on: July 31, 2019, 02:20:25 PM »
I do get logged out, randomly.  Sometimes it'll log me back in after a few hours and a reload of the page.  When that happens I'm guessing they're working on things.

Well that settles it. It's annoying enough. Trello card created to track this issue:
https://trello.com/c/yGYmvWAo
Tele-Pole

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #174 on: July 31, 2019, 02:25:45 PM »
Unable to select and view a station in Wundermap using desktop Firefox. Okay in IE11. Turned off add blockers and tracking apps and allowed popups for Wundermap no change.
Wundermap slow to respond and load. WU may be working on this today.

Seems okay in Chrome and Edge.
Tele-Pole