Author Topic: WeatherLink Live Android app update parameters are now ALL totally LIVE!  (Read 2188 times)

Offline mcrossley

• Forecaster
    • Wilmslow Astro
Re: WeatherLink Live Android app update parameters are now ALL totally LIVE!
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2021, 05:55:05 AM »
I can confirm, that so long as DS Audio (or my Bose SoundTouch) app is running in the background (they can be idle, they don't have to be doing anything like streaming music) I get live updates in the WeatherLink app.

If I forcefully terminate the app in background, no more live updates from Weatherlink - when I exit and re-enter my station display, it continues to work if I leave my station displayed without the other app in background.

At least I have a workaround for now!  :roll: ](*,)
Mark

Offline TraderGary

• Stock Market Wizard
  • Forecaster
  • Amateur Radio W9VJ
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2021, 09:13:56 AM »
I can confirm, that so long as DS Audio (or my Bose SoundTouch) app is running in the background (they can be idle, they don't have to be doing anything like streaming music) I get live updates in the WeatherLink app.

If I forcefully terminate the app in background, no more live updates from Weatherlink - when I exit and re-enter my station display, it continues to work if I leave my station displayed without the other app in background.

At least I have a workaround for now!  :roll: ](*,)

Software interaction can certainly be interesting!

I don't have either of those apps running or even loaded and my Android WeatherLink app runs like it should!

I wonder what would happen if you temporarily deleted them.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2021, 09:22:46 AM by TraderGary »
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus 6163 (Wireless) | Davis WeatherLink Live 6100 | Meteobridge Pro
WeatherLink | WundergroundCWOPAWEKASWindy

Offline mcrossley

• Forecaster
    • Wilmslow Astro
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2021, 04:17:15 AM »
Another WeatherLink app update today to v2.1.110 (445) - reason "Bug fixes". But no fix for my bug :(
Mark

Offline Liamdog4

« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2021, 04:12:41 PM »
I have to say, this app is the worst app/program I ever seen. Not reliable. Full of bugs. Updates don't fix anything and creates more weird things happening in the app. Contact tech support about issues and problems and never hear anything back. I'm not a programmer but I was in QC for years and someone is not doing their job.

Maybe goes "LIVE" when it feels like it or maybe a certain day of the week. Try to show someone when visiting and doesn't work. Its nice when it works and latest update looks nice but wish it would work as advertised.

This is getting so frustrating to me and what I pay and paid and still have to rely on my console except my console can't make calls or receive emails.  ](*,) :shock: ±
Vantage Pro2 Plus Wireless, 24 hr Aspirated, Soil Moisture Station, Leaf Moisture, 2 Extra Temperature Stations

Offline TraderGary

• Stock Market Wizard
  • Forecaster
  • Amateur Radio W9VJ
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2021, 08:06:45 PM »
You do understand that "LIVE" data only works when your phone is set to use your local WiFi. "LIVE" data does NOT work when your phone is using "Mobile Data" coming from the cell tower.

If you don't have reliable local WiFi coverage everywhere in your house, that could easily explain why your "LIVE" data doesn't work reliably. If your phone is switching between WiFi and cell tower data as you move around your home, you can see the problem.

My router is a NetGear Mesh system and I have totally reliable WiFi coverage everywhere in my house. And that will definitely explain why I have absolutely reliable "LIVE" coverage.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2021, 08:11:44 PM by TraderGary »
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus 6163 (Wireless) | Davis WeatherLink Live 6100 | Meteobridge Pro
WeatherLink | WundergroundCWOPAWEKASWindy

anything