Author Topic: Gas Prices  (Read 54854 times)

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
    • Conditions @ CW2274 West Tucson-Painted Hills Ranch
Re: Gas Prices
« Reply #900 on: March 11, 2022, 06:29:40 PM »
Many reasons. Mostly because I choose not to just like more than 99% of the rest of this country. This admin is shoving "green" down our throats looooong before we're ready. That's simple fact they choose to completely ignore.

Offline stevebrtx

• Forecaster
    • Buchanan Dam Weather
« Reply #901 on: March 11, 2022, 07:00:54 PM »
Many reasons. Mostly because I choose not to just like more than 99% of the rest of this country.

I hope you don't imagine 99% of the country wants those little tinker toys? - or did I read that wrong. I live in semi-rurual Texas, pickup country, BIG DULY pickup country and one of those towing a 30' horse trailer wouldn't even notice the bump if he ran over a Prius. I did see one during the campaign season a year ago, had a political bumper sticker and I thought boy, you better get back on the road to Austin where it's safe to be dinky, he was definitely not from around here.

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
« Reply #902 on: March 11, 2022, 07:11:15 PM »
Many reasons. Mostly because I choose not to just like more than 99% of the rest of this country.

I hope you don't imagine 99% of the country wants those little tinker toys? - or did I read that wrong.
I'm saying 99% of this country does NOT use EV's and I'm one of them. Just like your big trucks and all, my DD is a 20 year old BMW M3 that I still adore to this day. It's visceral like no EV could ever imagine.

Offline stevebrtx

• Forecaster
    • Buchanan Dam Weather
« Reply #903 on: March 11, 2022, 07:16:36 PM »
Sorry, I thought I read that wrong, but had to check - ha.

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
« Reply #904 on: March 11, 2022, 07:28:18 PM »
 UU

Offline WheatonRon

• Forecaster
    • WUnderground
« Reply #905 on: March 11, 2022, 07:29:15 PM »
Many reasons. Mostly because I choose not to just like more than 99% of the rest of this country. This admin is shoving "green" down our throats looooong before we're ready. That's simple fact they choose to completely ignore.

But it is for the Children! A favorite saying of our greenie friends!
« Last Edit: March 11, 2022, 08:20:23 PM by WheatonRon »
Davis VP2 with SHT31 (3 complete VP2 systems—2 with a daytime fan and 1 that has a 24 hour fan); CWOP--CW5020, FW3075 and FW4350; WU--KILWHEAT17, KILWHEAT36 and KILWHEAT39; WeatherCloud.net; CoCoRaHS--IL-DP-132; and Weatherlink 2.0

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
« Reply #906 on: March 11, 2022, 07:32:40 PM »
Guess what, I burn corn in my car's motor too.... :-P

Offline stevebrtx

• Forecaster
    • Buchanan Dam Weather
« Reply #907 on: March 11, 2022, 07:39:53 PM »
My cousin thanks you, he farms 1,000 acres in NE and a lot of it is corn.

Offline waiukuweather

• Forecaster
« Reply #908 on: March 11, 2022, 08:21:48 PM »
but if you drive a big gas guzzling pick up truck instead of a hybrid, then I would not be all complaining about gas prices

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
« Reply #909 on: March 11, 2022, 08:24:11 PM »
but if you drive a big gas guzzling pick up truck instead of a hybrid, then I would not be all complaining about gas prices
Yeah, I guess since I eat too, I shouldn't bitch about food prices either... :roll:

Online saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
  • Saratoga, CA, USA Weather - free PHP scripts
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
« Reply #910 on: March 11, 2022, 09:41:46 PM »
Yeah, I guess since I eat too, I shouldn't bitch about food prices either... :roll:

I hope you don't imagine 99% of the country wants those little tinker toys? - or did I read that wrong. I live in semi-rurual Texas, pickup country, BIG DULY pickup country and one of those towing a 30' horse trailer wouldn't even notice the bump if he ran over a Prius. I did see one during the campaign season a year ago, had a political bumper sticker and I thought boy, you better get back on the road to Austin where it's safe to be dinky, he was definitely not from around here.

I see the usual players are at it again with semi-political speech this time.  Cut it out, or leave.  We are fully aware of your opinions of a political nature and don't want to hear them again.  Stick to the topic of the thread (Gas Prices in your area).  Omit casting pejorative slurs to anyone that doesn't share your exact worldview.   Consider this your last 'yellow card' for repeated abuse of the forum's registration rules.
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis VP1+ FARS, Blitzortung RED, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteobridge
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

Offline Jim_S

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #911 on: March 11, 2022, 09:43:49 PM »
I just filled up at $4.39. Prices here are running from $4.29 to $4.45 according to Gas Buddy.

I love manual transmissions (real ones with a clutch, not flappy paddles) so unless they come out with an electric or hybrid with a clutch and shifter I won't be in the market. 

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
« Reply #912 on: March 11, 2022, 09:52:47 PM »
I love manual transmissions (real ones with a clutch, not flappy paddles) so unless they come out with an electric or hybrid with a clutch and shifter I won't be in the market.
I have a 6 speed with three pedals. You'll never see that in an EV because one of the great things about electric motors is they have 100% torque available immediately unlike an ICE which must build engine speed to make power.

Offline chief-david

• Educational Weather
  • Forecaster
  • Space Academy for Educators
    • Benilde-St. Margaret's Weather
« Reply #913 on: March 11, 2022, 10:23:37 PM »

I see the usual players are at it again with semi-political speech this time.  Cut it out, or leave.  We are fully aware of your opinions of a political nature and don't want to hear them again.  Stick to the topic of the thread (Gas Prices in your area).  Omit casting pejorative slurs to anyone that doesn't share your exact worldview.   Consider this your last 'yellow card' for repeated abuse of the forum's registration rules.

I have a chiefs forum that you can go crazy if you need to. You just should really be a Chiefs fan. The raider guy takes it on the chin.

You can't phase me-I teach Middle School.
It's not you-It's WU.

Offline davidmc36

• He who dies with the most toys wins!
  • Forecaster
  • FN25ie61jw
    • MorewoodW34
« Reply #914 on: March 11, 2022, 10:40:11 PM »
) so unless they come out with an electric or hybrid with a clutch and shifter I won't be in the market.

Ask and you shall receive:

https://www.motorauthority.com/news/1135114_toyota-patented-a-manual-transmission-for-electric-cars

Offline Bashy

• brecklandweather.com/meteo
  • Forecaster
  • brecklandweather.com/index.php
    • Breckland Weather
« Reply #915 on: March 11, 2022, 11:01:13 PM »
I love manual but i also like an auto, thats what i have at the minute, no flappy paddles either, its  Volvo V70 2.4 D5 185bhp, If i drive like Morgan Freeman i can get around 35mpg semi rural, a long trip will see around 40mpg, if i drive like myself then around 27mpg, if i drive it like i stole (more often than not, tis too much fun) then im looking at <20mpg, thats for a diesel i might remind ya. For the avergae UK driver, thats too high a usage, at a guess... To be honest, i can live with fuel pumps rise, its the house heating oil that i cannot, i have no chance in affording any oil anytime soon, Even saving 50 a month just wont cut it, it would need to be £100, not a chance, and thats if it doesnt rise much more, rest assured, it will
Kind regards
Bashy

Offline Jim_S

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #916 on: March 12, 2022, 01:09:51 AM »
This seems like it could be a fun topic so rather than drag this thread off topic I started one about what cars we drive.

https://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=43610.msg444004#msg444004

Offline ocala

• Forecaster
  • The blues had a baby and named it rock n roll
« Reply #917 on: March 14, 2022, 03:26:41 PM »
It went down! 4.39 to 4.27.
It's a start. Hopefully a continuing trend.

Offline Bashy

• brecklandweather.com/meteo
  • Forecaster
  • brecklandweather.com/index.php
    • Breckland Weather
« Reply #918 on: March 14, 2022, 03:29:05 PM »
It went down! 4.39 to 4.27.
It's a start. Hopefully a continuing trend.

Due to the current talks, if they go south, prices will go back to a northerly direction...
Kind regards
Bashy

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
  • Tonto to Lone Ranger : "never take off mask.
    • turned off
« Reply #919 on: March 14, 2022, 04:23:01 PM »
yep.

Offline stevebrtx

• Forecaster
    • Buchanan Dam Weather
« Reply #920 on: March 14, 2022, 04:36:03 PM »
A week or more ago all of a sudden all the stations went to $3.99 which I thought unusual. Today in MF both HEB and Murphys were down to $3.86 and a friend in San Antonio said he noticed a 10-15 cent drop today

Offline ocala

• Forecaster
  • The blues had a baby and named it rock n roll
« Reply #921 on: March 18, 2022, 04:21:23 PM »
3.99 here too.

Offline stevebrtx

• Forecaster
    • Buchanan Dam Weather
« Reply #922 on: March 18, 2022, 05:10:53 PM »
Looks like we've settled back down to $3.83 as an average with one as low as $3.57 and a few over $4.

Offline zeppline

• Las Vegas Weather Guy
« Reply #923 on: March 19, 2022, 11:46:31 AM »
Got some gas yesterday up again $5.07/gallon.

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
« Reply #924 on: March 19, 2022, 09:26:24 PM »
Just read that diesel is just shy of seven bucks in Cali. Guess what every semi truck, freight train, and farming tractor uses for fuel..