Author Topic: How can Davis VUE ISS auto jump Chanel transmisión Alone  (Read 1458 times)

Offline EA1EF

How can Davis VUE ISS auto jump Chanel transmisión Alone
« on: December 03, 2017, 01:36:21 PM »
Last week one of our Davis VUE US Version loss reception from channel 1 after two weeks from first installation.

Look in for troubleshooting meet ISS change channel alone. ISS its in a 3m pole in hard 1350 m snow conditions.

Well as pole are inaccessible we change channel in console. After two days its jump again to channel 1. Again change to 1 in console....

Its very rare issue.

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
Re: How can Davis VUE ISS auto jump Chanel transmisión Alone
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2017, 02:09:50 PM »
How old is the unit?
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline EA1EF

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2017, 02:22:13 PM »
Original unit have about 9 or 10 years, for exact date need see serial number, but it have drain battery issue and just buy and change with a new potted ISS module. ISS module only two weeks aged.

One idea its any issue in the config button, that work with a magnetic and reed switch...

« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 02:34:38 PM by EA1EF »

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2017, 02:30:03 PM »
Well it wouldn't be 10 years - the first Vues were 2009/10 - can't recall precisely - or is my memory giving out? But either way the shell is old enough to be close to an original version. So it would have PCBA with the programming pads that can short over in damp conditions - needs more protective grease applied I suspect.

TBH I do think it's false economy not to replace the complete ISS on a Vue of this age - doesn't cost hugely more than the SIM module and you know that everything about the unit is new. It's starting to get difficult to source eg T/H modules for original Vue units, for instance, if that were to start giving problems. But appreciate that's water under the bridge now.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 02:45:52 PM by johnd »
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline EA1EF

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2017, 03:03:27 PM »
Thanks very much for fast response. Its good idea.

The station probably its a snow ice ball.

We have other Davis VUE in extreme conditions and recently became bad humidity reads 1% this one http://www.meteocampoo.es/cuchillon.html

As see Pro2 Stations work better than Bid stations in extreme cold and wet conditions.

We are study any wax painting for try solve partially. We try a good polyurethane  paint wax based used  for surf boards that see work. But did don't try it with plastic bases.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 03:12:19 PM by EA1EF »

Offline dalecoy

• Forecaster
    • Lee's Summit, MO
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2017, 05:46:22 PM »

Well as pole are inaccessible we change channel in console.

What did you change the channel in the console to??   And did the console then start receiving on that channel?  Are any other Vue's in the area transmitting on that new channel?

Offline EA1EF

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2017, 09:24:31 AM »
It's near impossible other Davis Vue transmitting in the area. Its a remote site, a mountain valley without  phone coberture, and radio  is American 915Mhz version, but we are in Spain, in Europe. Also the meteo values its logical with site.

Tomorrow try visit Our Davis VUE and hope discoverer and solve it.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 12:21:15 PM by EA1EF »

Offline dalecoy

• Forecaster
    • Lee's Summit, MO
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2017, 09:46:22 AM »
It's near impossible. Its a remote site and radio  is American 915Mhz version. Also the meteo dates its logical with site.

Is that an answer to my questions?

Offline EA1EF

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2017, 05:27:45 PM »
Install channel 1 both sides Console and ISSVUE

Loss data connection in console from ISSVUE

Search in console and reception any in channel 3 Change to channel 3 in console an received good data for two days
Loss again reception, in channel 3

Again search channels in console, receives channel 1 again
Change console to channel 1 an receive good data

We can't access to ISS in the pole because no accessibility, near 1 meter snow.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 05:29:35 PM by EA1EF »

Offline dalecoy

• Forecaster
    • Lee's Summit, MO
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2017, 05:33:18 PM »
Thanks for providing those details.

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2017, 06:47:49 PM »
Appears to be a bit of a mixed bag this?

Using a US version in Europe which has the possibility of being interfered with/overridden with a EU freq but sort of eliminates a another EU version being in the valley
Ignoring the snow, to be sure one would need to confirm that when the console receives CH3 that in fact the Vue ISS is transmitting Ch3. 

Offline EA1EF

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2017, 03:42:27 PM »
Worst that imagine. We change Davis Vue US Version to EU version brand new Buyed  Novemberin 2016.

We have now problema with signal reception. It down an up fast from 95 to 0. Probably have marginal signal that give good ratings but any few interference became to Zero rating.

Site its absolute isolated for RF signals except a EVA military radar aviation Base. I thing its work in 6GHZ an higther frecuenies.

We try solve nest week with PCB 7dBi yagi antena for 868Mhz brand by WA5VJB, usually we work 2 to 5 km with one side and up to 10km with two (radomed into the rain cup). But Snow can decrease to mid distances.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 03:44:20 PM by EA1EF »

anything