Author Topic: Changing/Updating PWS Photograph?  (Read 450 times)

Offline boldblue737

Changing/Updating PWS Photograph?
« on: May 06, 2018, 03:50:16 PM »
I started my PWS hobby on Weather Underground about 2 years ago with a Ambient Weather WS-1401 station. This spring I just updated my station to a Davis Vantage Vue. I was able to seamlessly transition my data to WU from one to the other and update all the text/descriptions of my PWS on the site. What I don't see is a way to change the photograph WU has of my Ambient Weather station to a new one of the Vantage Vue. In fact I hit some links that indicate that perhaps WU doesn't offer that feature (having a photo) anymore. Is this correct? Is there a way to change the photo to a new one OR if that isn't possible can I simply delete the existing photo so I at least don't have an inaccurate photo?

Thanks!

Offline Central Maine Weather

• Forecaster
    • Central Maine Weather
Re: Changing/Updating PWS Photograph?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2018, 04:06:05 PM »
Sadly you are correct in saying the feature is no longer available, and there is no way to delete the current photo either. You could try contacting WU support and ask them, but I highly doubt you’ll hear back. I think you might just be stuck with the old photo. I know I am with mine even though I’ve wanted to update it.
   - Matt
Central Maine Weather | Manchester, ME, USA
Davis Vantage Pro2 w/24hr FARS & WeatherLink Live
CWOP ID GW1328
CoCoRAHS ID ME-KB-55
My YouTube Channel = https://www.youtube.com/@OffTrailMaine

Offline boldblue737

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2018, 04:15:05 PM »
Thanks for the quick reply. That wasn't what I was hoping to hear and I wish they at least had a way to delete an existing photo but it is what it is. WU is an amazing service considering it is free and offers 5 second updating etc. and that's obviously the reason why it has to me the largest collection of PWS available, but it sadly also means we are at the mercy of changes in policy like this, little to no technical support, outages etc. I still use WU and the primary means to view my station but also support CWOP, PWS and now WL 2.0 and I'm open to hearing about others...

Thanks again!

Offline Central Maine Weather

• Forecaster
    • Central Maine Weather
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2018, 04:18:24 PM »
No problem! And I couldn’t agree more!
   - Matt
Central Maine Weather | Manchester, ME, USA
Davis Vantage Pro2 w/24hr FARS & WeatherLink Live
CWOP ID GW1328
CoCoRAHS ID ME-KB-55