Weather Software > WeatherLink/weatherlink.com by Davis Instruments

WL.com & Wind Run Data

(1/3) > >>

Randall Kayfes:
Greetings, I am currently importing a friend's data obtained from WL.COM into my standard Excel spreadsheet template. My template is based on WL-PC and incudes several tabs that analyzes Wind Run data. I cannot find any wind run data on the data he exported from WL.COM is it true that WL.COM does not calculate the Wind Run data as the WL-PC program does?

Mattk:
Wind Run on WL.com? I don't believe so and not with the Basic tier

PaulMy:
Hi Randall,
I started uploading to WL.com with my Envoy/USB logger and Weatherlink PC and this is a Basic free account.
I then started to upload to the same WL.com with an IP-logger (WiFiLogger)
I have downloaded the WL.com data and it includes Wind Run.

I also have a Weatherlink Live which uploads to a separate WL.com and this is a WL.com Pro.
WLL does not calculate Wind Run so not uploaded to this WL.com, and therefor not in a download.

Enjoy,
Paul

johnd:
It will depend on the type of station/upload device and how the data was downloaded from a wl.com Pro account.

Haven't got time to dig into it in detail, but I'm guessing that archive data packets downloaded via the v1 API (ie the old traditional format before the major revamp of weatherlink.com happened) will still allow software such as WLfW to calculate wind run (don't think it's actually in the archive packet data). But any such software won't necessarily be compatible with the v2 API.

If we're talking about processed data downloaded in eg CSV format then I suspect that the same difference applies, ie the wind run may well be there in data sourced via the v1 API but not in the completely different v2 JSON format.

Randall Kayfes:
First, I should have said my friends account includes Pro.

OK PaulMy I will try to do the DL myself and see if I can get it to include Wind Run Data.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version