Author Topic: Need some help uploading snapshots from my ReoLink RLC-510WA to my meteobridge  (Read 4370 times)

Offline Adrian23

• Forecaster
Hello,

I noticed there is a tab in my meteobridge to add a webcam which in this case would be my RLC-510WA. I would like to be able to save snap shots or live footage to the web. I read something in this thread about metebridge free hosting service? Were can i find this?  If someone can help me with some simple instructions on how to do this i would greatly appreciate it. Also how can i add the current conditions from my tempest weather station overlayed to each image?

https://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=38929.0

Offline KD7GFL

Some if not all of the "puzzle pieces" can be found in that thread. I was able to add my camera to my Weatherbridge and also how to add an overlay with data from my sensors based on the information in that one thread.  I have added the link (final product) to Ambient and am waiting for it to be approved, hopefully tomorrow morning some time.

The first step is in the first post of that thread.  You have to add the URL to where your camera jpeg images are going in the box on the "Weather Station" tab  of your Meteobridge. 

Unfortunately, I can't help with that.  My camera is a NEST camera so I had to follow this process to get the URL:  https://help.ambientweather.net/help/nest-camera/
In that thread you posted the link to, there are post about another Reolink camera and a link.  Check out post #29 & #32.  That might be a good start to figure out what the URL would be for your camera.

once you figure that out (you will get a green checkmark just like in the pic on the thread) the next step is in the second post.  This would be the Weather Network tab in the Meteobridge software. As far as the overlay text box, I started out by cutting and pasting what Galfert posted.  The dimensions of my photos were very different so there was a lot of trial and error. I don't know squat about how to format that info so I just changed things a little at a time and figured it out.  Once that is all done the way you want, you use the new link from the meteobridge hosting service with the overlay on it to add your cam to weather pages such as Ambient.

The image coming from my cam is in the 6th post of this thread:  https://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=43305.0
« Last Edit: January 17, 2022, 12:18:26 AM by KD7GFL »
CWOP: KD7GFL (AV640)
WU: KMOAUXVA6
Ambient Weather: KD7GFL

Equipment: GW1000, WS-68, WH40 (w/WH65 Funnel for improved accuracy), WH32-EP (Davis 7714), WH-31 X 2, WH-32, WH-57, HP2551-C, and an Ambient WeatherBridge.

Offline Adrian23

• Forecaster
Some if not all of the "puzzle pieces" can be found in that thread. I was able to add my camera to my Weatherbridge and also how to add an overlay with data from my sensors based on the information in that one thread.  I have added the link (final product) to Ambient and am waiting for it to be approved, hopefully tomorrow morning some time.

The first step is in the first post of that thread.  You have to add the URL to where your camera jpeg images are going in the box on the "Weather Station" tab  of your Meteobridge. 

Unfortunately, I can't help with that.  My camera is a NEST camera so I had to follow this process to get the URL:  https://help.ambientweather.net/help/nest-camera/
In that thread you posted the link to, there are post about another Reolink camera and a link.  Check out post #29 & #32.  That might be a good start to figure out what the URL would be for your camera.

once you figure that out (you will get a green checkmark just like in the pic on the thread) the next step is in the second post.  This would be the Weather Network tab in the Meteobridge software. As far as the overlay text box, I started out by cutting and pasting what Galfert posted.  The dimensions of my photos were very different so there was a lot of trial and error. I don't know squat about how to format that info so I just changed things a little at a time and figured it out.  Once that is all done the way you want, you use the new link from the meteobridge hosting service with the overlay on it to add your cam to weather pages such as Ambient.

The image coming from my cam is in the 6th post of this thread:  https://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=43305.0

Thanks for the link. I used Galfert instructions ans was able to get to work. My only thing now is how can i make the cam image a little bigger when you click on it? I think 640x480 is a tad on the small side. I am not sure were to edit those dimensions.

Offline KD7GFL

Ok I am a rookie at this myself, but my guess is to try changing "-resize 640x480" to "-resize 960x720"  in the beginning of your overlay text and see if it is what you are looking for.  The 960x720 should (?) make your image 1.5X larger but keep the 4:3 aspect ratio so that the image is still correctly proportional.  (2x would be 1280x960.)

At least that is what I would try.   The great thing is you can always switch it back if it doesn't work.  I have been doing a lot of trial and error lol

Keep in mind if that does work, it will change where your overlay box and text appear, because those are based on the 640X480 dimension. But if it makes your image bigger, you can adjust where the text goes to the new dimensions in your overlay string.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2022, 03:07:30 PM by KD7GFL »

Equipment: GW1000, WS-68, WH40 (w/WH65 Funnel for improved accuracy), WH32-EP (Davis 7714), WH-31 X 2, WH-32, WH-57, HP2551-C, and an Ambient WeatherBridge.

Offline Adrian23

• Forecaster
Ok I am a rookie at this myself, but my guess is to try changing "-resize 640x480" to "-resize 960x720"  in the beginning of your overlay text and see if it is what you are looking for.  The 960x720 should (?) make your image 1.5X larger but keep the 4:3 aspect ratio so that the image is still correctly proportional.  (2x would be 1280x960.)

At least that is what I would try.   The great thing is you can always switch it back if it doesn't work.  I have been doing a lot of trial and error lol

Keep in mind if that does work, it will change where your overlay box and text appear, because those are based on the 640X480 dimension. But if it makes your image bigger, you can adjust where the text goes to the new dimensions in your overlay string.

Hi KD7GFL, thanks for your reply but were can i adjust now the text to fit the image? It is so confusing numbers like this "text 5 455. This is what i have now.  Perfect size but can you adjust it for me??

Overylay i am using

-resize 960x720 -fill black -draw "fill-opacity 0.7 rectangle 0 440 852 480" -pointsize 12 -fill orange -draw "text 5 455 '[YYYY]-[MM]-[DD] [hh]:[mm]'" -fill white -draw "text 110 455 ' Temp: [th0temp-act=F.1:--] °F    Humidity: [th0hum-act.0:--] %  Pressure: [thb0seapress-act=mb.2:--]   Wind: [wind0avgwind-act=mph.1:--] mph    Gust: [wind0wind-max5=mph.1:--] mph'" -fill white -draw "text 110 475 'Rain today: [rain0total-sumday=in.2:--] in

« Last Edit: January 17, 2022, 03:20:03 PM by Adrian23 »

Offline KD7GFL

Ok here it goes.  Keep in mind I am a rookie/novice/beginner so some of this may not be totally correct but hopefully it gets you going:

Explanation: Consider the image as a grid.  To find an exact point on the image you need 1) First #Number goes from Right to Left starting at 0 and ending with 960. 2) Second #Number Starts at Top to bottom (0-720)  Where those two coordinates intersect is the point on the image where you are starting something.  For the example below: Your Date starts at 5 "increments" to the right and 685 increments down. ie. "text 5 685"

You changed the dimensions of the image, but the coordinates you were using were based on the image being 852X480.  So now you will need to adjust the coordinates up/down & left/right to put text where you want it with the bigger image.

I took a "SWAG" at it to get it hopefully closer. Try this and see how it goes.  You will need to tweak each set of coordinates to get the correct spacing that you want. 

-resize 960x720 -fill black -draw "fill-opacity 0.7 rectangle 0 670 960 720" -pointsize 12 -fill orange -draw "text 5 685 '[YYYY]-[MM]-[DD] [hh]:[mm]'" -fill white -draw "text 150 685 ' Temp: [th0temp-act=F.1:--] °F    Humidity: [th0hum-act.0:--] %  Pressure: [thb0seapress-act=mb.2:--]   Wind: [wind0avgwind-act=mph.1:--] mph    Gust: [wind0wind-max5=mph.1:--] mph'" -fill white -draw "text 150 715 'Rain today: [rain0total-sumday=in.2:--] in'"

« Last Edit: January 17, 2022, 04:24:57 PM by KD7GFL »

Offline Adrian23

• Forecaster
Ok here it goes.  Keep in mind I am a rookie/novice/beginner so some of this may not be totally correct but hopefully it gets you going:

Explanation: Consider the image as a grid.  To find an exact point on the image you need 1) First #Number goes from Right to Left starting at 0 and ending with 960. 2) Second #Number Starts at Top to bottom (0-720)  Where those two coordinates intersect is the point on the image where you are starting something.  For the example below: Your Date starts at 5 "increments" to the right and 685 increments down. ie. "text 5 685"

You changed the dimensions of the image, but the coordinates you were using were based on the image being 852X480.  So now you will need to adjust the coordinates up/down & left/right to put text where you want it with the bigger image.

I took a "SWAG" at it to get it hopefully closer. Try this and see how it goes.  You will need to tweak each set of coordinates to get the correct spacing that you want. 

-resize 960x720 -fill black -draw "fill-opacity 0.7 rectangle 0 670 960 720" -pointsize 12 -fill orange -draw "text 5 685 '[YYYY]-[MM]-[DD] [hh]:[mm]'" -fill white -draw "text 150 685 ' Temp: [th0temp-act=F.1:--] °F    Humidity: [th0hum-act.0:--] %  Pressure: [thb0seapress-act=mb.2:--]   Wind: [wind0avgwind-act=mph.1:--] mph    Gust: [wind0wind-max5=mph.1:--] mph'" -fill white -draw "text 150 715 'Rain today: [rain0total-sumday=in.2:--] in

Looks nice! I am happy with this.

Offline KD7GFL

Couple things to consider: 

Right now you are using "pointsize 12".  If you want you can increase the 12 to maybe 16 or 17 and that will make the text bigger and easier to read for old guys like me lol

You can also adjust the size of the box at the bottom:  Right now it is "rectangle 0 670 960 720"  if you want to make it shorter you could go with "rectangle 0 685 960 720"   Increasing or decreasing that second coordinate will raise or lower the top of the box.

You may or may not need two lines.  With two you can add other sensor daae down the road if you want.  If you don't plan to do that, you can make it one line and make the box smaller.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2022, 04:12:52 PM by KD7GFL »

Offline Adrian23

• Forecaster
Couple things to consider: 

Right now you are using "pointsize 12".  If you want you can increase the 12 to maybe 16 or 17 and that will make the text bigger and easier to read for old guys like me lol

You can also adjust the size of the box at the bottom:  Right now it is "rectangle 0 670 960 720"  if you want to make it shorter you could go with "rectangle 0 685 960 720"   Increasing or decreasing that second coordinate will raise or lower the top of the box.

You may or may not need two lines.  With two you can add other sensor daae down the road if you want.  If you don't plan to do that, you can make it one line and make the box smaller.

Can you try one more time for me? Get the rain totals in the line with the others and increase the text size a bit. No more sensors for me. I would greatly appreciate it! Nervous to mess it all up .
« Last Edit: January 17, 2022, 04:24:00 PM by Adrian23 »

Offline KD7GFL

Try this:

-resize 960x720 -fill black -draw "fill-opacity 0.7 rectangle 0 695 960 720" -pointsize 16 -fill orange -draw "text 5 715 '[YYYY]-[MM]-[DD] [hh]:[mm]'" -fill white -draw "text 150 715 'Temp: [th0temp-act=F.1:--] °F    Humidity: [th0hum-act.0:--] %  Pressure: [thb0seapress-act=mb.2:--]   Wind: [wind0avgwind-act=mph.1:--] mph    Gust: [wind0wind-max5=mph.1:--] mph   Rain today: [rain0total-sumday=in.2:--] in'"

EDIT: I corrected this so it should be good now
« Last Edit: January 17, 2022, 04:46:25 PM by KD7GFL »

Offline Adrian23

• Forecaster
Try this:

-resize 960x720 -fill black -draw "fill-opacity 0.7 rectangle 0 695 960 720" -pointsize 16 -fill orange -draw "text 5 715 '[YYYY]-[MM]-[DD] [hh]:[mm]'" -fill white -draw "text 150 685 ' Temp: [th0temp-act=F.1:--] °F    Humidity: [th0hum-act.0:--] %  Pressure: [thb0seapress-act=mb.2:--]   Wind: [wind0avgwind-act=mph.1:--] mph    Gust: [wind0wind-max5=mph.1:--] mph Rain today: [rain0total-sumday=in.2:--] in'"

Ok let me try that.

Offline Adrian23

• Forecaster
Try this:

-resize 960x720 -fill black -draw "fill-opacity 0.7 rectangle 0 695 960 720" -pointsize 16 -fill orange -draw "text 5 715 '[YYYY]-[MM]-[DD] [hh]:[mm]'" -fill white -draw "text 150 685 ' Temp: [th0temp-act=F.1:--] °F    Humidity: [th0hum-act.0:--] %  Pressure: [thb0seapress-act=mb.2:--]   Wind: [wind0avgwind-act=mph.1:--] mph    Gust: [wind0wind-max5=mph.1:--] mph Rain today: [rain0total-sumday=in.2:--] in'"

Perfect text size there but the box needs to be increased to cover text or actually lower the text.  Almost got it

I really appreciate your help

« Last Edit: January 17, 2022, 04:40:52 PM by Adrian23 »

Offline KD7GFL

I edited the string above.  I forgot to change the coordinate for the start of the white text from 685 to 715 which is where the Orange text starts.   

Offline Adrian23

• Forecaster
I edited the string above.  I forgot to change the coordinate for the start of the white text from 685 to 715 which is where the Orange text starts.

Can you please fix it and try to post the code? You have been a big help!

Offline KD7GFL

I corrected the string in Reply #10.  Cut and paste that string and you should be good.