Author Topic: Data update problems in the Weatherlink app  (Read 2646 times)

Offline MeteotempSB

• MeteotempSB
Data update problems in the Weatherlink app
« on: September 23, 2021, 09:04:11 PM »
My station in the app updates data every 5 minutes, the "Live" data update does not work for me, Live mode only works for a minute when my station updates the data as I said before every 5 minutes, almost all stations That I control, I am seeing the same problem in the data update time, most of them are updating data every 5 minutes in the app, on the weatherlink.com website everything works fine.

I use Android and for a few days I have had this problem and as I said before, almost all the stations that I control in my app located near me have the same problem.

It works well for you?

Greetings
« Last Edit: September 26, 2021, 05:52:59 PM by MeteotempSB »

Offline Liamdog4

Re: Data update problems in the Weatherlink app
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2021, 02:33:57 PM »
I've been having problems since it came out. i use android too. Even today Live update isn't even working on an iphone. Even Galaxy tablet not working today. Status says their network is fine. Could be the internet today. I know Google and Cloudfare was having problems.

I've emailed tech and got nothing in return with all the problems with the app.
Vantage Pro2 Plus Wireless, 24 hr Aspirated, Soil Moisture Station, Leaf Moisture, 2 Extra Temperature Stations

Offline MeteotempSB

• MeteotempSB
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2021, 07:36:55 PM »
Until about 10 days ago it worked fine for me, but since then the data of the app is updated more or less every 5 minutes, I use Weatherlink Live and I also have Airlink which is also having problems when updating data.

I would lean towards some kind of problem with their servers, the strange thing is that this problem seems to affect some users and not others.

Offline Bashy

• brecklandweather.com/meteo
  • Forecaster
  • brecklandweather.com/index.php
    • Breckland Weather
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2021, 07:00:36 AM »
The app updates live for me, the only time it stops is when my screen closes for a while.
The main WL site, on the other hand, is not as quick, i think that's every minute perhaps?
I am on android, Note 20 Ultra 5g

https://youtu.be/Y8RNGH6bbAg
« Last Edit: September 27, 2021, 07:06:43 AM by Bashy »
Kind regards
Bashy

Offline Liamdog4

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2021, 03:44:07 PM »
Talked to Davis tech. They are having a problem on their end with the "live" to some WLL units.
Vantage Pro2 Plus Wireless, 24 hr Aspirated, Soil Moisture Station, Leaf Moisture, 2 Extra Temperature Stations

Offline MeteotempSB

• MeteotempSB
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2021, 05:52:38 PM »
Any information on when the problem can be solved? I know they are working on it, but the problem has lasted for 2 weeks.

Offline Liamdog4

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2021, 08:14:17 PM »
The guy I talked to was a book reading tech. But he said a few days he was told. End of the week. Don't hold your breath! Have a beer instead.

Offline mcrossley

• Forecaster
    • Wilmslow Astro
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2021, 04:40:02 AM »
Talked to Davis tech. They are having a problem on their end with the "live" to some WLL units.

That does not make sense to me, the Davis backend plays no role in the live data, it is initiated by the app requesting live data from the WLL, and then the data comes direct from the WLL via a UDP multicast.
Mark

Offline mcrossley

• Forecaster
    • Wilmslow Astro
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2021, 04:43:41 AM »
If you search you will find other threads on here about the WL live app not receiving live data going back a year. I have found I can get live data working on my phone by starting a music streaming app (from my NAS). As long as that other app is running (it doesn't have to be streaming, just having done a search for and connected to the NAS) the Davis live data works, when I stop it the Davis app reverts to WL.com data. My conclusion is the Davis app is not working correctly, but I hold no hope of them fixing it anytime soon.
Mark

Offline MeteotempSB

• MeteotempSB
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2021, 09:20:34 AM »
Today a problem appears on the Weatherlink web status, apparently with Amazon's servers.

Offline Liamdog4

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2021, 07:32:37 PM »
They have been working on it for over 2 weeks and its something on there end yet.

Hello Todd, for the last approx 2 weeks, we have been getting reports similar to what you are reporting. We are looking in to this at this point and hope to have it resolved soon.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

Offline MeteotempSB

• MeteotempSB
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2021, 12:04:36 PM »
At the moment the days continue to pass and the problem continues in the app, the live data does not work in Live and the data is updated every 5 minutes approximately.

Offline radex13

• MétéoMartigues
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2021, 05:49:12 AM »
ici aussi même problème en France, compte pro, et données en direct impossible à obtenir malgré plusieurs redémarrage du boitier  :?
https://www.weatherlink.com/embeddablePage/show/1e92ac62583e4ad68c8f9b2d5e693e71/wide

Offline MeteotempSB

• MeteotempSB
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2021, 01:02:36 PM »
Hello, I mean the app, on the web the data does upload correctly and is updated minute by minute, but the live mode does not work in the app and the updates are every 5 or 6 minutes for about a month.

Offline radex13

• MétéoMartigues
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2021, 01:27:45 PM »
Merci pour votre retour. Je confirme sur le web WeatherLink selon fonctionne bien, relevé par minute. Mais sur IOS et ANDROID les données ne sont pas en direct.

Il faut attendre un mois ? Est-ce exact ? Quel est le problème ?

Merci
Mathieu

Offline MeteotempSB

• MeteotempSB
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2021, 01:31:12 PM »
Davis is informed of the problem in the app, in theory they are still working on it, but the problem has already existed for about a month, I do not know exactly what the problem is, I only know that the app on my Android does not work correctly, nor the mode in live nor data updates that are every 5 or 6 minutes.

Offline radex13

• MétéoMartigues
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2021, 01:38:47 PM »
Merci pour vos réponses. On va attendre…  :?

Offline radex13

• MétéoMartigues
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2021, 02:03:02 PM »
Si je met le boîtier en ethernet à ma Box, cela ne résoudra pas le problème.

Actuellement je suis en wifi.

Merci

Offline MeteotempSB

• MeteotempSB
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2021, 02:11:03 PM »
No, I have tried both with Wi-Fi and with Ethernet and the problem is the same, in addition all the stations that I have in the app of other owners, both Live and IP have the same problem, in the update hours there are differences with respect to the time current, most of them do not update minute by minute.

I also have the Airlink and this if it updates the data correctly minute by minute in the app.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2021, 02:15:23 PM by MeteotempSB »

Offline radex13

• MétéoMartigues
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2021, 02:22:11 PM »
Ok merci beaucoup.

On va attendre la prochaine mise à jour en espérant que le problème soit réglé

Offline radex13

• MétéoMartigues
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2021, 05:26:52 AM »
Bonjour à tous,

Il y a du nouveau concernant ce problème ? Avez vous reçu une mise à jour de la part de DAVIS ? En tout cas le problème persiste  :???:

Merci
Bonne journée !!

Offline MeteotempSB

• MeteotempSB
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2021, 03:40:08 PM »
Hello, I do not have any new information, it has been about 5 weeks since the problem started and it still continues like this, I leave you an email from Davis to obtain information about the problem.

support@davisinstruments.com

Offline radex13

• MétéoMartigues
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2021, 03:28:26 AM »
Bonjour,

Merci pour l’adresse, mail envoyé ce jour, on verra bien leur réponse.
Je vous ferai un retour [tup]

Offline radex13

• MétéoMartigues
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2021, 03:05:37 AM »
Bonjour à tous,

Pas de nouvelles, ça commence à faire long, c’est dommage de ne pas avoir ses données en direct surtout pour un produit au top !! 🤨

Offline Bashy

• brecklandweather.com/meteo
  • Forecaster
  • brecklandweather.com/index.php
    • Breckland Weather
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2021, 12:57:48 AM »
I have just opened the WLL app, for the 1st minute or so the data didn't move, and now its updating li.... oh wait, its stopped again lo/l that lasted about 30 seconds and perhaps why i thought it was working ok for me earlier in the thread.

I have reported other issues and neither have been resolved, i am not overly impressed, i bought the WLL over replacing the Envoy, i just didn't expect it to be buggy, not to mention issues with WD too but that's not Davis. I also see issues with Mobilize too and 1 really big one is that the rain amounts on the Web version does not match the app or WLL, I'm talking seriously off eg 19/9/21 we had 66.6mm, the Mobilize android app agrees, the web page however says 2.6mm. Thats how far out it is, yesterday was 6.6mm and the web page says 0.3mm now, how the dickens does it 0.3mm for a start what with the tip being in 0.2mm increments lol

Also the API has an issue when adding an adjusted year rain amount.

Well, they have a little under a year to resolve things, if not, i wont be renewing my subs, i was only really tempted for the Alexa side of things anyway and even that is pants, i don't want to hear a summary, i just want the temp most of the time and there's only a few data points , i would like soil added too and extra temps.

Sorry, I'm rambling, i m just not happy with my £220 purchase + the yearly sub amount, its far from money well spent!
Kind regards
Bashy

anything