Weather Station Hardware > Weather Web Cams

Amcrest IP Camera

(1/3) > >>

cospringswx:
Hello,

Does anyone know is Webcam7 supports Amcrest Cameras?

Thanks,
Ryan

cospringswx:
I do not see Amcrest listed in the brands that are supported. Is anyone using an Amcrest camera with Wecam 7?
Thanks,
RyN

galfert:
I've never heard of Webcam7. Do you have a product website? I did a brief web search for it but I didn't find anything official looking.

But regardless, any software that claims to work with IP camers should not need to specify by brand which camers it supports. Rather what the software documentation should say instead are the protocols and standards that it supports. Then you match up those requirements with the capabilites of the camera.

cospringswx:

--- Quote from: galfert on July 08, 2021, 07:15:29 PM ---I've never heard of Webcam7. Do you have a product website? I did a brief web search for it but I didn't find anything official looking.

But regardless, any software that claims to work with IP camers should not need to specify by brand which camers it supports. Rather what the software documentation should say instead are the protocols and standards that it supports. Then you match up those requirements with the capabilites of the camera.

--- End quote ---

Hi ,

Thanks for the response. I used to own Hikvision cameras and had it working with Webcam7. I was looking for a software that would enable me to provide the stream to my site.

Ryan

SteveFitz1:
Ryan,

Several years ago I used WebcamXP, then Webcam7 with Foscam cameras, which are very similar to Amcrest. The program then became Netcam Studio and I used it with both Foscam and Amcrest cameras.

About 4 years ago I started using Blue Iris to stream all my cameras. I currently stream 6 Amcrest cameras and a Wyze camera. Blue Iris is a great product with great support.

Steve

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version