Author Topic: Inconsistent Rainfall Totals on Atlas Display  (Read 561 times)

Offline Neil_O

Inconsistent Rainfall Totals on Atlas Display
« on: September 10, 2019, 02:52:11 PM »
I'm curious to know if anyone else has experienced this problem.  See the rainfall totals in the attached photo of my Atlas display.  The display was reporting 1.83 inches of rain in the last 48 hours (which was correct), but the weekly and monthly totals were both reporting 0.08 inches of rain.  This was obviously incorrect since neither the week nor the month had changed in the previous 48 hours. 

Fortunately, upon initiating a chat with Acurite support, they agreed to replace the display and commented that this was an issue not seen before.  They also provided a return shipping label so that I could return the display for root-cause analysis.  I'm curious; has anyone else ever seen this behavior on their Atlas display?

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Offline worachj

• Forecaster
  • Twin Cities, Minnesota
Re: Inconsistent Rainfall Totals on Atlas Display
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2019, 02:58:06 PM »
The 1.83 is the last 48 hour total. Its Sunday on your display, so the the week total is for one day, just Sundays rain.

Nothing wrong with the display.

Never mind I looked at the wrong month.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 03:04:54 PM by worachj »

AcuRite Atlas
KMNSAINT173

Offline Neil_O

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2019, 03:04:16 PM »
August 29, 2019 was a Thursday.

Offline worachj

• Forecaster
  • Twin Cities, Minnesota
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2019, 03:33:58 PM »
Make sue the replacement display has the latest firmware version which I believe is version v.04o. I purchase a new display that came with version v.04m and I had to send back to get re-flashed with v.04o.

The firmware version is displayed in the lower right corner when the display is powered up.

AcuRite Atlas
KMNSAINT173

Offline Neil_O

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2019, 03:39:39 PM »
Make sue the replacement display has the latest firmware version which I believe is version v.04o. I purchase a new display that came with version v.04m and I had to send back to get re-flashed with v.04o.

The firmware version is displayed in the lower right corner when the display is powered up.

Thanks for pointing this out.  I just checked, and I do have v.04o.  What are the differences between the two versions?

Offline worachj

• Forecaster
  • Twin Cities, Minnesota
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2019, 03:58:29 PM »
Only difference that I noticed was that version v.04n had rounding problems for the daily high/low temperature that was corrected in v.04o.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 04:08:58 PM by worachj »

AcuRite Atlas
KMNSAINT173