Author Topic: My new Davis Vantage Vue 6250  (Read 3095 times)

Offline edric

My new Davis Vantage Vue 6250
« on: January 23, 2014, 07:00:07 AM »
I just got my new Davis Vantage Vue 6250, tried installing the Cpx210 ver2.exe so I can get the Cumulus software to recognize my station, but get that error file missing dll file. info says it's should install that dll file when I download that Driver, got the comm port on 1, and the baud rate at 19200 in weatherlink first, then closed it before installing Cumulus, and still get an error file, and all  zeros in Cumulus, thank you all so much for your help, Ed

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
Re: My new Davis Vantage Vue 6250
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2014, 08:41:04 AM »
If you are running it successfully with Weatherlink and set as Serial mode then you should be able to run Cumulus by using the same Comm port settings as in Weatherlink.  I presume it is a USB data logger and you didn't by chance run it in Serial mode initially? but that doesn't appear to be your error message though http://wiki.sandaysoft.com/a/FAQ#I_get_error_-32710_with_Cumulus_and_my_USB_Davis_station

You may want to post at www.sandaysoft.com/forum and Steve may be able to help.

Paul

Offline edric

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2014, 09:29:33 AM »
If you are running it successfully with Weatherlink and set as Serial mode then you should be able to run Cumulus by using the same Comm port settings as in Weatherlink.  I presume it is a USB data logger and you didn't by chance run it in Serial mode initially? but that doesn't appear to be your error message though http://wiki.sandaysoft.com/a/FAQ#I_get_error_-32710_with_Cumulus_and_my_USB_Davis_station

You may want to post at www.sandaysoft.com/forum and Steve may be able to help.

Paul
Hi Paul, yes a little data logger and cable that plugs in the back, got that all hooked up, but can't get wWeatherlink or Cumulus to do anything, with it all set on serial, thanks, Ed

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2014, 12:37:19 PM »
So Weatherlink software is not running yet?  If that is the case I suggest you call Davis support and they will guide you through the process to fix it, or identify the problem.

Make sure that you proceed to run in Serial mode if you want to run any 3rd party software even though you may have the USB type data logger (if you have started WL in USB mode you will have to go through the propper process of changing it to Serial).  Once Davis walks you through with that and WL is running in Serial mode Cumulus will be a cinch to get running (but not both Cumulus and Weatherlink software at the same time as you likely know)

Paul

Offline Beaudog

• Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2014, 05:00:31 PM »
You should not have needed to install any drivers. Did you follow the instructions on page 14 and 15 of the manual.  Go back and read them and if you did not set the logger to serial mode when you first installed it follow the instructions to  run the USB to serial converter located in the utilities folder of WL.  This will convert your logger from USB mode to serial mode.

Offline edric

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2014, 05:34:02 PM »
Tank guys, Davis added a couple of files, and made a few modifications, now it works in serial mode, Ed

Offline Intheswamp

• Early on one frosty morn'...
  • Forecaster
  • Sure...I know enough to be dangerous, now.
    • Beeweather
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2014, 05:41:35 PM »
Congratulations on getting it up and going.  There's a little learning curve involved with it all, but now that you've got it up and running that curve will smooth out a bit.  Remember, though, that the important thing is to.....

\:D/
...have fun!!!!!

Ed

Davis VP2, v3.12
Cumulus v1.9.4  Build 1079
Today's weather beats no weather at all!
www.beeweather.com
www.beausandbonnets.com

anything