Author Topic: load my weathertlink.com data to my pc on the weatherlink software?  (Read 513 times)

Offline Spidersky

Hello ,
if you can help me how to do this.
Thanks in advance .
Greetings

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
Re: load my weathertlink.com data to my pc on the weatherlink software?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2020, 01:01:35 PM »
I'm not aware of any software that can do this - you would need to write your own program I think. All the necessary information is available and it probably wouldn't be a major software project (for a programmer at least) but not aware that anyone has done it yet. the absence of suitable HiLow data from wl.com might be one stumbling block.
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline Spidersky

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2020, 01:06:38 PM »
thank you for your answer.

Online Mattk

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2020, 04:23:54 AM »
So just to clarify .. you want to load (in other words download) WeatherLink.com data from WeatherLink.com to (Davis) WeatherLink PC software installed on your PC? 

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2020, 04:27:48 AM »
So just to clarify .. you want to load (in other words download) WeatherLink.com data from WeatherLink.com to (Davis) WeatherLink PC software installed on your PC?

That's certainly how I interpreted the post. But there's certainly scope for misinterpretation - people sometimes seem to use upload and download interchangeably and because Davis use 'Weatherlink' everywhere there's plenty of room for confusion.
Prodata Weather Systems
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Online Mattk

• Forecaster
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2020, 04:03:05 AM »
Then that interpretation will download WeatherLink.com uploaded data using WeatherLink PC. Only restriction is it can only handle a certain amount of historical data and not all data (as such) but if done regularly then no problem 

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2020, 05:27:46 AM »
Then that interpretation will download WeatherLink.com uploaded data using WeatherLink PC. Only restriction is it can only handle a certain amount of historical data and not all data (as such) but if done regularly then no problem

That's true with the v1 API (at least for the time being), but only for WLfW and IP logger type uploads. But it doesn't work for upload devices that only use the v2 API like Weatherlink Live and I was kind of assuming that this was behind the post because eg if WLfW was being used then there'd be no need to import the wl.com data. But you're right - it's making assumptions that may or may not be correct in the absence of enough detail in the original post.
Prodata Weather Systems
Cambridge UK

anything