Author Topic: VWS with Meteohub  (Read 1645 times)

Offline sdc

VWS with Meteohub
« on: August 22, 2017, 06:08:54 AM »
Hi

Apologies if this isn't the right place for this question; I'm not sure where would be most appropriate but thought I'd start here!

I have an Oregon Scientific WMR180 weather station which has USB data logging functionality. This has worked wonderfully connected to my laptop, providing great data for VWS, which has logged it all and charted it etc as required. I also used Cumulus at the same time to upload the info to Weather Underground.

However, leaving my laptop plugged in and running 24 hours a day seemed excessive, so I've now set up a Raspberry Pi with Meteohub. I now have Weather Underground updates continuously, without needing the laptop to be running all the time.

However, I would like to be able to use VWS as well, but on a more ad-hoc basis. Can I somehow extract all the data logged by Meteohub in a format (CSV?) that VWS can accept and use as if the USB logger was still connected? My thinking is that, when I'm at home, I can power up the laptop, download the data logged by Meteohub since I was last connected, and keep this link going until I power down the laptop, then leaving Meteohub to continue logging. I can't see a way of telling VWS to use the Meteohub as its data source (as if it were an IP-capable weather station in its own right), which I guess would be the neatest solution.

Am I expecting too much!? Or am I missing a simpler solution?

Stephen

Offline sdc

Re: VWS with Meteohub
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2017, 10:07:31 AM »
Just as a quick update - I've discovered that Meteohub provides a mirror of the data stream via an IP port (port number 5501 I believe); does anyone know if this can be integrated with VWS at all?