Author Topic: Gladstonefamily QC  (Read 1427 times)

Offline OldAlaskaGuy

• Alaska, The Last American Frontier
  • Forecaster
  • Living in the "Last American Frontier"
Gladstonefamily QC
« on: September 23, 2021, 12:52:58 PM »
I can not access my QC page. Is the site down? https://weather.gladstonefamily.net/site/G0412

EDIT: back up.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2021, 01:30:00 PM by Weatheroger »

Offline WheatonRon

• Forecaster
    • WUnderground
Re: Gladstonefamily QC
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2021, 05:07:39 PM »
What is really frustrating is the CWOP site in general. There are so many dead-links, spelling or grammatical errors, and incorrect or incomplete information on the site it is embarrassing. I volunteered my time to help identify these issues and propose possible solutions and my effort to help (NOAA and Steve Dimse) fell on death ears. That was probably 4 years ago. CWOP has been in decline ever since Russ Chadwick retired from NOAA 5 years ago or so. I think one of Russ’s responsibilities was to ensure CWOP was current. My guess is NOAA never replaced him or his function.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2021, 05:20:59 PM by WheatonRon »
Davis VP2 with SHT31 (3 complete VP2 systems—2 with a daytime fan and 1 that has a 24 hour fan); CWOP--CW5020, FW3075 and FW4350; WU--KILWHEAT17, KILWHEAT36 and KILWHEAT39; WeatherCloud.net; CoCoRaHS--IL-DP-132; and Weatherlink 2.0

Offline waiukuweather

• Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2021, 09:33:18 PM »
There are a lot of  volunteers running CWOP
I would not be getting mad or upset at the work of volunteers personally

Offline WheatonRon

• Forecaster
    • WUnderground
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2021, 11:30:35 PM »
There are a lot of  volunteers running CWOP
I would not be getting mad or upset at the work of volunteers personally

And your source of information for CWOP having a lot of volunteers? I hope you are right but dead-links, spelling and grammar errors? CWOP support is reasonably good but they are federal employees—NOAA, not volunteers. That said, the concerns I have with dead links etc., are on the Findu webpage. I assume CWOP (NOAA) is somewhat responsible for this website, but I don’t know how they interact with Phil Gladstone and Steve Dimse. In short, I don’t know who the “captain” of this ship is to identify and then correct some of my concerns.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2021, 10:24:14 PM by WheatonRon »
Davis VP2 with SHT31 (3 complete VP2 systems—2 with a daytime fan and 1 that has a 24 hour fan); CWOP--CW5020, FW3075 and FW4350; WU--KILWHEAT17, KILWHEAT36 and KILWHEAT39; WeatherCloud.net; CoCoRaHS--IL-DP-132; and Weatherlink 2.0

Offline OldAlaskaGuy

• Alaska, The Last American Frontier
  • Forecaster
  • Living in the "Last American Frontier"
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2021, 04:30:08 PM »
On the Gladstone QC page CWOP information for G0412 in Unknown is showing for my station. I have moved the marker on the map to the correct longitude and latitude and sent the updated information. What else should I do to update this information?

anything