Author Topic: Need Two Things Changed  (Read 2327 times)

Offline parkernathan

• Forecaster
    • WeatherTogether
Need Two Things Changed
« on: March 03, 2017, 09:18:43 PM »
Hi there!

I need my ID for my Wxforum account changed from "wxbugnathan" to "mallardnathan".

I also need the "WeatherBug" tab under Weather Related Organizations changed to "Earth Networks".

The WeatherBug brand was sold to xAd, Inc., at the end of last year. I'm still involved in IT consulting for WeatherBug's former parent company (Earth Networks) for now. Since I no longer represent the WeatherBug brand, I can no longer (legally) use WeatherBug in my ID on here or be in charge of a "WeatherBug" forum.

Since the new WeatherBug is unlikely to put someone in place modering a "WeatherBug" forum on here (they have other priorities at the moment with this transition), the best solution is to rename the section "Earth Networks". Future PWS development will be handled by Earth Networks. Earth Networks still owns and operates the weather station network/data powering the new WeatherBug. The path forward is that PWS operators publish data to Earth Networks PWS program, then the new WeatherBug takes the data and ingests it into their products and services.
Nathan Parker

Visit my blog at http://weathertogether.net

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
  • Saratoga, CA, USA Weather - free PHP scripts
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
Re: Need Two Things Changed
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2017, 10:09:58 PM »
You can change how your userid appears on the forum in your profile.

I have changed the WeatherBug tab to Earth Networks as you requested and removed you as moderator for the renamed forum.

Best regards,
Ken
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis VP1+ FARS, Blitzortung RED, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteobridge
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

Offline parkernathan

• Forecaster
    • WeatherTogether
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2017, 10:53:27 PM »
You can change how your userid appears on the forum in your profile.

I have changed the WeatherBug tab to Earth Networks as you requested and removed you as moderator for the renamed forum.

Best regards,
Ken

Hi Ken!

Thanks for replying. I will go in and change my ID ASAP.

BTW, I can be added back as admin to the Earth Networks forum. I am still working for Earth Networks, just not WeatherBug.

You'll also want to re-name the description that reads "who was acquired by WeatherBug" to "formerly WeatherBug". Earth Networks sold WeatherBug to xAd, Inc. Earth Networks no longer owns WeatherBug.

So provided the forum reads "Earth Networks" and not "WeatherBug", I can remain an admin (at least until my consulting agreement with Earth Networks expires).

Thanks!
Nathan Parker

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
  • Saratoga, CA, USA Weather - free PHP scripts
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2017, 11:52:53 PM »
Done, and done :)
(description changed, you're back as moderator)

Best regards,
Ken
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis VP1+ FARS, Blitzortung RED, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteobridge
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

Offline parkernathan

• Forecaster
    • WeatherTogether
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2017, 12:52:40 AM »
Done, and done :)
(description changed, you're back as moderator)

Best regards,
Ken

Thanks! Reason why I changed my username to mallardnathan is my personal IT company (Mallard) has some weather plans of ourselves coming up. :-)
Nathan Parker