Author Topic: Sharing historic data from Weatherlink  (Read 2176 times)

Offline Stonefire

Sharing historic data from Weatherlink
« on: March 05, 2019, 07:00:25 AM »
Hi
I'm a newbie - got a Davis Weatherstation and a Weatherlink Pro licence
I can't figure out to setup Weatherlink so friends, neightbours and others can watch the bulletinboard and the historic data from the weatherstation...
Is Weatherlink not capable to do that ?!?

Hopefully someone here can enlighten me...?

Sincerly
Steen

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
Re: Sharing historic data from Weatherlink
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2019, 07:15:36 AM »
No WeatherLink.com is not very friendly in that regard, all your friends, neighbours and others in order to see the bulletin board would have to create their own WL.com account into which you would then be able to specifically share your site, or from their own account would be able to see your site on the map and select it.

This requiring of non owners to specifically have to create their own separate login account, even tho it is free is one of the worst requirements of of WL 2.0

Offline Stonefire

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2019, 07:21:27 AM »
Hi Mattk
Thanks for your quick response....Sadly to hear....
Are there any other ways to do this ? Can I make somekind of a script to withdraw the data and display from my own weppage...
I know a bit to php-scripting....or maybe there allready is something around....

Sincerly
Steen

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2019, 07:30:36 AM »
Steen, Anything is possible and you wouldn't require WL.com to be able to make your own webpage and I am sure there are others here that do this and would be in a better position to outline further. There are some URL embedded options in WL.com that provide quite very poor output compared to say WL1.0. Somebody also duplicated the old WL1.0 bulletin out of WL2.0 which is outlined here in the forum somewhere, just need to find it   

Ok check this out? http://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=35189.0
« Last Edit: March 05, 2019, 07:35:26 AM by Mattk »