Author Topic: Davis Vantage Pro2 Fan ?  (Read 676 times)

Offline gonz33

Davis Vantage Pro2 Fan ?
« on: June 24, 2019, 11:21:47 AM »
Good day to all, I have a Davis Vantage Vue for 7 years and it still works very well, although physically the ISS is somewhat deteriorated by the time, now I am seeing the possibility of replacing it with the Vantage Pro2 but I do not know if to spend the additional money Buying with fan, is this fan really necessary? worth it ? what can you tell me, thanks.

Jose.

Offline gonz33

Re: Davis Vantage Pro2 Fan ?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2019, 03:39:05 PM »
I will install the Vantage Pro2 on the roof of a 10-story building, where the wind is constant and somewhat strong.

Jose.

Offline gonz33

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2019, 04:11:03 PM »
Sure, what I'm going to do is place the Vantage Pro2 on an 8-foot-tall mast, this helps to avoid the sun's rays bouncing off the roof of the roof, even if you can give me some additional recommendation I thank you, thank you.

Jose.

Offline Downlinerz2

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2019, 04:54:37 PM »
   My VP 2 has been up 10 years and I have not had a fan. It is on a tripod on the roof and the ISS is 6 feet above the roof top. My temp readings are consistent and show only minor fluctuations when compared to the Solar Sensor readings. And, comparison with a station about 0.5 mile away, with fan, are very close (delta <1 degree). I had planned on getting a fan at some point but I continue to check out the data and it has remained very good without it so I will not be getting one.
   Good luck!
   Mark

Offline chief-david

• Educational Weather
  • Forecaster
  • Space Academy for Educators
    • Benilde-St. Margaret's Weather
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2019, 05:12:22 PM »
   My VP 2 has been up 10 years and I have not had a fan. It is on a tripod on the roof and the ISS is 6 feet above the roof top. My temp readings are consistent and show only minor fluctuations when compared to the Solar Sensor readings. And, comparison with a station about 0.5 mile away, with fan, are very close (delta <1 degree). I had planned on getting a fan at some point but I continue to check out the data and it has remained very good without it so I will not be getting one.
   Good luck!
   Mark

Ditto. Sometimes mine is lower than places around me.

You can't phase me-I teach Middle School.
It's not you-It's WU.

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
    • Conditions @ CW2274 West Tucson-Painted Hills Ranch
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2019, 05:33:35 PM »
Since you're sticking on top a building, I wouldn't waste my money on a VP2, you might as well get an all-in-one and save a couple of hundred.

Offline gonz33

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2019, 06:54:52 PM »
Friend and what all in one do you recommend?

Jose.

Offline gonz33

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2019, 07:05:26 PM »
I live in Caracas, but I can buy in the United States and send to my house, I currently have a Davis Vantage Vue, since 2012 but I want to replace it with a new one, I like VP2.

José.

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
    • Conditions @ CW2274 West Tucson-Painted Hills Ranch
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2019, 07:29:33 PM »
I live in Caracas, but I can buy in the United States and send to my house, I currently have a Davis Vantage Vue, since 2012 but I want to replace it with a new one, I like VP2.

José.
With all due respect sir, the capabilities of the VP2 are over and above your place of sitting for the price point. You'll get just as good results with a Vue, for instance, than using a VP2 which is meant to be "properly" sat. However, obviously your $$$.

Offline gonz33

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2019, 09:46:07 AM »
Thank you for your comments, they are valid but I think different from you, I understand that a VP2 costs more money than the VUE and the information provided by the VUE is very good, but the VP2 is much more accurate, I currently have a VUE installed on the roof of the building where I live and I share meteorological information to the community, I have also seen many VP2 installed on the roofs of many buildings such as schools, companies, and provide excellent and accurate information, as I thank you for your comments.  [tup]

Jose.