Author Topic: Help with new vp2 please  (Read 604 times)

Offline Ahill

• Contributor
Help with new vp2 please
« on: April 27, 2024, 09:15:14 PM »
I just set up the anny with a separate wireless transmitter and the 6313 console. I am setting up the rest of the sensor suite at a later time after some construction around the house is done. I needed to setup the anny on top of the roof prior to everything.
I also have the weatherlink app on my phone.
The anny works properly and the wireless transmitter is sending data to the console just fine on a different channel than what the sensor suite is set up for. The console is also displaying the indoor temp, humidity, and barometric pressure just fine.
Here is the issue:
On the weatherlink app it displays the temp, humidity and pressure as is displayed on the console but the wind is not displaying on the app.
Also when i go into the settings it asks if i want to upgrade from “station tier basic” for $47. I am subscribed to the pro after paying the $47 when i set up the Weatherlink account on my phone. It also shows on my console my subscription is “pro”.
Is the wind not showing on the app have anything to do with the subscription and why is the pro not showing on the app but is in the console.
Am i missing something or setting something wrong?
Thanks

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
Re: Help with new vp2 please
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2024, 09:54:27 PM »
Wind not showing should have nothing to do with the subscription

Offline Ahill

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2024, 10:12:05 PM »
Weird all my other apps show on my phone under settings except for the weatherlink app.
I deleted the app and reinstalled it and the wind section now shows in the app but doesn’t display any data for wind.
Not sure if something is going on with the app itself or a setting im missing

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2024, 05:19:00 AM »
If the anemometer is on a separate transmitter then check that you have set up the 'primary ISS' correctly.

See the section 'Setting a primary ISS' at: https://www.manula.com/manuals/pws/davis-kb/1/en/topic/6313-console-set-up-and-tweaks
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline Ahill

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2024, 09:45:00 AM »
I haven’t setup the primary ISS yet. Only currently using the wireless transmitter and console.
Everything else works just fine. The wind displays on the console just not on the app

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2024, 09:49:08 AM »
Just do it!
Prodata Weather Systems
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline Ahill

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2024, 10:28:44 AM »
I assume you are referring to setting up the primary ISS? I was waiting until some construction around the house was complete before i set up the rest of the station.
Suppose someone only needed to monitor wind, which was my original intent, it only functions properly by having to connect a rain gauge and thermometer?

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2024, 12:15:38 PM »
It's the setting in the console settings - please see the link I gave you.
Prodata Weather Systems
Cambridge UK

Offline Ahill

• Contributor
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2024, 01:47:42 PM »
I did read the link which section in particular are you referring to thanks

Offline Ahill

• Contributor
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2024, 01:49:15 PM »
?

Offline Ahill

• Contributor
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2024, 04:30:14 PM »
This is the only section in the console that has to do with setting the stations.
I was originally just going to do wind readings and told i just needed an anny, a wireless transmitter, and console or other equipment to read the data and display it on a computer or the app.
The only reason i decided to just get the complete station is because it was more economical to do it that way.
The console has the ability to receive from 8 different transmitters or 8 different channels 1-8 to choose from. The transmitters are all the same and just need to be set to to the same channel as on the console. The transmitter that came with the station is by default set to channel 1. In the event someone else nearby is using that channel you can select anyone of the other 7 channels for example channel 2. Or if you have additional transmitters you can assign them to one of the other channels.
All i did was set the transmitter on the anny to channel 2 and set it to channel 2 on the console because in the future when i want to set up the remainder of the system which is by default set to channel 1 i don’t have to change anything.

I guess i  am still a bit confused on what you are implying to just do.
Have 2 transmitters running although i just need 1 for now? It will only work if i use the transmitter that came with the complete weather station, even though i was told i need not an entire weather station to just monitor wind? Switch the transmitter over to channel 1 the factory default, but what if a neighbor is already using channel 1, thats one of the reasons you can choose another channel as i did.
What am i missing here or is the firmware wonky.

Offline wsNoordbergum

• Contributor
    • wsNoordbergum
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2024, 06:17:56 PM »
Setup your transmitter as the primary station, it should be selectable by a tick on the sensor setup screen
And setup your transmitter as sensor transmitter, wind only by just selecting wind and deselecting the other sensors

When you installed your ISS then this will be your primary sensor and then deselect wind because you have the other transmitter for wind
It should be showing wind and the other sensors on your screen
Davis Vantage Pro 2 UV/Solar
Meteobridge nano SD
Ecowitt WS90 WH40 WH31 WH57 GW2000 HP2550_c
CumulusMX/raspberry Pi 4b

Offline Ahill

• Contributor
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2024, 07:52:08 PM »
Setup your transmitter as the primary station, it should be selectable by a tick on the sensor setup screen
And setup your transmitter as sensor transmitter, wind only by just selecting wind and deselecting the other sensors

When you installed your ISS then this will be your primary sensor and then deselect wind because you have the other transmitter for wind
It should be showing wind and the other sensors on your screen

Thanks for the great explanation, i have it now. Davis basically said the same thing to setup even a dummy station under another station ID as my primary and set it to wind. Then when i finally setup my real ISS use the same station ID and uncheck wind. There are many ways to skin a cat lol.
For whatever reason it needs a primary to work but i didn’t understand the way it was originally explained.