Author Topic: WU Shows Single Station Offline and Online for Two Locations  (Read 495 times)

Offline rpglennj

I've moved my Davis Vantage Pro 2 station from KOHOXFOR33 (Oxford, OH) last June.  Then I set up a new device as I'd just now set up the same station in Bulls Gap, TN (now KTNBULLS7).  However, when my station got connected, it showed up briefly under KOHOXFOR33.  I then deleted the old device in WU and created a new one, but now still shows my current location's (TN) conditions, reporting "Online" for that deleted station in OH.

I confirm my console's current conditions on the website for KOHOXFOR33 and I have NO idea how to delete that KOHOXFOR33 identity.  It is keeping my current station from being identified and located correctly and therefore "Offline."

It is reporting via Weatherlink correctly.

Any ideas or things to try?  I've been scrubbing through the forum trying to find an answer....

Offline ocala

• Forecaster
  • The blues had a baby and named it rock n roll
Re: WU Shows Single Station Offline and Online for Two Locations
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2023, 11:34:37 AM »
You may have already done this but under the my devices tab there is an edit button. in the information it shows  lat/lon coordinates. Now I didn't change mine but you might want to try that and see what happens.

Offline rpglennj

Re: WU Shows Single Station Offline and Online for Two Locations
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2023, 10:00:40 AM »
You may have already done this but under the my devices tab there is an edit button. in the information it shows  lat/lon coordinates. Now I didn't change mine but you might want to try that and see what happens.

Thanks for the suggestion.  It looks like once the station is added, you can't edit the lat/lon. 

I will try taking my station offline by unplugging the WL line from the router. After having unplugged it, it still shows "Online" for the KOHOXFOR33 station.  I'll give it some time to update on WU's end I guess.  Then I'll delete the station I just created.

I wonder if it got boogered up when I set up and brought the new station location online while the KOHOXFOR station was still existing....

anything