Author Topic: WeatherLink Console firmware update  (Read 3601 times)

Offline Garth Bock

• Table Rock Lake Weather
  • Forecaster
WeatherLink Console firmware update
« on: May 18, 2023, 03:39:14 PM »
If you get the Davis Email newsletter you already know but I thought I'd post the highlight here.

"firmware update (V1.2 will be pushed to consoles during the week of May 22nd), we added the following features:

Map Tab: See conditions and details for stations worldwide on your screen.

Remote Alarm Receiver: Set alarms on WeatherLink.com for any of your stations and send them to your console.

Remote Data Viewing: See the current conditions from your remote weather station on the console.

Energy Saver Mode: Choose to have the console screen go to sleep when you do.

Do Not Disturb: Set times where alarms do not wake the screen or make sounds.

Rain Recap Icon: Icons in the monthly review indicate days with rain.

Wake Up: Wake up the console with a single tap.

Sleep Mode: Set the number of minutes to enter sleep mode when not on primary power."

Offline sheffielder

Re: WeatherLink Console firmware update
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2023, 08:47:07 PM »
I just updated and the sky condition forecast bubble and also if you use that on a panel it doesn’t show up on your console but will on the other stations you might have that you have on WeatherLink. Now if you swipe left you get to see their data.  Not sure if I can get the sky condition forecast bubble back. I tried a reboot and went offline but nothing.  Let me know if anyone else has experienced this and if you were able to fix it. Thanks. Mike.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2023, 08:56:05 PM by sheffielder »

Offline cmelby76

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2023, 12:45:23 AM »
I too had trouble with the Sky Condition Bubble.  I selected heat index and saved and then redid the sky condition and came back. 

I also did a reset after the update as well.  With the R on the back since I thought that would fix the bubble but it didn’t.  But selecting another source and then back to sky condition worked for me.  Hope this helps.

Offline sheffielder

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2023, 08:48:04 AM »
Yep did that last night and still nothing but this morning it’s working so not sure if it fixed itself or what.  Thanks cmelby76.

Offline mongo

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2023, 10:05:08 AM »
I did the update this morning at 3:30. I thought it did the install automatically. I saw the button that said update software. Maybe it does auto install and I caught it just after the download after all it was early in the morning. It appears that the sunrise/sunset is now working without changing screens to update it. Still no ticker tape so far. It left when I did a factory reset. Sky condition bubble working now. I think we are on the right track. It would be a good feature to display a message on the ticker tape that a update is ready to install.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2023, 10:20:09 AM by mongo »
FW7415
KCOCASTL611
Stella Ranch WLL

Offline cmelby76

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2023, 12:32:43 AM »
Well that didn’t last long. Forecast bubble changed to 3 dots.  Tried everything and will not come back on.  I will check in morning. I did email Davis to check if there is a bug.  It will show the forecast for a few hours and then go away.  It came back on for about a hour and off. 

Anyone else seeing this?

Offline mongo

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2023, 06:14:19 AM »
Short lived. The sky condition or forecast bubble went back to 3 dots. On my second station after swiping the screen, the barometric trend bubble and display says N/A. But all day long the sunrise/sunset position of the sun worked and I think still does.
FW7415
KCOCASTL611
Stella Ranch WLL

Offline cmelby76

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2023, 01:13:38 PM »
Just got an email back from Davis.

They know of the issue and are working on it. He said it’s an issue with the servers and not our units for the forecast bubble.. 

He said they hope to have it resolved soon

Offline sheffielder

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2023, 03:44:06 PM »
Thanks mate for checking with them. I can stop trying to fix it now.

Offline mongo

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2023, 05:24:25 PM »
just talked to Bruce via email. let him know about my issues. he is working on it. just weird it works with one account and not the other.
FW7415
KCOCASTL611
Stella Ranch WLL

Offline cmelby76

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2023, 06:07:58 PM »
Yeah I’m working with Bruce as well. He wanted my last 6 digits of my serial number to pass to the engineers. 

He said he has had several reports of this and they are working on it

Offline cmelby76

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2023, 07:40:15 PM »
My forecast bubble is back on.  Anyone else?

Offline mongo

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2023, 09:55:18 PM »
nope. you must have some pull.
FW7415
KCOCASTL611
Stella Ranch WLL

Offline sheffielder

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2023, 10:29:47 PM »
Same here. Still the same.

Offline Nwtravler

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2023, 10:39:22 PM »
My display updated last night, I knew it because today the display was black. It was still logging data but no display. Tapped the screen, pushed the screen, unplugged, nope nada. Pushed the power cycle button on the back and plugged back in, the unit booted up and we have display.

The function I really cared about was the sleep function. The option is to have it sleep after x miniutes of inactivity in low light.  WTF!  They could have let me set a sleep/wake time but went with this BS setting. 8 believe the issue I had was it defaulted to 2 min for sleep and the ambiant light sensor was off.

This is a freaking joke of a sleep function,we'll see tonight if it actually turns off or if it comes back on tomorrow. My guess is since we don't have a blindingly bright living room the thing will sleep way before we do.

Offline cmelby76

« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2023, 12:07:56 AM »
Mine has been working.  Not sure for how long but it’s working.  Maybe email Bruce at Davis support and give him your last 6 of your S/N.  That’s what I did and he sent it to the engineers.  They might of fixed my unit that way..  So far it’s working but I’ll see in the morning.

As for the sleep mine works fine.  My living room is normal lighted and when we turn off the lights it will go to sleep 2 min after and wake up in the morning. Kinda wish we could set times but I will take this. 

Offline sheffielder

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2023, 09:26:35 AM »
Good morning cmelby76, can I get Bruce’s email? I would like to let him know I am having the same issues. Mine was black this morning and needed a restart. Still don’t have the forecast bubble yet.

Thanks

Mike

Offline cmelby76

« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2023, 01:46:19 PM »
It’s support@davisinstruments.com

Just write them and say Hi Bruce.  Let him know you’re having the same problem. Give hime your last 6 of your S/N

Offline sheffielder

« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2023, 03:17:50 PM »
Cheers will do!

Offline sheffielder

« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2023, 11:02:56 PM »
Good news. I emailed them already a couple hours back and it’s fixed already. Thanks again.

Offline miraculon

• Sunrise Side Weather
  • Forecaster
  • KE8DAF
    • Sunrise Side Weather in Rogers City MI USA
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2023, 08:46:21 AM »
Just got an email back from Davis.

They know of the issue and are working on it. He said it’s an issue with the servers and not our units for the forecast bubble.. 

He said they hope to have it resolved soon

Mine is still showing the three dots. I gave up and changed it to indicate Humidity (%).

I am curious as to why it wouldn't be the units, since when I 'swipe' to other stations, the forcecast icon shows properly...

Greg H.

Blitzortung Stations #706 and #1682
CoCoRaHS: MI-PI-1
CWOP: CW4114 and KE8DAF-13
WU: KMIROGER7
Amateur Radio Callsign: KE8DAF

Offline cmelby76

« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2023, 01:51:02 PM »
Email Davis. They will fix it. They will need your last 6 of S/N.  Email is in my last post

Offline cmelby76

« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2023, 01:51:53 PM »
Good news. I emailed them already a couple hours back and it’s fixed already. Thanks again.

They fixed mine in a few hours as well.  Glad I was able to help you out!

Offline sheffielder

« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2023, 03:40:10 PM »
Appreciate it!

Offline miraculon

• Sunrise Side Weather
  • Forecaster
  • KE8DAF
    • Sunrise Side Weather in Rogers City MI USA
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2023, 08:25:31 AM »
The claim that the problem with the forecast icon is "with the servers" doesn't exactly square with needing to contact Davis and get a specific fix for a given console...

Greg H.

Blitzortung Stations #706 and #1682
CoCoRaHS: MI-PI-1
CWOP: CW4114 and KE8DAF-13
WU: KMIROGER7
Amateur Radio Callsign: KE8DAF