Author Topic: WeatherLink Console firmware update  (Read 3558 times)

Offline cmelby76

Re: WeatherLink Console firmware update
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2023, 01:19:41 PM »
I know, but that is the email I got back and he asked for my S/N.  So I’m not sure what the real issue is but if you want it to work it, it sounds like you have to email.

Offline ardsar

• Weather Plymouth
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2023, 11:26:16 AM »
My forecast bubble and forecast chance of rain tab has disappeared today. Tried the tips above, none worked. 

Offline Nwtravler

« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2023, 11:30:06 AM »
Data uploads to WeatherLink and Weather Underground stopped with the update. Checked all setting and connections, everything was connected to data.  Power cycle got the uploads working. Then this morning the display wouldn't come back on.  Another power cycle to get it working.

Offline ardsar

• Weather Plymouth
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2023, 12:25:46 PM »
In addition to the bubble issue, I have had slow screen response first thing in the morning. Sent the rolling to Davis Support

I’ve noticed each morning the device is very slow and unresponsive to screen touches. Data takes a long time to display.

On further investigation I believe this is down to the sleep /energy saver mode. I can reproduce the issue by-

1. Removing the power. Device remains responsive until the screen goes blank after 5 mins. On waking up, device response has reduced. Pressing reset on back or power cycling resolves the issue.

2. Turning off lights in evening and letting it sleep. When woken up it is slow to respond. Pressing reset or power cycling resolves the issue.

Offline cmelby76

« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2023, 12:40:41 PM »
Same here. I reached out to Davis

Offline ardsar

• Weather Plymouth
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2023, 12:19:32 PM »
After 5 days I got a really useless response from them

Tom Raymond (Davis Instruments)
Jun 2, 2023, 8:37 AM PDT

Hello,

I don't see this on my console. Please call 510-732-7814 your console may be defective.

The forecast icon should be fixed on firmware update 1.2.8
Tom Raymond
Technical Support
Davis Instruments

Not gonna call as I’m in the uk!

Offline cmelby76

« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2023, 12:30:23 PM »
It wasn’t working just before the new update. I went to the. 7 day forecast and then back to the Home Screen and the bubble was working. Then the new update came. It’s weird that some are still having problems.  I think it’s a Davis problem

Offline mongo

« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2023, 06:52:02 PM »
Mine seems to be working for a while now. I still have no barometric trend on my second screen.
FW7415
KCOCASTL611
Stella Ranch WLL

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2023, 06:21:22 AM »
See that a new firmware update to v1.2.13 (OS = v1.2.11) was pushed overnight for me in the UK.

Obviously just a minor update though no changelog details yet to hand. Only obvious difference is that there is now a very short text summary of the forecast in the ticker area. If anyone spots any other changes then please add in this thread.

For anyone interested, I do try to keep a list of 6313 firmware updates, along with as much confirmed information as is available, in the main 6313 Weatherlink console section at:

https://www.manula.com/manuals/pws/davis-kb/1/en/topic/weatherlink-console-firmware-versions
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline barber

« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2023, 08:00:12 AM »
After the latest update, I am no longer seeing the sunrise/sunset graphic on the display

Offline mongo

« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2023, 08:39:02 AM »
I'm seeing sunrise /set on second screen but not on console first screen. Still no bar trend on second screen. also just noticed ticker tape is giving me a forecast. I was told earlier by support that only works when offline.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2023, 08:59:34 AM by mongo »
FW7415
KCOCASTL611
Stella Ranch WLL

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2023, 03:50:29 PM »
I'm seeing sunrise /set on second screen but not on console first screen.

By the 'second screen' do you mean swipe right once from the default current-weather data screen? So you are now presumably calling up data from weatherlink.com for the next station on your list of saved stations in your 6313 console account at wl.com?

As I understand it, there is going to be only one current data screen that is receiving data direct from your local Vue/VP2 transmitters. Any other swipe left/right screens are going to be pulling data from wl.com.

Just checking my understanding of what is being displayed.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2023, 03:52:02 PM by johnd »
Prodata Weather Systems
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline barber

« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2023, 04:42:07 PM »
I took it to mean that he is seeing the sunrise/sunset information under the Current tab on the house icon screen

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2023, 05:47:53 PM »
I took it to mean that he is seeing the sunrise/sunset information under the Current tab on the house icon screen

We really need an agreed terminology for the screens. Davis seem to recognise 6 top-level screens currently:

1. The default Display screen, ie the tiled Current-weather screen with the wind rose in the centre.
2. The forecast/summary screen that provides access to all the other screens via the top row icons
3. Graph screen
4. Data or Browse screen
5. Map screen
6. Account screen (which I would much rather they had called Settings and given a cogwheel icon) and which has various child screens accessed via the menu options listed at the left.

But then the Display screen [1] actually has child screens that we could label 1a, 1b, 1c etc that are accessible by swiping left and right if you have multiple stations listed in your account at weatherlink.com

So 1a is the display screen for data received direct from the local transmitters and then 1b, 1c etc are the screens for other stations at weatherlink.com.

So I agree with the observation that the SRSS (sunrise/set) times and graphic have disappeared from 1a, but are there in the 1b, 1c etc data downloaded from weatherlink/com.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2023, 06:10:49 PM by johnd »
Prodata Weather Systems
Cambridge UK

Offline cmelby76

« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2023, 01:13:15 AM »
If anyone’s sunrise/sunset is still missing, reset console by pushing in R on back with paper clip

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
« Reply #40 on: July 06, 2023, 07:37:54 AM »
If anyone’s sunrise/sunset is still missing, reset console by pushing in R on back with paper clip

It does seem like these minor firmware updates don't always trigger an automatic restart post install. So always trying a manual reset would seem like a sensible step if there is any apparent bug post firmware update. (Or even if there is an initial reset then trying a second manual one to complete the process may be worthwhile before concluding that there is a real bug.)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2023, 08:47:30 AM by johnd »
Prodata Weather Systems
Cambridge UK

Offline Mapantz

• Forecaster
    • Wareham Weather
« Reply #41 on: July 06, 2023, 03:53:27 PM »
Is there a way to clear a cache partition on the Davis console?

It's well known that after a large update on an Android device, it's always worth clearing the cache partition. That is not a reset, by thew way.

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
« Reply #42 on: July 06, 2023, 04:20:31 PM »
Is there a way to clear a cache partition on the Davis console?

Nothing explicit and there is no visibility into the OS at present. Perhaps someone will find a way of dropping down into the OS with a suitable hack, but right now the only available tool is a manual reset via the 'R' button.

Edit: Actually, I don't know exactly what the 'P' pinhole on the back might do - maybe Program, which might be an option. But I also know of one instance of a user apparently bricking the console by trying too hard to hack it, so I am being cautious.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2023, 08:00:53 AM by johnd »
Prodata Weather Systems
Cambridge UK

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
« Reply #43 on: July 07, 2023, 05:41:13 AM »
Changelog for v1.2.13:

Fixes:
Home screen: "Current Weather" tab: The Daily average wind chill displayed in Fahrenheit had been labeled as Centigrade "C".
Device Info: If a station is disconnected, the “Signal” quality now shows as "-"
Main Screen: Wind speed will display a dash when there is no data (Not the same as zero wind speed).
Main Screen: Moon image for Users in the Southern Hemisphere now shows correctly (I.E. Reversed from Northern Hemisphere)
Alarms: Falling/Rising Barometer states the time interval "3- hour trend"
Map Search: For Arabic locations, the search result are now right-aligned
Device Information: - The station column is wider with an increase spacing between the dividers
Overall: Corrected an issue affecting responsiveness/performance
Main Screen: Corrected issue causing the forecast bubbles to disappear

Enhancements:
Forecast on Ticker Bar: Forecast for a WeatherLink.com connected device is now displayed in the Ticker bar
Prodata Weather Systems
Cambridge UK

Offline barber

« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2023, 09:09:56 AM »

I have reset my console to restore the missing sunrise/sunset and was successful, it reappeared. Lasted one day, now missing again. Repeat R button reset, again lasted one day now going again. ](*,)

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2023, 09:14:48 AM »
....lasted one day now going again.

Davis developers are aware of this continuing bug.
Prodata Weather Systems
Cambridge UK

Offline Mapantz

• Forecaster
    • Wareham Weather
« Reply #46 on: July 13, 2023, 09:43:18 AM »
The 'R' on the back is not a reset button, it's a reboot button.

anything