Author Topic: Conventional Weather Station VS Ultrasonic, whats best ?  (Read 1376 times)

Offline paulcnn

Conventional Weather Station VS Ultrasonic, whats best ?
« on: January 06, 2023, 09:14:37 AM »
I'd like to buy a new weather station which is accurate and reliable, I am just not sure which one to buy.

Available in mainland EU and use EU WiFi
Best to run on solar (internal battery backup OK. External AC/DC is no-go)
Must be able to connect to popular weather web sites
Can take more sensors
With indoor sensor
A decent console not like the old fashioned Davis one.
Something that doesnt need to be connected to a PC.
Sensors that I need pressure, wind, rain, temperature, humidity, UV and if possible lightning sensor to.
Must operate in Europe.

Are the ultrasonic all in one station relaible and durable such as the Tempest or Ecowitt sensors.  Davis looks good, just that old fashioned display puts me back.  Is there something else that i Should consider thanks

Offline Garth Bock

• Table Rock Lake Weather
  • Forecaster
Re: Conventional Weather Station VS Ultrasonic, whats best ?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2023, 09:19:42 AM »
Buy just the ISS without console (if you can)  and order the new Davis Color Console.

Offline paulcnn

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2023, 09:32:59 AM »
Thanks Garth any reliable european website besides amazon to buy from the EU ? Yes I saw that they are launching the new console thanks

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2023, 04:22:02 PM »
So is your priority something that works well, you mention of Ultrasonic etc or looks good  :grin: This display thing many put forward tends to highlight some difference in thinking, like is a desk type display (as such) even required today? You have quite a list there and the mention of Ultrasonic, especially some all-in-ones does become a factor and this does appear to be a limitation in your list?.

Offline paulcnn

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2023, 03:08:59 AM »
Hi Mattk

Just asking I dont know if the ultrasonic all in one are reliable compared to a Davis station ?