Author Topic: ImageSalsa on 64-bit Vista  (Read 5514 times)

Offline rmonroe

ImageSalsa on 64-bit Vista
« on: August 19, 2009, 12:41:18 PM »
I have been trying to move ImageSalsa from a 32-bit Vista machine to a 64-bit Vista machine. I have been getting a "blue screen" crash that indicates a problem with the IRQ / driver configuration. The video capture device (Diamond VC500 USB) works fine with the software supplied with the VC500 and the downloaded 64-bit driver. The VC500 shows up on the ImageSalsa video configuration dialog list of devices and ImageSalsa will display the video feed in the preview window. About the time the video configuration dialog is closed, the machine crashes.

Does anyone know if there are known issues (and possible workarounds) with ImageSalsa on a 64-bit OS? ImageSalsa worked OK on 32-bit Vista.

I am using ImageSalsa version 2.0.13.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

Offline W3DRM

• Forecaster
    • Emmett Weather
Re: ImageSalsa on 64-bit Vista
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2009, 07:39:17 PM »
Suggestion: Contact Ambient for info on running IS on a 64-bit machine.
Don - W3DRM - Emmett, Idaho --- Blitzortung ID: 808 --- FlightRadar24 ID: F-KBOI7
Davis Wireless VP2, WD 10.37s150,
StartWatch, VirtualVP, VPLive, Win10 Pro
--- Logitech HD Pro C920 webcam (off-line)
--- RIPE Atlas Probe - 32849

Offline racenet

• Forecaster
    • NH Weather Data
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2009, 12:06:03 AM »
ImageSalsa isn't Ambient software. You will need to contact the software author here: http://www.imagesalsa.com/support2.htm#RequestForm

Bob

www.theamericanflagstore.com - The American Flag Store

www.nhweatherdata.com - NH Weather Data

Offline rmonroe

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2009, 06:07:17 AM »
I did submit the question on the ImageSalsa support page before posting to this forum. I don't know how long it takes them to respond so I thought I would try this forum as well.

Offline sam2004gp

• Mount Crawford, Virginia
  • Forecaster
  • Weeeeeeeee!!!!
    • Mount Crawford Weather, VA
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2009, 06:44:44 AM »
I was in contact with the ImageSalsa developer about 6 months ago.  He stated that he was no longer developing the program.  So basically the program stands where it stands.  I hope he will at least give you some type of support for it.
SAM --->>> http://www.mountcrawfordweather.org
OS WMR-968 with a Dedicated PWS Weather Computer running VWS v13.01 p09

Offline rmonroe

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2009, 09:39:38 AM »
The lack of ImageSalsa support is, unfortunately, what I expected. It looks like I am left to my own devices. Just to let you know what I am looking at, here is my situation:

ImageSalsa has all the features that I need and have grown to rely on. From my testing, it looks like the video feed is the one piece of IS that is broken on 64-bit Vista. My current plan is to circumvent the problem by using a separate program to do the video capture. For my website, I need a jpeg image file created with a fixed file name at 30 second intervals. If I use an external program to create the jpeg file, I can point ImageSalsa at the file as my image source. The biggest question is what program to use to capture the image and save the jpeg file. I have been looking for a program that will automatically save a snapshot as some interval. So far I have only found programs that do it manually, through a UI. If anyone out there knows of an inexpensive (or freeware) video capture program that will do this, I would greatly appreciate hearing about it. The only other alternative is to write it myself. I found the sample code to do this and I will do it if I have to but I would rather not.

So, if anyone knows of video capture software that runs on 64-bit Vista and allows automatic creation of snapshots at intervals, I would love to hear about it.

Thanks.

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2009, 12:14:52 PM »
Have you looked at http://www.nchsoftware.com/capture/index.html ? Runs in Vista 64
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

anything