Author Topic: Strange issue with my console/logger  (Read 309 times)

Offline PraveenC31

Strange issue with my console/logger
« on: January 13, 2019, 02:22:48 AM »
Hi All,

Today morning I woke up at 7AM checked temperature everything fine and went back to sleep.

When I got up again at 815, the weewx reports had stopped at 710AM and WU also showed not reporting since an hour. I found that the power bank connecting to my raspberry pi had drained out somehow (no power cut overnight, so thats a mystery as to how it drained out). So I took out power bank put it on charge separately and connected mains to pi directly (I use a pwoer bank that supports pass thru charging)

Now WU updates started but weewx reports got stuck at 815. I noticed that weewx.sdb was not being updated with any new data. After multiple experiments, I finally resorted to powering off and on the console and also clearing the data logger (I use belfryboy logger) and re initializing the logger also. Now everything is fine.

But I noticed that the console lost the Temperature low data when powering off. It shows the low as 14.8c at 540am whereas it was 13.9c at 7am. I thought the console is not supposed to lose data on power off.

I also noticed that 3 days back the console was showing "New Moon" for 3 days in row and I had to put console in setup mode and out to change it.

Could it be that console software was acting up causing pi also to hang up, draw lot of current from power bank and drain it out? Has anyone experienced anything like this before?

Regards,
Praveen
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 02:25:44 AM by PraveenC31 »