Author Topic: VP2+ Downunder!  (Read 1428 times)

Offline eastcoaster84

VP2+ Downunder!
« on: May 02, 2018, 04:36:45 AM »
Greetings from Downunder!

Since purchasing my Davis VP2+ 10 months ago I have found the forum to be a wealth of knowledge, so I thought I'd drop in and say G'day and share my setup.

Far from a perfect setup, but who's is in the middle of suburbia? I’m located in the village of Lane Cove which is about 6 miles NW of Sydney, Australia as the crow flies. The station is located on the roof of our 8 story apartment building, where it is mounted to the railing of the parapet. I’m at a high point in the local topography here which means there is always some sort of breeze blowing hence the reason I opted for the standard shield vs the aspirated. Generally my readings come in cooler than the surrounding BOM stations closer to ground level.

My data is on WU here

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=ISYDNEY167#history

Here are a few snaps

Looking south towards the city

Looking SW

Looking West

Looking west again

:grin:

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
Re: VP2+ Downunder!
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2018, 09:15:57 AM »
Hi, and welcome to the forum from Komoka, Canada.

Station looks nice, and you do what you can within your environment.  I presume that is the beautiful view of downtown Sydney and the Sydney Harbour Bridge.

Looked up  Lane Cove and see it is not too far from Chatswood where we stayed for the month of June 2005 while there for our son's wedding in Sydney.  He married a girl from Parkes, NSW.  The wedding photo's were taken underneath the bridge and Luna Park.

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline Glenn

• Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2018, 09:23:51 AM »
Very nice pics! The first one with the city in the background is really cool.
Acurite 5 in 1 Pro+
Southern VT
Connecticut

Offline Skywatch

• !!Warning!! I'm a Skywarn certified storm spotter and insane like one!
  • Forecaster
  • Hakuna Matata (Timon and Pumba)
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2018, 02:10:36 AM »
Welcome to the forum! That's an awesome setup there! I hope you enjoy this community of weather geeks.
I live in an apartment and for the moment am not a home weather watcher.

I am a storm chaser.