Author Topic: Biden on weather  (Read 4886 times)

Offline Garth Bock

• Table Rock Lake Weather
  • Forecaster
Biden on weather
« on: September 08, 2021, 11:44:44 AM »
"The members of Congress know, from their colleagues in Congress that, uh, you know, the, looks like a tornado, they don't call them that anymore, that hit the crops and wetlands in the middle of the country, in Iowa and Nevada. It's just across the board."

Biden's definition of a tornado....   #-o  :lol:

Offline vreihen

• El Niño chaser
  • Forecaster
  • K2BIG
Re: Biden on weather
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2021, 04:46:20 PM »
You should have seen him in NYC and NJ yesterday, blaming the Ida floods on climate change and pushing his trillions-dollar infrastructure bill as the remedy.

He was standing in the exact same photo-op spot that has flooded every 5 years ever since Truman was in the White House...and probably long before that.  How about just condemning that whole cesspool of a town instead of paying to rebuild it again?????
WU Gold Stars for everyone! :lol:

Offline ocala

• Forecaster
  • The blues had a baby and named it rock n roll
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2021, 04:55:27 PM »
This thread will not end well.

Offline Garth Bock

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2021, 05:29:22 PM »
I should have titled this - When Politicians Comment on the Weather.

I am an EOFP - Equal Opportunity Fun Poker - Not bashing Biden, and I make fun of Trump too.

Trump was outside during the hurricane and his hair didn't move. His hairspray is made by Gorilla Glue....

Offline vreihen

• El Niño chaser
  • Forecaster
  • K2BIG
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2021, 06:11:00 PM »
This isn't about climate change or politicians.  It's about the definition of insanity...doing the same thing over and over for decades expecting different results.

The area in question flooded when the native Americans inhabited it, and probably flooded the exact same way when cave dwellers were roaming the lowlands of NJ.  It's a vicious cycle of taking the insurance money to pay for the last flood, fixing/flipping the house to another generation of homeowners who don't read the newspaper and can't read the freely-available FEMA flood plain maps, and then either writing the checks all over again in 5-10 years or surprising the new residents when they find out that their homeowner's insurance specifically excludes flood damage unless they paid through the nose for an additional flood insurance policy.....
WU Gold Stars for everyone! :lol:

Offline Garth Bock

• Forecaster
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2021, 06:25:20 PM »
This thread will not end well.

I hope not. I just thought it was an embarrassingly funny statement about tornadoes.

Offline SnowHiker

• Forecaster
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2021, 07:24:33 PM »
I hope not. I just thought it was an embarrassingly funny statement about tornadoes.
Please use the modern name for tornadoes so that younger people know what you're talking about.

:-)

[Edit: added smiley to show this was meant as a joke as some may have trouble figuring it out.]
« Last Edit: September 09, 2021, 01:36:53 AM by SnowHiker »

Offline chief-david

• Educational Weather
  • Forecaster
  • Space Academy for Educators
    • Benilde-St. Margaret's Weather
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2021, 08:25:52 PM »
He did not understand   

Derecho

You can't phase me-I teach Middle School.
It's not you-It's WU.

Offline Garth Bock

• Forecaster
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2021, 09:32:04 PM »
Done with this too. Guess Gerald Ford and Dan Quayle weren't funny either.

Oh and being from the Midwest... a tornado is still a tornado...

Offline ocala

• Forecaster
  • The blues had a baby and named it rock n roll
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2021, 04:03:23 PM »
I just meant that anything political, left or right usually goes off the rails pretty quick.
And what ever side your on is WRONG!
 :grin:

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
  • Tonto to Lone Ranger : "never take off mask.
    • turned off
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2021, 04:49:24 PM »
Someone should do a poll on  have you been vaccinated fully yet?   do you wear a mask when in a crowd?   Do you believe the recent weather hitting the USA is due to accelerated climate change?   Do you believe in climate change?   Has we pissed off God real good this time around on how we treat the earth?

Now there you have something rather than  going after presidents.  By the way have you ever looked at how "45?  when written out in block numbers look like a schwaztica ?

Offline Garth Bock

• Forecaster
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2021, 04:50:46 PM »

=D> =D> :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
    • turned off
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2021, 04:56:36 PM »

Now you know we are never wrong. 

Offline Garth Bock

• Forecaster
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2021, 05:13:05 PM »
1. Someone should do a poll on  have you been vaccinated fully yet?  2. do you wear a mask when in a crowd? 3.  Do you believe the recent weather hitting the USA is due to accelerated climate change? 4.  Do you believe in climate change?   5. Has we pissed off God real good this time around on how we treat the earth?

Now there you have something rather than  going after presidents.  By the way have you ever looked at how "45?  when written out in block numbers look like a schwaztica ?

1. Played in the creek on the farm, drank rainwater, and ate snow in the 60's so natural immunity.
2. I wear a mask only when robbing someone.
3. No not where I'm at
4. Only when my ex girlfriend walks in the bar... another ice age starts. She is now Frosty The No Man...
5. No he is standing in line behind Mother Nature... She is kicking our ass first.

(Just kidding everyone)  Masked and Vaxed here. Lost my best friend and a buddy to Covid and a friend of mine just tested positive after we had breakfast. I tested negative. As for the swastika comment... My grandfather's cousin was one of Hitler's generals. ( Did you know that Hitler's father changed their last name from Schiklgruber to Hitler ?)

Offline Garth Bock

• Forecaster
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2021, 05:20:55 PM »

Now you know we are never wrong.
Don't you think if I was wrong.... I'd know it ! - Sheldon Cooper   TBBT

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
    • Conditions @ CW2274 West Tucson-Painted Hills Ranch
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2021, 07:34:54 PM »
By the way have you ever looked at how "45?  when written out in block numbers look like a schwaztica ?
I'd be ROTFFL at your inane comment except that your boy and his party in the WH are the ones whose turning the country in to Nazi Germany...but that's NOTHING to laugh about. After today's "speech" all he's done is alienate half the country AGAIN against each other. I'm NOT stuck...nor will I BE stuck. One hundred million righteous American's and the 2nd make for one hell of an army....and that's EXACTLY where we're headed. Make no mistake.

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
    • Valentine Nebraska's Real-Time Weather
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2021, 08:11:39 PM »
By the way have you ever looked at how "45?  when written out in block numbers look like a schwaztica ?
I'd be ROTFFL at your inane comment except that your boy and his party in the WH are the ones whose turning the country in to Nazi Germany...but that's NOTHING to laugh about. After today's "speech" all he's done is alienate half the country AGAIN against each other. I'm NOT stuck...nor will I BE stuck. One hundred million righteous American's and the 2nd make for one hell of an army....and that's EXACTLY where we're headed. Make no mistake.

=D> =D>
Randy

Offline SnowHiker

• Forecaster
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2021, 08:40:25 PM »
Someone should do a poll on  have you been vaccinated fully yet?   
No.  You can ridicule it all you want, but if you were truly of the party of science you would realize there is such a thing as natural immunity.  I have had the virus, you can bet I am as safe as any vaccinated person.

do you wear a mask when in a crowd? 
No.  Again, I have a certain amount of immunity which is better than wearing an ineffective mask in order to show my mindless obedience.  All the fearful people who are so afraid of getting the Wuhan Virus from me should be vaccinated. After all don't the vaccines work?  So if you are vaccinated why are you so scared?  If you're so scared, keep away!  I don't like being around scared whiners anyway.  I'm not going to give up my life and constantly wear an unhealthy mask because of the ignorance and phobias of others.

Do you believe the recent weather hitting the USA is due to accelerated climate change?   Do you believe in climate change?   
Yes! It's called WEATHER!  :roll:

Has we pissed off God real good this time around on how we treat the earth?

If you believe in God, ask Him, read the Bible, or whatever.  If you don't believe in God, then what does it matter?  I don't think this is a place for irreverent religious questions.

I know you have never gone against presidents or politicians in the past, you're always so careful not to get into politics or offend.  :roll:

I know if I wanted to go after Biden I would talk about what a disgrace he has been and how he has betrayed the country, not about his incoherent babblings.

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2021, 09:07:57 PM »
I just wish they would stop fiddling with the data to fake the numbers they think they need to justify whatever it is they are trying to justify, leave the weather alone, the weather will do whatever the weather wants to do and has been doing so since day zero. Every day there is some lost soul who has only the one answer regardless what the question is

- Parrots are apparently growing longer beaks, yep it's climate change
- Warming started in the 1700's, when up, went down, went down some more, went up a little and they still don't get
- They make a big deal re CO2 but currently the lowest it's ever been in known history, what's the excuse of the extremely high CO2 in the past million years, they don;t want to know
- It rains, it's climate change
- It doesn't rain, it's climate change
- Many sprout average global temperature, which can never be a direct "observation" yet they claim accuracy to fractions of a degree
- some need an excuse for every little thing 

Offline davidmc36

• He who dies with the most toys wins!
  • Forecaster
  • FN25ie61jw
    • MorewoodW34
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2021, 09:10:44 PM »
.....constantly wear an unhealthy mask ....

What is the issue? Wore a mask at work for 12 hours straight every second day for last 18 months. No issues.

Offline SnowHiker

• Forecaster
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2021, 09:51:44 PM »
What is the issue? Wore a mask at work for 12 hours straight every second day for last 18 months. No issues.
My understanding is that bacteria breeding in front of your face may not be good for you.  But then, maybe it helps build up your immune system, but what does that matter if you're going to get a vaccine anyway?  Besides not being comfortable, hindering communication, etc.  I don't see how it can be healthy.

So why don't you get fully vaccinated?  If you are vaccinated, then aren't you safe? If you're safe then why are you wearing a mask?  Or have what they've told us in the past about vaccines being fully effective and the end-all been all wrong?  Sort of like how we were only going to have to wear masks for a couple of weeks when this all started?

Maybe wearing a mask has been good for you, and maybe you enjoy it.  I'm sure many people have said that there were no issues after having smoked for 18 months also.  Time will tell all the unintended consequences of all this stuff being pushed.

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
    • turned off
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2021, 12:24:40 AM »
Wearing your mask pulled down beneath your nose actually HELPS other people...
...estimate your IQ.

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
    • Conditions @ CW2274 West Tucson-Painted Hills Ranch
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2021, 12:44:04 AM »

Offline SnowHiker

• Forecaster
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2021, 12:57:35 AM »
If people would take their masks and put them over their exhaust pipes, we could cut down on the particulates released into the air, and we would all be doing our part to reduce climate change.

Then maybe we wouldn't have to remember the names for all those weather phenomena type things, like whatever tornadoes are now called, because they wouldn't exist.

I think masks may be the answer to all the world's problems!  :idea:

« Last Edit: September 10, 2021, 01:08:14 AM by SnowHiker »

Offline weather34

• Forecaster
    • https://weather34.com/homeweatherstation
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2021, 03:33:30 AM »
Someone should do a poll on  have you been vaccinated fully yet?   
No.  You can ridicule it all you want, but if you were truly of the party of science you would realize there is such a thing as natural immunity.  I have had the virus, you can bet I am as safe as any vaccinated person.

do you wear a mask when in a crowd? 
No.  Again, I have a certain amount of immunity which is better than wearing an ineffective mask in order to show my mindless obedience.  All the fearful people who are so afraid of getting the Wuhan Virus from me should be vaccinated. After all don't the vaccines work?  So if you are vaccinated why are you so scared?  If you're so scared, keep away!  I don't like being around scared whiners anyway.  I'm not going to give up my life and constantly wear an unhealthy mask because of the ignorance and phobias of others.

Do you believe the recent weather hitting the USA is due to accelerated climate change?   Do you believe in climate change?   
Yes! It's called WEATHER!  :roll:

Has we pissed off God real good this time around on how we treat the earth?

If you believe in God, ask Him, read the Bible, or whatever.  If you don't believe in God, then what does it matter?  I don't think this is a place for irreverent religious questions.

I know you have never gone against presidents or politicians in the past, you're always so careful not to get into politics or offend.  :roll:

I know if I wanted to go after Biden I would talk about what a disgrace he has been and how he has betrayed the country, not about his incoherent babblings.

need a sense of humor…  :grin: :grin:

stop complaining your nose is too big to wear a mask , i still have to wear underpants… :grin:

if mRNA vaccine alters our DNA why am I still ugly .. :grin:

ps doubled mRNA Pfizer-BioNTech vaxed since April appointment for third dose next tuesday…!!

« Last Edit: September 10, 2021, 03:41:33 AM by weather34 »

anything