Author Topic: Year rain total has doubled  (Read 4731 times)

Offline Old Geaser

Year rain total has doubled
« on: July 01, 2007, 12:46:34 AM »
I have the La Crosse WS 3610 weather station. I have had it close to a year. I also up link to WUHU Weather.  Every thing has been working fine.

A few days ago the yearly rain jumped from approximately 30 inches to 60 inches.  I had a similar situation a month or so ago and tried to correct it and ended up resetting it to zero.  I could not get it set to the correct total.  I emailed LaCrosse tech and did not get a reply.

Is there some way I can change the total rain using the computer?  I cannot figure how to do it using the wx station.  Any help on this?

On another subject, I have tried to use two other pay software programs and could not get them to work.    Thanks

Bert      :-({|=

Offline wuhu_software

• Forecaster
    • WUHU Software Yahoo Group
Re: Year rain total has doubled
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2007, 07:36:17 AM »
Quote from: "Old Geaser"
I have the La Crosse WS 3610 weather station. I have had it close to a year. I also up link to WUHU Weather.  Every thing has been working fine.

A few days ago the yearly rain jumped from approximately 30 inches to 60 inches.  I had a similar situation a month or so ago and tried to correct it and ended up resetting it to zero.  I could not get it set to the correct total.  I emailed LaCrosse tech and did not get a reply.

Is there some way I can change the total rain using the computer?  I cannot figure how to do it using the wx station.  Any help on this?

On another subject, I have tried to use two other pay software programs and could not get them to work.    Thanks

Bert,

To reset the rain total, exit WUHU then run Heavyweather.

Once Heavyweather is communicating with the console (data is displayed), under the rain total tank icon, right click the button that displays the rain total. A menu will be displayed where you can reset the rain total.

Let me know if you have a problem with it.

Offline wuhu_software

• Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2007, 07:37:26 AM »
Quote from: "wuhu_software"

Bert,

Once Heavyweather is communicating with the console (data is displayed), under the rain total tank icon, right click the button that displays the rain total. A menu will be displayed where you can reset the rain total.

Bert, scratch the above instructions, that was for a WS-23XX.

Let me look at Heavyweather Pro.

Offline wuhu_software

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2007, 07:46:34 AM »

Bert,

Bert, scratch the above instructions, that was for a WS-23XX.

Let me look at Heavyweather Pro.

Bert,

For the WS-36XX, Exit WUHU, run Heavyweather Pro. When the data is displayed, double click the rain total button (lower right). When the menu is displayed, a Reset button will be displayed.

Offline Old Geaser

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2007, 09:31:37 AM »
Thanks for the reply.  I did as you said and the reading now is 0.00.  Better than 60. (Thought I may be back in New Guinea)

When resetting I did not see a way to insert the actual year rainfall.  Is there a way to change the total 0.00 to 30.xx?   Thanks

Bert

Offline wuhu_software

• Forecaster
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2007, 12:47:52 PM »
Thanks for the reply.  I did as you said and the reading now is 0.00.  Better than 60. (Thought I may be back in New Guinea)

When resetting I did not see a way to insert the actual year rainfall.  Is there a way to change the total 0.00 to 30.xx?   Thanks

Bert

Bert,

I doubt there is any way to force the console's memory to accept a new user entered rainfall total.

Due to the lack of REAL data integrity checking in the La Crosse protocols, I have decided to never write any memory location on the consoles.

Apparently, writing to the console could cause the EEPROM to be damaged according to La Crosse. That being the case, I would not touch that issue with a 10 foot poll.

What I had considered doing in WUHU was having a tweak for rain total (console total + tweak total = real total). Since Weather Underground and CWOP could care less about the rain total, I have decided to not implement it as of yet.

Offline Old Geaser

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2007, 02:15:48 PM »
Ok Thanks. The 0.00 that I have now is much better than 60.xx.   Thanks again.

Bert