Author Topic: Category 6: Day of Destruction: You call this a freakin' weather-related movie?  (Read 3052 times)

Offline Chris H.

• Rio Rancho's Weather
  • Forecaster
Just watched it on DVD tonight, after seeing it listed on SyFy. But, well, the tornado scenes were pretty good, at least for the rural Midwest scenes, but everything else is crap piled together. And I'll add that there are elements from the 1993 storm of the century thrown in here, minus the heavy snow across the south.

But that's my opinion. Anybody else have an opinion on it? And it's sequel (an extension to the original story line), Category 7: End of the World?
Weather in Rio Rancho, New Mexico:

Offline WeatherHost

• Forecaster
Most movies lately are just 'crap piled together'.  I haven't watched a new movie in close to 20 years.

When they make up a term that doesn't exist (Cat 6), you should know what to expect.

Offline Chris H.

• Rio Rancho's Weather
  • Forecaster
Most movies lately are just 'crap piled together'.  I haven't watched a new movie in close to 20 years.

When they make up a term that doesn't exist (Cat 6), you should know what to expect.

Yes I guess that's true. (Though when I first saw it about 6 years ago, I didn't know any better.)

There are some movies worth watching about weather (despite inaccuracies), like, Twister (1996) or Night Of The Twisters (1996-1997).
Weather in Rio Rancho, New Mexico:

Offline SlowModem

• Weather at the speed of dialup!
  • Forecaster
  • WX @ 26.4 kbs
    • Watts Bar Weather

I give that review two thumbs up!

Greg Whitehead
Ten Mile, TN USA

Offline WeatherHost

• Forecaster
I say 'new movies' meaning when they first hit the theatres.  I've watched a few on tape or disc long after their release.

Down Periscope wasn't all bad.

anything